Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > JetBlue | TrueBlue
Reload this Page >

Sample sale - What was jetblue thinking?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Sample sale - What was jetblue thinking?

Search this Thread

Old Sep 30, 2009, 10:38 am

Programs: JetBlue TrueBlue, AAdvantage, Rapid Rewards, Sky Miles, SPG, Marriott Rewards, HHonors, Hertz
Interesting topic. As a not-so-religious, but still attend temple and fast on Yom Kippur Jew, I would have to give JetBlue some slack. The holiday officially ends at sundown; the sale ends at midnight (mountain time) I believe. Technically, religiously observant Jews can access their email with time to book after the holiday. However, there may have been fewer seats available.
Old Sep 30, 2009, 7:52 pm

Talking This is an Airline, Not a regilous institution!

Remember El Al's massive financial losses due to restrictions about flying on the Sabbath? An entire nation almost lost it's flag carrier. First of all, JetBlue is a US carrier. In the United States, I believe there is something called separation of Church and State. JetBlue offers its flights to all passengers regardless of religious beliefs....if it didn't, it would only sell seats to Mormons and I would be able to fly since I'm not a member of The Church of Latter Day Saints. THIS ENTIRE DISCUSSION IS UNMERITED! If I had a dial-up connection and wasn't able to get a reliable connection on Yom Kippur (or any other date of a sale), should I resort to the stupidity of screaming that JetBlue is discriminating against people without high-speed connections? There are far more important issues than the fact that you missed a flight sale!!!
Old Sep 30, 2009, 8:09 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Originally Posted by canadianblue
I believe there is something called separation of Church and State.
Yes, and that applies to the government, not private organizations.

Welcome to FlyerTalk.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.