Community
Wiki Posts
Search

The ultimate thread on buy-ups at OLCI

Search this Thread

Old Jan 13, 2019, 2:53 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by EvD86
I'm not sure, but isn't the 737-900 always flying in a fixed config of eight rows J?
No, they can and do move the curtain. Being a -900, they also have to play around with those tables they place in the middle seats. Perhaps that makes them reluctant to move the divider unless it is absolutely necessary.

Johan
Old Jan 13, 2019, 4:38 pm

Programs: Flying Blue Platinum; Marriott Bonvoy Platinum; Hilton Gold
Perhaps the flight is low on load in Y as well?
Old Jan 14, 2019, 10:39 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by Sjondorn
Perhaps the flight is low on load in Y as well?
Indeed.

AMS-CPH-AMS flights are usually packed to the rafters, but today there were plenty of free middle seats.

Flight went out with five pax in eight rows of J, of which only the first two had those tables in the middle seats. The J pax were served by an FA who also made all the announcements and did the tax free trolley run. The purser never left the front galley for the duration of the flight. They might as well have left her behind in CPH, nobody would have noticed.

Johan
Xizm likes this.
Old Jan 14, 2019, 12:25 pm
Original Poster

Programs: KL Gold, SQ KF Gold, CX Green
Originally Posted by johan rebel
I believe that's corrrect.

I have a large number of colleagues who all regularly fly a specific longhaul route. I've never seen an OLCI upgrade offer for group bookings, only when they are booked singly.

Johan
We had a Y to C upgrade offer for a group of four (one booking) AMS to EZE in November last year.
Beuse242 likes this.
Old Jan 15, 2019, 7:44 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by Sjoerd
We had a Y to C upgrade offer for a group of four (one booking) AMS to EZE in November last year.
Speaking of the devil! Just got an offer for a group of five a few minutes ago:

AMS-MNL €499.-- Ten seats available.

Johan
Old Jan 16, 2019, 11:14 pm
Moderator: Flying Blue (Air France & KLM)

Programs: Flying Blue (AF/KL)
Ams - lhr eur 69

Which is eur 10 euros cheaper than I normally get offered. Still have not taken the offer
Old Jan 17, 2019, 4:17 pm

IAD-AMS USD $628.07 (main cabin to business) 3 seats left

AMS-CPT USD $404.47 (EC to business- had already paid $180 for EC) - took it b/c of the length of the flight, but feel like I overpaid?

Booked via delta.com, OLCI via klm.com (delta ff#- no status- V fare class)

Last edited by junebug; Jan 18, 2019 at 1:25 am Reason: added fare class
Old Jan 18, 2019, 2:40 am

Programs: Flying Blue Platinum | Flying Blue Petroleum | Hilton Gold | Marriott Gold | Shangri-La Jade
Originally Posted by junebug
IAD-AMS USD $628.07 (main cabin to business) 3 seats left

AMS-CPT USD $404.47 (EC to business- had already paid $180 for EC) - took it b/c of the length of the flight, but feel like I overpaid?

Booked via delta.com, OLCI via klm.com (delta ff#- no status- V fare class)
Sounds like a perfectly good deal, depending on what you've paid for your original Y ticket.
Old Jan 20, 2019, 6:56 am

Programs: KL Platinum
€49 from AMS to BRS tomorrow. Configured for one row of C only, all four seats available. This is usually the going rate.
Old Jan 21, 2019, 1:55 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

AMS-CPH €69.-- or 17,300 miles.

Three rows, 8/12 available.

Johan
Old Jan 21, 2019, 6:41 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: FB Platinum, M&M FTL, BA Blue
While doing OLCI yesterday for today's DUS-AMS-GVA it seems I was offered (not sure what really constitutes an offer) €49 for DUS-AMS. Didn't even consider it, wouldn't even for €9 on that route.

For AMS-GVA there was no "offer" but the business class seats were fully clickable and revealed the price of €99. Didn't touch it, of course, but I was wondering if you selected an upgrade in this manner would you get the extra XPs? Or are all upgrades during check in excluded from extra XPs?
Old Jan 21, 2019, 7:33 am

Programs: FB Silver, Hilton Diamond
You will always receive the XPs for the original booking class.
Old Jan 21, 2019, 3:37 pm

AMS-IAD $567.25 (V fare)

Last edited by junebug; Jan 21, 2019 at 6:49 pm Reason: added fare class
Old Jan 22, 2019, 6:01 am

Programs: FB Platinum
You will not get any additional XP's, you will receive miles for the purchase amount. I can't see any consistency when they flash the "promotion" screen, and when the seats are just bookable without any mention of BC seats being available.
Old Jan 22, 2019, 8:41 am

Originally Posted by johan rebel
No doubt much to the chagrin of the cabin crew, who now have to leave their poor relatives, friends, neighbors etc. to suffer in Y class whilst WBC seats are sold for a pittance to dastardly customers who pay the FAs salaries.

Johan
KLM are very strict with their staff policy on business class seating and boarding. There is now a very open system that shows all staff where they are in the pecking order for boarding and IF there are unsold business class seats at check in AND they eligible for such a privilege where they are for that. Normal KLM staff only get the change of business class after twenty years of service. new policies now mean that the staff travel facility is withdrawn if you leave before your normal retirement age. BA and others have similarly become quite strict on who gets to sit where. On confirmed seats no matter what service there is no business class possibility.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.