Community
Wiki Posts
Search

First new security filter operational at AMS

Search this Thread

Old Oct 1, 2016, 11:08 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by SAT Lawyer
I guess if you have Privium things are better.
It was when Privium still had its own dedicated security lane. Now Privium members share the "priorty" lanes with all other Elite/J pax, and are apparently ranked after cabin crew as well.

May I suggest that you share your concerns with those at Schiphol who are directly in charge? PM for e-mail addresses.

Johan
Old Oct 2, 2016, 12:03 pm

Programs: FB Plat, Privium
Originally Posted by troje
Privium security seems to be improved. At the priority security line, there is now a large privium logo found on the floor. The line assistant will direct you forward and allows you to jump the queue if you have a privium membership. Very good news!
Both at Departures two and three I've had a three more experiences since I wrote this quoted above. All were a considerably worse exercise, unfortunately. These times there was no direction to the front of the queue as I experienced earlier. Long waiting times in a queue that is similar to the standard pax queue, if not longer.

Why such inconsistency?

Still they separate priority passengers into two groups, one being the Priority pax and the other being the business class tickets and SkyPriority pax. If these two groups come together at the beginning of the security queue, what's the purpose of separating them in the first place?
Old Oct 2, 2016, 1:05 pm

Still they separate priority passengers into two groups, one being the Priority pax and the other being the business class tickets and SkyPriority pax. If these two groups come together at the beginning of the security queue, what's the purpose of separating them in the first place?
How are they doing that? I never noticed such a separation.
Old Oct 2, 2016, 2:56 pm

Originally Posted by Ditto
How are they doing that? I never noticed such a separation.
From what I recall, at Departures 3, right after the stairs there are three paths: Standard pax (on the left outside lane), Priority pax (middle lane) and a Privium scanner (inside lane). Middle lane and inside lane come together right after the corner, but there is a separation available.
Old Oct 2, 2016, 3:44 pm

From what I recall, at Departures 3, right after the stairs there are three paths: Standard pax (on the left outside lane), Priority pax (middle lane) and a Privium scanner (inside lane). Middle lane and inside lane come together right after the corner, but there is a separation available.
But that is not a split of priority pax between J/SkyPriority and all others.
Either way, splitting groups into separate queues, even if they all arrive to the same entrance at the end have a point, normally the first 2 lanes will be only for priority pax, when there is none then normal pax would be redirected to them as well, on the other occasions where there are many people queuing in the priority lane, airport employees can redirect them to use the "normal" lanes as well.

The way I look at it, if priority had been a completely different section, I had to wait for about 10 pax the last time I went through, since it is not completely separated, I only had to wait for about 3 as I got sent by the airport employee to the front of another queue, so in my opinion it's a win-win situation for everyone if it is handled correctly.
Old Oct 4, 2016, 10:20 am

To get back to the subject of trays being sent to secondary... one of mine suffered that fate today (in the priority lane), and while I was waiting for my tray to make it to the front of the queue I was observing the other lanes.

All non-priority lanes had, on average, two trays waiting to go to secondary.

The average for the prority lanes was about ten.

Is this a case of security staff trying to show priority passengers who is boss???
Old Oct 4, 2016, 12:37 pm

Programs: DL SPlat, KLM Bump, Privium Plus, GOES
Dunno, this morning it was like 40% of the bags going to secondary at the SP/privium line when i got through.

a tray containing my M & M's and 'Napolitaansse dropstaafjes', purchased a couple minutes before at Apiehappie together with my carkey and a normal key suffered the same fate today.

Comment of the employee swapping and checking my candy and homekey out: 'Heel slecht'/Very bad. Apearantly my homekey was partly under my carkey and i could hide somewhere on that less then 1 cm2 area (i still are wondering what i would manage to hide under that small area)

Plastic bag full with loaders, adapters, media player & headphones and other cables all mixed and on top of each other went through without any problems....so I am somewhat flabbergasted.

Only @AMS...
Old Oct 4, 2016, 2:29 pm
Original Poster

Programs: FB Silver, Hilton Diamond
I once had my tray that has my shoes in them go to secondary. Nothing found. I really think they're bored, power tripping, stupid or any combination of these.
Old Oct 4, 2016, 11:01 pm

Programs: DL SPlat, KLM Bump, Privium Plus, GOES
Both the shoes of the lady after me and a guy after her went to secondary. Seems SOP?
Old Oct 4, 2016, 11:21 pm
Original Poster

Programs: FB Silver, Hilton Diamond
If it is, then they're not following it well, as I always opt out of the body scanner and consequently take my shoes off, so they're always going through the X-Ray, but only once have they been sent to secondary.
Old Oct 5, 2016, 2:12 pm

Originally Posted by mfkne
I always opt out of the body scanner
^
Old Oct 8, 2016, 12:22 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by SAT Lawyer
Schiphol used to be my favorite airport in the world to fly in and out of. Now, it's exasperating. The lines at passport control coming in all five times I have arrived this year have been massive.
Then brace yourself for some more good news:

The Terminal 1 arrivals immigrations checkpoint (the one down the stairs at the beginning of concourse D) will close tomorrow, October 9, and hopefully reopen again just before Christmas. Arriving passengers will be redirected to Terminal 2 (concourse E) arrivals.

Sounds like just the recipe to keep waiting times to an absolute minimum.

Johan
Old Oct 8, 2016, 1:45 am

Programs: Delta Silver, HH Gold, Accor Gold, IHG Platinum
I am curious if they would allow you to clear immigration at the transferfilter between Lounge 2 and 1. Then it is just a quick exit into the baggage claim.
Old Oct 8, 2016, 7:32 am

Originally Posted by johan rebel
Then brace yourself for some more good news:

The Terminal 1 arrivals immigrations checkpoint (the one down the stairs at the beginning of concourse D) will close tomorrow, October 9, and hopefully reopen again just before Christmas. Arriving passengers will be redirected to Terminal 2 (concourse E) arrivals.

Sounds like just the recipe to keep waiting times to an absolute minimum.

Johan
I've read this as well, not very good news. In the last six months this checkpoint has been closed regularly, especially late in the evening and forced passengers to walk to that indicated Terminal 2 arrivals near gate E. That's a long walk!
Old Oct 9, 2016, 4:49 am

Originally Posted by KLflyerRalph
I am curious if they would allow you to clear immigration at the transferfilter between Lounge 2 and 1. Then it is just a quick exit into the baggage claim.
I guess this would work with a Privium card**... but would it work at a manned booth? I haven't used one in a long time, but don't they ask for boarding passes?

(**But I guess that using a Privium card for the purpose would probably be a breach of Privium rules...)

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.