Community
Wiki Posts
Search

KL606/605 SFO-AMS v.v. cancelled (29 March 2017)

Search this Thread

Old Mar 29, 2017, 5:07 pm
Original Poster
Hyatt Contributor Badge

Programs: Flying Blue Platinum, JetBlue Mosaic, Hyatt Globalist, Alaska MVP Gold.
KL606/605 SFO-AMS v.v. cancelled (29 March 2017)

Anyone have any reason why both the SFO-AMS KL606 and the AMS-SFO KL605 were cancelled today? KLM states technical reasons.
Old Mar 29, 2017, 5:12 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
If the AMS-SFO was cancelled, KLM probably needed to cancel the return as they would have no aircraft at SFO.

You might want to ask a moderator to add the date to your thread title, or do so yourself very quickly while you still can. I initially assumed that the route was being suspended/cancelled for all days and not just today.
Old Mar 29, 2017, 6:07 pm
Original Poster
Hyatt Contributor Badge

Programs: Flying Blue Platinum, JetBlue Mosaic, Hyatt Globalist, Alaska MVP Gold.
Originally Posted by MSPeconomist
If the AMS-SFO was cancelled, KLM probably needed to cancel the return as they would have no aircraft at SFO.

You might want to ask a moderator to add the date to your thread title, or do so yourself very quickly while you still can. I initially assumed that the route was being suspended/cancelled for all days and not just today.
D'oh, good point, too late for me now. Mods? Sorry...
Old Mar 30, 2017, 2:49 am

Programs: Delta Silver, HH Gold, Accor Gold, IHG Platinum
On 29MAR? I only see KL608 as significantly delayed.
Old Mar 31, 2017, 2:05 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: KL Platinum; A3 Gold
I heard a boarding announcement for SFO at AMS around 16:00 today and thought that rather late for an SFO flight....
Old Mar 31, 2017, 3:43 pm

Programs: UA PP (2MM), BA gold
Was on flight. Received email 3/28PM advising of cancellation. I was on MUC-AMS-SFO. Was rerouted on AF MUC-CDG-SFO. See below------

• Your flight KL0605 has been cancelled
• KLM is now looking for an alternative flight
• Please wait until we email and sms your new flight details

KL0605
03/29/2017
AMS - SFO

Booking code:
ZZZZZZZZZZZZZ

Dear Mr ZEBRANZ,

We regret to tell you that your flight has been cancelled. Your arrival in SAN FRANCISCO will be delayed and we are very sorry for any difficulty you experience.

If you're at the airport, we would like to offer you one of the following: a free meal at Schiphol airport, a discount on your on-board purchases or extra Flying Blue Miles.
Please head to a transfer kiosk to print your coupon.

Yours sincerely,

KLM Customer Care
Old Mar 31, 2017, 5:05 pm
Original Poster
Hyatt Contributor Badge

Originally Posted by zebranz
Was on flight. Received email 3/28PM advising of cancellation. I was on MUC-AMS-SFO. Was rerouted on AF MUC-CDG-SFO. See below------

KL0605
03/29/2017
AMS - SFO

Booking code:
ZZZZZZZZZZZZZ

Dear Mr ZEBRANZ,

We regret to tell you that your flight has been cancelled. Your arrival in SAN FRANCISCO will be delayed and we are very sorry for any difficulty you experience.

If you're at the airport, we would like to offer you one of the following: a free meal at Schiphol airport, a discount on your on-board purchases or extra Flying Blue Miles.
Please head to a transfer kiosk to print your coupon.

Yours sincerely,

KLM Customer Care
That sucks, really sorry to hear. I was wondering what the reason was beyond MX.
Old Apr 1, 2017, 7:36 am

Programs: UA PP (2MM), BA gold
I did look at the aircraft and it was coming from mid-east. Therefore was not a MX unless it was discovered some work needed to be done and was safe to go to AMS to be handled there. Did not follow up as was unhappy no EC261 600 euros. Air France A380 CDG-SFO was pleasant, food better than expected, staff good, and arrived to make my original connection in SFO.

Originally Posted by caliform
That sucks, really sorry to hear. I was wondering what the reason was beyond MX.
Old Apr 9, 2017, 2:18 pm
Original Poster
Hyatt Contributor Badge

Looks like KL608 got cancelled today, as well. Not sure what's up with this route, seems like it gets a cancellation every weekend.
Old Apr 10, 2017, 12:16 pm

Programs: Delta Silver, HH Gold, Accor Gold, IHG Platinum
Again damaged.

Code:
 KL608/09APR SFO-AMS Booked: -C/-M
Cancellation. Flight segments were cancelled on 08APR for technical reasons
(external damage).
Old Apr 10, 2017, 1:48 pm
Original Poster
Hyatt Contributor Badge

Hm, between that one and PH-BHA, I hope my flight on the 12th is still going to be on a 787...
Old Apr 12, 2017, 8:42 am

Programs: FB Plat; BAEC Gold
Originally Posted by zebranz

Only slightly OT, when people receive these cancellation emails have they ever been notified of a new flight? I've had 3 this year and always need to call the platinum line for rebooking.
Old Apr 12, 2017, 10:12 am
Original Poster
Hyatt Contributor Badge

Originally Posted by DaveNCL
Only slightly OT, when people receive these cancellation emails have they ever been notified of a new flight? I've had 3 this year and always need to call the platinum line for rebooking.
I have gotten a cancellation notice on my last flight AMS-JFK, and it immediately came with a god-awful rebooking. (36 hours later on AMS-FRA-JFK on *A)

Had to call the Platinum line to sort it out and get on a next day nonstop Delta flight.
Old Apr 12, 2017, 11:28 am

Programs: FlyingBlue Platinum, Hertz PC
Originally Posted by caliform
I have gotten a cancellation notice on my last flight AMS-JFK, and it immediately came with a god-awful rebooking. (36 hours later on AMS-FRA-JFK on *A)

Had to call the Platinum line to sort it out and get on a next day nonstop Delta flight.
Looks like their automatic rebooking system didn't improved.
For information, don't try to get a rebooking done with the platinum line before the system did its dirty work because it will cancel everything done by the Plat line and put you on a terrible itinerary.

#BeenThere
Old May 2, 2017, 8:38 am
Original Poster
Hyatt Contributor Badge

KL606 tomorrow cancelled again, Platinum line citing 'mechanical issues'. This and Delta taking over some of the JFK route is not a great showcase of KLM Operations.

Managed to get a good rebooking by proactively calling it in (SFO-SLC-AMS on the KL 787) but jeez -- if there's next-day J seats on the 787 from SLC why isn't that one doing JFK? The mind boggles.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.