Nuts Again

Old Mar 9, 19, 9:03 am
Original Poster

Programs: BA-S UA LH-Sen KLM/AF-Plat.
Nuts Again

This morning's KL1506 and no snacks served in eco as someone had a nut allergy. Apart from all the arguments about whether the airborne allergens can or cannot be dangerous to the sufferer isn't about time these snacks, small as they are, were rethought so the rest of the pax can still get a mouthful of something and the sufferer doesn't influence what everyone else has to put up with?
​​
nancypants and Wunk like this.
Old Mar 9, 19, 9:20 am
Used to be guidogh

You saved 150 calories! you should thank them… ;-)
Old Mar 9, 19, 12:23 pm
Original Poster

Did I marry you??
nancypants likes this.
Old Mar 9, 19, 11:03 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

That's simply nuts!

Just make sure to carry a packet of contingency nuts in your carry-on at all times.

That way you will have the satisfaction of knowing that no nutter will ever force you to go hungry.

Johan
Old Mar 10, 19, 1:45 am
Hyatt Contributor Badge

Programs: Flying Blue Platinum, JetBlue Mosaic, Hyatt Globalist, Alaska MVP Gold.
As far as alternative snacks go, that has proven to be a tough nut to crack.
Old Mar 10, 19, 3:49 am
Original Poster

Just knew this would attract some nutty replies. But would it happen longhaul? Would certain dishes not be served? Presume this person only mentioned it when they boarded which seems a bit thoughtless. Not altogether easy for the sufferer other pax or airline.
Old Mar 10, 19, 12:06 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by lloydah View Post
Presume this person only mentioned it when they boarded which seems a bit thoughtless.
I can't recall the specific details, but some years ago some pax about to board a KL aircraft (at a US airport, if I remember correctly) not only demanded that no nuts be served on board, but that any and all nuts be removed from the aircraft before departure. After a discussion, the captain denied the pax and his party boarding.

Johan
Wunk likes this.
Old Mar 10, 19, 7:52 pm
Hyatt Contributor Badge

Programs: Flying Blue Platinum, JetBlue Mosaic, Hyatt Globalist, Alaska MVP Gold.
I think that's the correct course of action. There's no arguing with nut jobs.
Fabo.sk likes this.
Old Mar 10, 19, 11:38 pm

Programs: Flying Blue
yes, it is redicilous that nothing else was served on such an incredible long flight. Did they also skip the second serving?

(Probably crew was notified on short notice and to and from NWI the catering is very limited).

Try a bussiness class upgrade the next time and ask for a beer or a coke..... I am sorry sir. We have water, coffee or thea only...)
Old Mar 11, 19, 2:28 am
Hyatt Contributor Badge

Originally Posted by Meneer Guggenheimer View Post
yes, it is redicilous that nothing else was served on such an incredible long flight. Did they also skip the second serving?

(Probably crew was notified on short notice and to and from NWI the catering is very limited).

Try a bussiness class upgrade the next time and ask for a beer or a coke..... I am sorry sir. We have water, coffee or thea only...)
I keep asking for beer but all they have is Heineken.

Search this Thread