Search

Skipping an award segment

Search this Thread

Old Mar 1, 2019, 2:04 am
Original Poster

Programs: KLM. Elite Plus, SK Silver
Skipping an award segment

So, AF/KL just published their promo awards for March,

50 % discount to CUR from Europe. 21750 miles in Y or 30250 in C, not too bad.

So, I was thinking about booking to CUR, and KL789 AMS-CUR does have a stopover in SXM on certain days, would it be possible to get off in SXM and just not continue onward to CUR ?
More tempted to visit SXM than CUR...

I will be travelling only with hand luggage, and just book a one way flight.

Would appreciate any tips and/or insight on this.
Sorry in similar thread have been posted before,

Thanks a lot. :-)
Old Mar 1, 2019, 7:28 am

Programs: *G (TK elite+), OW sapphire (QR), ST elite plus (AF). LA black
Leaving the airplane in SXM should not be a problem technically - however you will be missed when they do a head count for the onward flight from SXM to CUR and it will take them a while to figure out who is missing and then they would not be happy at all - as long as you don't mention to anyone that you leave the flight early (you could feel sick ).
Old Mar 1, 2019, 7:31 am
Suspended

Programs: UA US CO AA DL FL
They will be neither happy nor unhappy. If you do not board, you will be subtracted from the headcount for weight & balance, the aircraft will depart and the remaining segment will be cancelled.

If you do this regularly, it will attract attention on the revenue side, but not for a one-off.
Old Mar 1, 2019, 7:37 am

Originally Posted by Often1
They will be neither happy nor unhappy. If you do not board, you will be subtracted from the headcount for weight & balance, the aircraft will depart and the remaining segment will be cancelled.

If you do this regularly, it will attract attention on the revenue side, but not for a one-off.
CUR bound passengers do not disembark in SXM, so he can’t “not board” in that respect. He would just disembark with the SXM passengers.

If they do a headcount, I imagine it will cause some trouble till they figure out who’s missing (and delay the flight). Though I highly doubt they’d go after OP for this.
Old Mar 2, 2019, 2:19 am
Moderator: Aegean Miles+Bonus

Programs: AFKL Plat, A3 Gold
Its definitely a bit more risky than just not showing up for a segment. Everyone's limit to the amount of risk they are willing to accept is different, but personally I don't think I would do it.
Old Mar 2, 2019, 3:11 am

Programs: Flying Blue Plat, Air Europa Silver, IHG Plat, Accor Plat
Originally Posted by Djokison

CUR bound passengers do not disembark in SXM, so he can’t “not board” in that respect. He would just disembark with the SXM passengers.

If they do a headcount, I imagine it will cause some trouble till they figure out who’s missing (and delay the flight). Though I highly doubt they’d go after OP for this.
I never flew this route, but I can imagine there being somebody at the gate checking that whoever is disembarking really has an SXM boarding pass, to make sure that no CUR bound pax accidentally step out.
Old Mar 2, 2019, 6:48 am
Original Poster

Programs: KLM. Elite Plus, SK Silver
Thanks for the info guys..

Considering my options,maybe i'jj just go to CUR and continue to Colombia, or another caribbean island from there. With a couple of days stopover... :-)
Old Mar 10, 2019, 7:08 am

Programs: Marriott titanium, KL/AF FB Ulti

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.