KLM intra europe - a poor product?

Old Mar 4, 18, 7:31 am

Originally Posted by Fabo.sk View Post
Could be. So far pretty much all of my KL flights were bought either on KL web or AF web.
I used to do that, but i realized status trumps most issues and i don't request anything out of the ordinary which requires a ticket bought via KL/AF. Money-wise, 10 eur booking fee times amount MR is another 3 tickets. I'm also not a fan of slang speaking social media agents who reply after 24 hrs or not at all, even if it's regarding a future ICA booking. I know a lot of people way overpaying for KL and not getting the service they deserve. SM dep. earns 26 million a year, you would think the service would get better together with the product KL sells(e-comf. seats etc). But in stead, more seats are fixed into the sardine cans which has a negative effect on both service and comfort.
Old Mar 4, 18, 12:12 pm

Programs: ST E+, *G, some hotel gold...
Originally Posted by Mcflyneo View Post
I used to do that, but i realized status trumps most issues and i don't request anything out of the ordinary which requires a ticket bought via KL/AF. Money-wise, 10 eur booking fee times amount MR is another 3 tickets. I'm also not a fan of slang speaking social media agents who reply after 24 hrs or not at all, even if it's regarding a future ICA booking. I know a lot of people way overpaying for KL and not getting the service they deserve. SM dep. earns 26 million a year, you would think the service would get better together with the product KL sells(e-comf. seats etc). But in stead, more seats are fixed into the sardine cans which has a negative effect on both service and comfort.
I am aware of the booking fee, which is why I have largely switched to AF site, where there is no fee. I haven't actually checked whether the resulting tickets are 057 or 074 stock.

Curiously enough, I just checked a flight I'm looking to buy for a friends wedding, and while AF site is happy enough to offer me a ticket that is wholly operated by OK, and wholly marketed by KL, the KL web only offers OK/OK connection on the outbound - for the return, it forces me to take me the KL (mainline or Cityhopper) flight on PRG-AMS sector... on the morning of the prefered day of return, this means a stagerring 226 EUR difference, in addition to a two hour later arrival (same departure from OK outstation, but while OK - and AF - offer a 40 minute connection, KL only offer a 2h30m one).

If I had any reason to use a travel agent (or even a good TA to use), I would consider using one, even at a cost. But as things are, there is no reason to do so. I can circumvent the booking fee by using AF website and my itineraries are simple enough.
Old Mar 5, 18, 4:24 pm
2019 FlyerTalk Awards

Programs: United MileagePlus
Yeah definitely agree. Even in the states where it's more common to have Wifi its still an extremely new situation.