Community
Wiki Posts
Search

The ultimate thread on buy-ups at OLCI

Search this Thread

Old Mar 23, 2023, 4:12 pm

Programs: KL Platinum
JNB-AMS €579 or 82000 miles. Same price for Silver and Platinum. Flight was full in Y, with 7 or so seats available in C until departure. After departure there were still 4 or 5 seats in C available. Cash and miles wasn't offered neither online nor onboard, it was full payment either in € or in miles.
Old Mar 28, 2023, 3:10 am

IAD-AMS €672,-. 7 seats available (via seatmap) although this time a pro active message in the app says "treat yourself and upgrade to WBC".
Old Mar 28, 2023, 3:24 pm

Programs: FB Platinum
I do not seem to get olci upgrade offers. Is it because I use the app, and have already choosen seats earlier - or just full flights in general?
Old Mar 28, 2023, 3:33 pm
Accor Contributor Badge

Programs: Flying Blue Ultimate, LATAM Black, ALL Platinum, Hertz Platinum
Originally Posted by KLBGO
I do not seem to get olci upgrade offers. Is it because I use the app, and have already choosen seats earlier - or just full flights in general?
I only use the app and always have a seat. Most likely full flights.
KLBGO likes this.
Old Mar 31, 2023, 4:36 am

Programs: Flying Blue Plat, Eurobonus Silver, ALL Gold
Bear in mind the offer is rarely proactive, you should try to change your seat on the app and you'll see immediately if other cabins are available to select.
atflyer and Arpoador like this.
Old Mar 31, 2023, 12:01 pm

Programs: Flying Blue Platinum
Does the Weekend card impact one's ability to get those offers? Perhaps because it's considered one of the lower fare buckets?

I used to get an OLCI upgrade offer on 40-50% of my medium-haul flights (took perhaps 1 out of 5), but none (not seldom, but really zero) since I purchased the card about 9 months ago.
Old Mar 31, 2023, 12:08 pm

Programs: FlyingBlue
Originally Posted by offvoice
Does the Weekend card impact one's ability to get those offers? Perhaps because it's considered one of the lower fare buckets?

I used to get an OLCI upgrade offer on 40-50% of my medium-haul flights (took perhaps 1 out of 5), but none (not seldom, but really zero) since I purchased the card about 9 months ago.
Interesting, I was having similar thoughts lately because I haven’t seen an OLCI upgrade for the past 10-15 flights.
I started to wonder, after the NDPU purgatory, whether AF started black-listing pax altogether. I was going to start a new thread here to get some feedback.

But yesterday, I finally got an OLCI offer. Granted, it was on irrops and the plane was only 25% full… But it was there.

So maybe it’s just that loads are so high these days that upgrade offers are getting even more scarce than pre-Covid.

Last edited by maalloc; Mar 31, 2023 at 1:18 pm
Old Apr 1, 2023, 1:00 am

Programs: Flying Blue Platinum
Originally Posted by maalloc
Interesting, I was having similar thoughts lately because I haven’t seen an OLCI upgrade for the past 10-15 flights.
I started to wonder, after the NDPU purgatory, whether AF started black-listing pax altogether. I was going to start a new thread here to get some feedback.

But yesterday, I finally got an OLCI offer. Granted, it was on irrops and the plane was only 25% full… But it was there.

So maybe it’s just that loads are so high these days that upgrade offers are getting even more scarce than pre-Covid.
Thanks for your feedback.

I always travel with the wife, on the same R/T flight every time (to/from CMN, which is usually J-heavy, so perhaps the combination of 2 PAX, the route, and the current load factors may indeed affect it altogether.

Also I realise I actually posted my initial comment in the wrong thread. This referred to AF, not KL (sorry )
Old Apr 1, 2023, 6:07 am
Original Poster

Programs: KL Gold, SQ KF Gold, CX Green
ATH- AMS upgrade Y to C available for €119 per passenger. We declined.
Old Apr 2, 2023, 3:24 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Accor 25+ Badge

Programs: AF/KL Flying Blue Platinum for life/Club2000 Ultimate, Accor ALL Diamond
Originally Posted by offvoice
Not at all. Remember that you can get such offers also on award tickets.
offvoice likes this.
Old Apr 3, 2023, 10:15 am
Koc

TRD-AMS upgrade from Y to C available for €59. I do consider the offer since I have an 3 hour layover (onward to JFK).

But, do I get lounge access and SkyPriority during my connection in AMS when only upgrading my inbound flight?
Old Apr 3, 2023, 12:59 pm
Moderator: Aegean Miles+Bonus

Programs: AFKL Plat, A3 Gold
You do not. You'll get lounge access only prior to your ugraded flight.
Koc likes this.
Old Apr 5, 2023, 5:13 pm

Programs: British Airways
AMS to CPT on Friday 7th April coming in at £480 each. Probably would've done it if I was able to get a seat by the window with my partner.
Old Apr 5, 2023, 10:43 pm

HUY-AMS £131

30mns before the flight and J still fully empty. And at this price, it will stay this way!
atflyer and Solevita like this.
Old Apr 6, 2023, 1:01 am

J stayed empty and my companion and I had the first 10 rows of the aircraft to ourselves!
AnaTFN likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.