Community
Wiki Posts
Search

First new security filter operational at AMS

Search this Thread

Old Nov 19, 2021, 12:45 pm

Originally Posted by westi2002
I've been a few times now at the new T1 lanes, but never saw the SP lines operational. So I prefer to use the escalator from SkyPriorty check-in. From there you also can use the shortcut to the lounges.
I will look for this shortcut next week, thank you for the tip
Old Nov 20, 2021, 2:11 am

The shortcut to the lounges (without having to go down and up again) is a bliss!
johan rebel and Didymis like this.
Old Nov 20, 2021, 6:10 am
Moderator: Aegean Miles+Bonus

Programs: AFKL Plat, A3 Gold
Indeed, used it yesterday. What was not a bliss though, is that lounge #25 apparently doesn't open before 6AM. Not great when you are booked on the 6:50 AM flight to CDG!
Escape likes this.
Old Nov 28, 2021, 2:05 am

Originally Posted by Xandrios
Indeed, used it yesterday. What was not a bliss though, is that lounge #25 apparently doesn't open before 6AM. Not great when you are booked on the 6:50 AM flight to CDG!
I’ve had this a few times, I have the impression this is due to Covid, I might be wrong. I believe to have used it before Covid before 06:00AM.
Xandrios likes this.
Old Nov 28, 2021, 2:08 am

Originally Posted by jerry_greece
The shortcut to the lounges (without having to go down and up again) is a bliss!
Found it on Friday morning at 05:30

Old Nov 28, 2021, 7:55 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

And the lady was rushing to make her short connection?

Johan
Escape likes this.
Old Dec 17, 2021, 10:19 am

Programs: Der 5* FTL
Security hit and miss as always at Schiphol, though I have found that at least my personal items now rarely go into secondary.
Also not needing to remove liquids and electronics makes stuff easier.

I am still confused by the layout though.
If I am not mistaken, there are no less than 3 priority lanes to the Departures 1 security upstairs - not counting the closed 1A, and the (also closed?) temporary security just off C pier.

You can
1. Go up the stairs on the "road" side of the concourse
2. Go up the stairs from the SkyPriority zone
3. enter from the entrance on the Check-in 1-8 side.

Any of these might actually function as a priority lane... or not.
Old Dec 17, 2021, 10:30 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

I'm must confess that I sailed right through last week. No queue, no secondary. The experience was surreal.

And yes, it is confusing. The annoying thing is that there's no way of knowing which of an unknown number of open priority lanes has the shortest lines, and which of them is being policed to prevent non-eligible pax from sneaking in.

After some trial and error, I've decided to use the SkyPriority zone escalator, which is closest to the Privium ClubLounge. Once upstairs I take a look at the T2 priorty checkpoint, and if it looks too busy I go around two corners to the T1 one instead.

Johan
Old Dec 17, 2021, 10:54 am

That is probably the best solution.
Old Dec 19, 2021, 7:18 am
Moderator: Aegean Miles+Bonus

Programs: AFKL Plat, A3 Gold
My bags still go to secondary regularly. A few times in a row because of...my wallet. Same question every time: Do you have a stack of business cards in there?

And every time its my wallet with some bank cards, FF cards, etc. Which is something, I would assume, that is very common. Same for business cards actually.... I'd imagine a rather large percentage of SkyPriority pax to actually have a set of cards in their bag. I know I do when I fly for business (Though funny enough those never actually caused my bag to go to secondary).
Old Dec 19, 2021, 8:45 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by Xandrios
My bags still go to secondary regularly. A few times in a row because of...my wallet. Same question every time: Do you have a stack of business cards in there?
We all know that business cards are very dangerous weapons, especially when stacked. A pile of 150,000 or so can easily be used to bring down the biggest of airliners.

Johan
Old Jan 5, 2022, 2:11 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

This morning was a breeze, all the agents at the priority checkpoint were standing and sitting around, just waiting for me. No secondary either. Regular lanes very quiet. Yet the airport is busyish, the drop-off zone even packed with cars. KL Schengen lounge from packed, though. I'm alone in the Privium Express Lounge.

Johan

​​​​​​
Old Jan 5, 2022, 3:45 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: DL DM, Former AA EXP now AY Plat, AC 75K, NW Plat, Former CO Gold, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Titanium
Originally Posted by johan rebel
Did exactly that last week. Found a rather long priority line. Just as I joined it, an agent showed up and told the last half dozen or so of us to follow him to T1, there was nobody in line there. People were sceptical and asked for assurances. These were emphatically given, so off we all trudged. The agent was right, as we came around the corner we were pleased to see an empty checkpoint. Alas, at that very moment a whole crowd of pax who had decided to award themselves priority status approached from the other side, where there was nobody to stop them. As they saw us they picked up speed, determined to avail themselves of their new and hard-earned status, and beat us to it. So we were back to square one. Or as the Dutch would say, van de regen in de drup.

The "priority" line was now suddenly longer than the regular ones, so some pax extricated themselves from our queue and went there instead. I stayed put, as I could see that the agent manning the scanner wasn't one of those secondary inspection maniacs. That saved me ten minutes or so.

Johan
How do you know? The one thing I hate at AMS is agents send everything to 2ndry. They do it even knowing what item is. Have an Epipen? They know exactly what it looks like. Still they send to 2ndry. Agent there looks at screen, says Epipen? You say yes, and off you go. It appears they don't even get why it was sent. (Also they appear upset at their colleague)

However staff at the connection checkpoint always seem ok. Same case,, same exact items,, never sent to 2ndry there once..
Old Jan 5, 2022, 4:18 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by flyerCO
How do you know?
I look at the number of bags on the belt to secondary, and how big the crowd is waiting there.

Johan
Old Mar 27, 2024, 3:18 am

I have recently learned ITA is now being handled from out in T1A, and since I had a B15 departure, I decided to go give the Security 1A a try.

Well, that was a long walk for nothing. It's apparently "broken".

Walked back to the downstairs entrance by check-in zone 3, and priority security was shambles... The entrance is supposed to be for reserved slots and privium only, as I got up the stairs I see a man trying to touch his phone to the Privium card reader? Then he showed something on it to the Schiphol person standing there, I'm assuming the reservation. As we walk in to the scanners, the usher there points us to an empty scanner.. Empty also of security staff. They were readying it to open I guess, but we were shooed away. I spotted a regular lane a bit further that has only one person setting up the boxes, so I make a beeline, but she tried to make me go to the last scanner, with like 10 people waiting for their turn? Like, why??

Secondary was the usual mess including the agent insisting I keep my cosmetics bag in my backpack and me insisting (correctly) it will get send to secondary.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.