PH-AOB done
PH-AOC done
PH-AOD done
PH-AOE done
PH-AOF done
PH-AOM done
PH-AON done

Last update: 02-Feb-2019 (okazon69)
Previous update: 4-jan-2019 (KLflyerRalph)
Previous update: 30-Sep-2018 ( EvD86 )
Previous update: 25-Sep-2018 ( HSH )
Previous update: 10-Sep-2018 ( joene )
Previous update: 07-Sep-2018 ( ThePlaneThePlane )
Previous update: 28-Aug-2018 ( ThePlaneThePlane )
Previous update: 24-Aug-2018 ( ThePlaneThePlane )
Previous update: 30-Jul-2018 ( HSH )
Previous update: 13-Jun-2018 ( ThePlaneThePlane )
Print Wikipost

New WBC seat in A330-200 & 300

Search this Thread

Old Sep 10, 2018, 3:36 pm

Programs: Flying Blue Gold, Marriott Gold, Hilton Silver, BA Silver, Accor Gold, A3
Saw on flight radar that PH-AOB hasn't flown since Sept 8 coming back from Fortaleza, so they will probably start with that one whilst finishing PH-AOM.

Have AMS - YUL booked for Sept 26, guess the odds are getting better
Old Sep 20, 2018, 8:09 am

I'm on KL628 MIA-AMS when it reaches for the winter season at the end of October. On manage my booking it's listed as A333 with old style angle-flat seats. So my inference from the above and the status in the thread wiki is that as long as they keep it as an A333 and don't switch to an A332, then I have a 4in5 chance of getting the new cabin assuming PH-AKD remains in service with the old cabin at that point. I'm wondering, as have others above, if they keep it as the old config on the seat section screen in the booking until either they have definitely allocated a new config to the specific flight OR all 5 of them are upgraded.
Anyone got any different take on matters or any intel on what they are likely to use for the AMS-MIA-AMS route? :-)
Old Sep 25, 2018, 9:33 am
HSH

Looks like PH-AOM is flying again according to flightaware.com. 7/8 330-200s now complete. Odds are looking better for our October 6 YEG to AMS flight for the new bird! (Please feel free to update the wiki with this info)
Old Sep 25, 2018, 10:44 am

Programs: Flying Blue Gold
Your odds are 5 (completed) out of 7 (-200’s flying). It’s a good bet.
Old Sep 25, 2018, 11:08 am
HSH

Touché!
Old Sep 29, 2018, 3:51 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Four Seasons Contributor BadgeMandarin Oriental Contributor Badge

Location: Seat 1A, Juice pretty much everywhere, Mucci des Coins Exotiques
I'm booked on an A333 to KGL soon. The seatmap looks like old seats from what I can tell. I'll report back in a week.
Old Sep 29, 2018, 1:55 pm

Thumbs up PH-AKB

We are flying from YYC to AMS on Oct 1 in World Business Club on PH-AKB - I hope this wiki is correct and the plane has updated it's business class section to the lie down pods. Fingers crossed. I will confirm and post the result.
Old Sep 30, 2018, 2:45 am

Programs: FB Platinum
Originally Posted by jmbcanada
We are flying from YYC to AMS on Oct 1 in World Business Club on PH-AKB - I hope this wiki is correct and the plane has updated it's business class section to the lie down pods. Fingers crossed. I will confirm and post the result.
I flew on that aircraft to YYC 2 weeks ago, it is the new WBC layout.

My return was meant to be on the same but was switched to PH-AKD the day before. Horrible. The seat was musty and sparked a full on sinus problem for me, sleep was impossible and I'm still aching. On the plus side the FAs were all marvellous.

Last edited by rosensfole; Sep 30, 2018 at 5:30 am Reason: More detail.
Old Sep 30, 2018, 5:22 am

PH-AOB is scheduled for YUL today, so it seems to be completed. PH-AOC stopped flying since last week, so I assume this one in next. Must be wondering if they continue doing twice at the same time..

So, only two birds flying around with angle flat seats on KLM longhaul!
Old Sep 30, 2018, 11:23 am

Originally Posted by rosensfole
I flew on that aircraft to YYC 2 weeks ago, it is the new WBC layout.

My return was meant to be on the same but was switched to PH-AKD the day before. Horrible. The seat was musty and sparked a full on sinus problem for me, sleep was impossible and I'm still aching. On the plus side the FAs were all marvellous.
Thanks! I hope we have a new plane on the return trip on Oct 20. They keep saying they will be complete with the A300s by November, so seemingly PH-AKD should be taken out of rotation soon for it's retrofit.
Old Oct 9, 2018, 4:38 pm

Programs: United
Hi!

I will be flying KLM business AMS-YVR mid November on an A330-300. I guess as things stand I have 20% chance of flying on the old style business class. Is there any way to determine which flight path PH-AKD uses? I tried to ask an online rep however that was a waste of time! I managed to take advantage of a promotion 45k Chase points directly transferred to a Flying Blue account. Not a bad deal considering my United flight going to Europe was 70k!

Thanks!!!
Old Oct 9, 2018, 6:18 pm
Original Member

Programs: AA 2MM, Bonvoy LTT, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by Johhny5Alive
Hi!

I will be flying KLM business AMS-YVR mid November on an A330-300. I guess as things stand I have 20% chance of flying on the old style business class. Is there any way to determine which flight path PH-AKD uses? I tried to ask an online rep however that was a waste of time! I managed to take advantage of a promotion 45k Chase points directly transferred to a Flying Blue account. Not a bad deal considering my United flight going to Europe was 70k!

Thanks!!!
Not possible to determine that far in advance. Maybe you can determine 48 hours to departure but even then, it is subject to change.
Old Oct 9, 2018, 11:45 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Four Seasons Contributor BadgeMandarin Oriental Contributor Badge

Location: Seat 1A, Juice pretty much everywhere, Mucci des Coins Exotiques
Originally Posted by stimpy
I'm booked on an A333 to KGL soon. The seatmap looks like old seats from what I can tell. I'll report back in a week.
I flew Oct 6th and had a fully flat seat. I was in 1J and the seat next to me was empty. So pretty much a perfect flight.
Old Oct 10, 2018, 1:10 am

Is there even a different seat map for the new cabin?
Old Oct 10, 2018, 1:41 am

Programs: Flying Blue Platinum for Life, AccorLiveLimitless Platinum, Qatar Airways Gold
No they are currenly the same as they have the same number of seats and all in the same position. So its understandable that they would only update it with the new look after all A330s are completed.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.