Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > JetBlue | TrueBlue
Reload this Page >

Is the TWA terminal at JFK in front of the Jet Blue terminal open?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Sep 14, 2009, 3:29 pm
Suspended
Original Poster

I was just at JFK at Terminal 4 but the taxi line was very long. I walked to the next terminal, Jet Blue, and found the line much shorter. There I saw the TWA terminal nearby and the lights seemingly off.

Can one enter the TWA terminal? Oh how I miss it. I remember the crowded check in and cramped meeting point. But after the check-in, there was a fair amount of space. I also liked the round tiled floor.

Is it open to the public?
Old Sep 14, 2009, 4:16 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Sadly it is still closed to the public. They never did figure out what they are going to do with it now that the new T5 build-out was completed.
Old Sep 14, 2009, 5:01 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by sbm12
Sadly it is still closed to the public. They never did figure out what they are going to do with it now that the new T5 build-out was completed.
I haven't followed it too closely, but the plan for the T5 build-out didn't specify how the existing terminal was to be incorporated into the final thing?
Old Sep 14, 2009, 5:19 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Originally Posted by nerd
I haven't followed it too closely, but the plan for the T5 build-out didn't specify how the existing terminal was to be incorporated into the final thing?
Correct.
Old Sep 15, 2009, 6:49 am

Programs: AA Plat - (1MM)
Work is currently being done inside the terminal --- lots of asbestos abatement. By the end of the year the Port Autority will announce the plans for the Terminal. They are in the process of narrowing down a few concepts.
Old Sep 15, 2009, 5:56 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: Under the Liberty Visual to 27L at PHL. Stranger in a strange land - a Devils fan in Flyers country.
Programs: PWP Le Chancelier des Clefs d'Or || Sarcasm, Anti-Stupidity, Obscure References top tier member.
Originally Posted by kennedytower
Work is currently being done inside the terminal --- lots of asbestos abatement. By the end of the year the Port Autority will announce the plans for the Terminal. They are in the process of narrowing down a few concepts.
I remember hearing that PANYNJ wasn't interested in the TWA Flight Center unless they could make money on whatever was in it. Expect to pay for something when the building reopens.
Old Oct 1, 2009, 9:14 am

Originally Posted by nerd
Early on in the T5 planning process, JetBlue and PANYNJ had csondiered various ideas for having some check-in facilities in the old TWA building, along with shops and maybe a restaurant. There were a lot of practical problems that led JetBlue to drop the idea, and PANYNJ has moved with its usual lack of speed on getting anything else in place.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.