Community
Wiki Posts
Search

KLM abandoning MIA, LPL and MXP

Search this Thread

Old Dec 22, 2011, 5:21 am

Programs: FB
Originally Posted by florin
I'm surprised everyone is re-routed via ATL instead of CDG.
Some friends of mine have reported quite significant overbookings on MIA - CDG, which might explain the re-routing via ATL instead of CDG. However, that makes me wonder even more why MIA is being dropped by KLM...
Old Dec 24, 2011, 2:52 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Accor 25+ Badge

Programs: AF/KL Flying Blue Platinum for life/Club2000 Ultimate, Accor ALL Diamond
Originally Posted by Dandel
Wow, really unfortunate for me and even with the not so great loads I experienced the last few times to MXP, rather surprising to see it dropped.
Both AF and KL are axing MXP and concentrating on LIN with additional flights there
Old Dec 24, 2011, 3:21 am

Programs: UA: 1K, HH: Diamond
Apparently, there's been significant operational schedule issues on the LPL route. They had to delay our flight an hour for crew rest constraints, and I misconnected in AMS as a result. A pair of travelers who are frequently on that flight says the delays are frequent?
Old Dec 24, 2011, 5:12 am

Programs: SK Gold, ITA Executive, Sixt Diamond, Hertz PC, Avis PC, IHG Platinum
Shame for LPL - those £39 one ways are great for positioning to AMS in order to avoid UK APD.
Old Dec 28, 2011, 1:46 am

Programs: Alaska Airlines Gold MVP
Service to Miami is only suspended between the end of March and October 28. Slight retimings when it resumes in October; will still increase to 5x weekly but revert back to MD11, instead of 332 as planned.
Old Dec 28, 2011, 8:05 am

As for now, the return of MIA for the winter season is highly tentative and the loading in the reservation system should not be seen for anything else than a place holder. Both the MIA and DFW routes are in serious jeopardy.
Old Dec 28, 2011, 7:52 pm

Originally Posted by HB-IWC
As for now, the return of MIA for the winter season is highly tentative and the loading in the reservation system should not be seen for anything else than a place holder. Both the MIA and DFW routes are in serious jeopardy.
So the addition of 4th weekly to GIG, EZE, 6th weekly to SFO and few others are also "tentative" then.

http://airlineroute.net/2011/12/27/kl-w12update1/
Old Dec 28, 2011, 8:10 pm

Originally Posted by jimyvr
So the addition of 4th weekly to GIG, EZE, 6th weekly to SFO and few others are also "tentative" then.

http://airlineroute.net/2011/12/27/kl-w12update1/
They are part of the long term longhaul planning, which by far preceeds the decision of KLM to cancel Miami. KLM has since then for instance decided to operate a fifth weekly EZE flight next winter, an addition which does not yet show in the reservation systems. Neither does that fact that KLM at this point does not plan to operate AMS MIA next winter.

Looking at the GDS unfortunately does not give one access to the most up to date information and as scheduling becomes more and more volatile, the GDS unfortunately is not an accurate source of information, for sure not for flights 10 months from now.

Even closer by, the GDS as well as your blog still lists KLM's daily nonstop AMS MNL flight, while everyone in the company is aware of the fact that this flight will not be operating, but that MNL will be tagged to some other, yet to be decided destination. And those are flights a mere 3 months away!

Last edited by HB-IWC; Dec 28, 2011 at 8:16 pm
Old Dec 28, 2011, 8:16 pm

Location: AA Lifetime PLT , BA Silver , BD RIP , HH Gold, SPG / Marriott PLT , EF Subscriber
At : EUR 621 for a Y Class One Way to LPL what did they expect. Its around EUR 50 on Easy Jet. And yet the OW LPL-AMS was only £39
Old Dec 29, 2011, 2:13 am

Originally Posted by HB-IWC
They are part of the long term longhaul planning, which by far preceeds the decision of KLM to cancel Miami. KLM has since then for instance decided to operate a fifth weekly EZE flight next winter, an addition which does not yet show in the reservation systems. Neither does that fact that KLM at this point does not plan to operate AMS MIA next winter.

