Community
Wiki Posts
Search

KLM abandoning MIA, LPL and MXP

Search this Thread

Old Dec 29, 2011, 6:52 am

Originally Posted by Gajan
Give the FB helpdesk another call (and keep trying) to see if you get a more willing agent. I would definitely point them towards the minimum connection time.
Thanks Gajan

Think they are coming up with excuses because it's a rewards flight and also over the Easter period. Poor show that they didn't notify me of the change. Do you know when the changes were announced?
Old Dec 29, 2011, 7:27 am
Moderator: Flying Blue (Air France & KLM)

Programs: Flying Blue (AF/KL)
Originally Posted by simontimmins
Thanks Gajan

Think they are coming up with excuses because it's a rewards flight and also over the Easter period. Poor show that they didn't notify me of the change. Do you know when the changes were announced?
I believe it was sent out to travel agents on 20 December (see my post here).
Old Dec 29, 2011, 12:53 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by simontimmins
they are coming up with excuses because it's a rewards flight
What kind of an idiotic excuse is that? Redemption pax have paid for their flights just like anybody else, albeit with miles, and should be treated exactly the same was as all other passengers.

And what does Easter have to do with it?

Johan
Old Dec 29, 2011, 1:09 pm
Moderator: Flying Blue (Air France & KLM)

Programs: Flying Blue (AF/KL)
Originally Posted by johan rebel
And what does Easter have to do with it?

Johan
I am guessing low award availability to be booked in / full flights with hardly any availability at all.
Old Jan 2, 2012, 4:33 am

Programs: FB Gold
Originally Posted by HB-IWC
Even closer by, the GDS as well as your blog still lists KLM's daily nonstop AMS MNL flight, while everyone in the company is aware of the fact that this flight will not be operating, but that MNL will be tagged to some other, yet to be decided destination. And those are flights a mere 3 months away!
If they continue to fly to MNL at all… there are rumors that KL will scrap MNL for good as they are quite furious about the exorbitant taxes which are demanded by the Philippine government. So KL might actually decide to add a 2nd HKG rotation with the option to tag it to MNL, but if the outcome of the current negotiations with the Philippines is not in KLs favor, they most certainly will scrap MNL for good.
Old May 10, 2012, 10:23 am

Programs: Delta Silver, HH Gold, Accor Gold, IHG Platinum
Zakenreisnieuws.nl reports that KLM will reinstate MIA in the winter schedule.
Old May 10, 2012, 11:17 am

Programs: Alaska Airlines Gold MVP
Originally Posted by KLflyerRalph
Zakenreisnieuws.nl reports that KLM will reinstate MIA in the winter schedule.
That's always been the case. It was removed from GDS for one week only and put right back in. Especially with AF out of Orlando and DL out of MIALHR, it makes even more sense now.
Old May 10, 2012, 12:34 pm

Programs: Delta Silver, HH Gold, Accor Gold, IHG Platinum
Originally Posted by MAH4546
That's always been the case. It was removed from GDS for one week only and put right back in. Especially with AF out of Orlando and DL out of MIALHR, it makes even more sense now.
Missed that, sorry.
Old May 10, 2012, 1:37 pm

Programs: Alaska Airlines Gold MVP
Originally Posted by KLflyerRalph
Missed that, sorry.
It was definitely easy to miss; but it is nice that a KLM rep has officially confirmed it and finally settled the earlier confusion.
Old May 10, 2012, 1:51 pm

Originally Posted by MAH4546
It was definitely easy to miss; but it is nice that a KLM rep has officially confirmed it and finally settled the earlier confusion.
By the way, you cited a report on a.net from Spain earlier this year that AF is not resuming CUN this winter. That report was falsehood since Day 1 and AF is adding 4th weekly flight.
Old Jun 1, 2012, 1:29 am

It seems that AMS MIA has been removed from the schedule again.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.