Looking at the GDS unfortunately does not give one access to the most up to date information and as scheduling becomes more and more volatile, the GDS unfortunately is not an accurate source of information, for sure not for flights 10 months from now.

Even closer by, the GDS as well as your blog still lists KLM's daily nonstop AMS MNL flight, while everyone in the company is aware of the fact that this flight will not be operating, but that MNL will be tagged to some other, yet to be decided destination. And those are flights a mere 3 months away!
I was being sarcastic on your view/stance on GDS information listing. Especially GDS is still the remaining official sources to go with, especially it's the network planning/IT or whatever related departments within the carrier loads their information to, regardless what has been circulated within the company; what has been mentioned publicly to the media.

Yes, long-term schedule are volatile, but GDS is still the official source to go by to date.

BUT, if GDS is seen as somewhat unreliable like other you and other members claimed when it comes to the long term...

1) how many of the routes that you have posted/mentioned on various forums became reality?
2) if GDS is seen as unreliable for long-term schedule planning, why do you even bother to post Singapore Airlines sending 777-300ER to Amsterdam (From July 2012) given the plan is 7-8 months away?
Old Dec 29, 2011, 3:15 am

Originally Posted by jimyvr
how many of the routes that you have posted/mentioned on various forums became reality?
Since you asked, I took the effort and looked it up. I started threads about the future resumptions of both Buenos Aires and Rio de Janeiro, both of which happened, and about Luanda, which is expected to happen within a couple of months. You see, when it comes to KLM, I do not need to rely on what is in the GDS...
Old Dec 29, 2011, 4:29 am

Programs: LX SEN, AFKL Platinum, BA Bronze,
HB-IWC and jimyvr, please continue posting based on GDS and your sources: it is helpful information from both of you.

No point in this argument, GDS is official but still subject to change and sources are not official but can often be useful well before a new route is loaded in GDS.
Old Dec 29, 2011, 5:16 am
Moderator: Flying Blue (Air France & KLM)

Programs: Flying Blue (AF/KL)
Originally Posted by MichielR
HB-IWC and jimyvr, please continue posting based on GDS and your sources: it is helpful information from both of you.

No point in this argument, GDS is official but still subject to change and sources are not official but can often be useful well before a new route is loaded in GDS.
Thank you MichielR for this "moderation comment" .

I guess I am speaking for most on the forum but both your contributions are appreciated so please keep informing us of possible changes etc.

Gajan
Old Dec 29, 2011, 6:19 am

Originally Posted by dutchbird
From March 25, 2012, KLM will drop three destinations: Miami (MIA), Liverpool (LPL) and Milan/Malpensa (MXP). So no more direct flights.

Passengers holding tickets to MIA for travel after that date are re-booked via Atlanta. Remember, this is one of the routes KLM took over from Martinair.

KLM will continue to fly to Milan Linate; people travelling to Liverpool now have to go to Manchester....

KLM is also reducing the number of daily flights to Houston (IAH) from two to one.
Just found out about this today We're booked ABZ - AMS - MIA for Easter on a rewards flight. We've been rebooked via Atlanta with a connection in Atlanta of only 1 hr 25 mins and an arrival time of 23:39. Only thing customer services would offer after a 50 minute conversation was to change dates or cancel for a refund.

Under their own admission the minimum connection should be 1 hr 30 mins for International connections in the US.

Any thoughts as I'm a Gold Card holder?
Old Dec 29, 2011, 6:28 am
Moderator: Flying Blue (Air France & KLM)

Programs: Flying Blue (AF/KL)
Originally Posted by simontimmins
Just found out about this today We're booked ABZ - AMS - MIA for Easter on a rewards flight. We've been rebooked via Atlanta with a connection in Atlanta of only 1 hr 25 mins and an arrival time of 23:39. Only thing customer services would offer after a 50 minute conversation was to change dates or cancel for a refund.

Under their own admission the minimum connection should be 1 hr 30 mins for International connections in the US.

Any thoughts as I'm a Gold Card holder?
Give the FB helpdesk another call (and keep trying) to see if you get a more willing agent. I would definitely point them towards the minimum connection time.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.