Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > JetBlue | TrueBlue
Reload this Page >

JetBlue Workers Accused Of Identity Theft

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

JetBlue Workers Accused Of Identity Theft

Search this Thread

Old May 4, 2007, 11:43 am
Suspended

Originally Posted by magiciansampras

... might not apply here. IMHO background checks of the folks that work for them *is* in mgmt's control. YMMV.
Not what so ever, maybe if they asked a Homeless person to do the check, otherwise if they use a bonifide company/agency its not Mgmt fault. It would be if they continue to use said company in the future knowing how badlty they messed up this time.

If an Auditing Firm doesnt find irregularities that should have with the In House acct dept, how is a CEO to know. Yes there is a system of checks and balances in place but thats not 100% Fool Proff. If the Audit Firm has a rep to mess up and they still retained them , thats 1 thing,(I think its the Board Of Directors who offically are the ones that Hire the Auditors and are the ones that can only fire them, but thats not important for now).

But clearly if JB outsourced the backround checks etc, and to a firm that is well known and in good standing, then they arent responsible for hiring someone that got a clean bill of health! If they themselves handled it , I will AGREE with You, that they BLEW it!

You will simply have to wait another day till you can find something that will indeed stand up on its own 2 legs, and Im positive that day will come, unfortunately. But this case is just Not 1 of them.
Old May 4, 2007, 12:58 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: UA 1K, IC RA
Originally Posted by craz

You will simply have to wait another day till you can find something that will indeed stand up on its own 2 legs, and Im positive that day will come, unfortunately. But this case is just Not 1 of them.
I would appreciate it if you could stay on topic in the future. This thread isn't about me; it is about B6 and their mgmt issues. Thanks.
Old May 4, 2007, 1:10 pm

Not what so ever, maybe if they asked a Homeless person to do the check, otherwise if they use a bonifide company/agency its not Mgmt fault. It would be if they continue to use said company in the future knowing how badlty they messed up this time.

If an Auditing Firm doesnt find irregularities that should have with the In House acct dept, how is a CEO to know. Yes there is a system of checks and balances in place but thats not 100% Fool Proff. If the Audit Firm has a rep to mess up and they still retained them , thats 1 thing,(I think its the Board Of Directors who offically are the ones that Hire the Auditors and are the ones that can only fire them, but thats not important for now).

But clearly if JB outsourced the backround checks etc, and to a firm that is well known and in good standing, then they arent responsible for hiring someone that got a clean bill of health! If they themselves handled it , I will AGREE with You, that they BLEW it!
I'm sorry, but I don't share your propensity for diffusing responsibility, particularly in this case. If Ford sells a car that has bad brakes because they outsourced them to some low-rent firm, it is still Ford's fault, my friend. The buck has to stop somewhere, and it stops at mgmt. We're going to have to agree to disagree on this one, I'm afraid.
Old May 4, 2007, 1:18 pm

I would appreciate it if you could stay on topic in the future. This thread isn't about me; it is about B6 and their mgmt issues. Thanks.

MS, all companies have mgmt issues. Just look at your glarious United. Glenn Tilton legally robbed the company of $39 m and for what, a first quarter lose of $152 m. Tilton cares only about the money he can make when he successfully sells or mergers United. As for B6, yes we have our own share of mgmt idiots and at the end of the day you or I cannot do anything about it. As we move on as a company we will unfortunately continue to hire some lowlife hoods because no matter what defences you put up these creeps will inevitably find a loop hole. I wish the moderator would close this thread because it has truely been beaten to death. Jetblue screwed up hiring these thiefs, they helped the proper authorities arrest them and hopefully they will help convict them, end of story. Please move on to your next bash Jetblue fest. Be warned I'll be there ready to defend, if need be, with some actual facts.
Old May 4, 2007, 1:24 pm
Suspended

Exactly
and to hold their feet to the fire when and only when they indeed deserve that to be the case.

So my question to You who say its JB mgmts fault, Do You know for a Fact if JB handles the backround checking in house or not? Is it a responsible firm if its outsourced that was doing it? Till one knows the answers to these its Not proper to hold mgmt responsible, nor to go on a Bashing crusade , simply in order to Bash.

you for whatever reason feel its OK to Bash no matter what, and then when the dust settles to see what is what. you have Bashed JB at times and were 1000% correct in doing so,at least in my mind. But Im sure if we went throughout the all the threads on this forum that the % where you were correct would not fall in your favor.

OT, The Duke Lacorse members being accused of raping that Black Dancer at the party, or Tewana Blawey and the Cop. People went into the streets held demos etc and in the end in those 2 cases the facts were completely different. Yet it was very easy to have Yelled and Played the Race card as so many did, and in the end were Wrong. My Pt is relax dont jump down JBs throat at the 1st instance that You read something, and Im sure you are a smart person with a good head on your shoulders, I really dont think You will say a whole Police force is no good simply cause 1 cop did something that was Illegal, nor would you hold the Mayor reasonable although maybe under certain circumstances he/she would be or the Chief of Police.

You want to HATE JB go right ahead, You never want to fly on them, thats your decission is it right or wrong thats up to You. But when you want to accuse them of mismgmt or worse please have the facts, before going on your Crusade. You feel youd rather fly on CO with 31" pitch then JBs and do so and say its far better then JBs seats, most people might disagree with you but if You are in fact more comfortable and happier on CO,AA,NW then JB then for You its a Fact and dont fly on JB. If youd rather gamble on getting an upgrade on XX and dont want to fly JB dont. I dont really care if You never fly JB or if You fly them twice a day. But when you BASH them for BASHING sake thats something else.
Old May 4, 2007, 1:27 pm

Originally Posted by dietcoke
MS, all companies have mgmt issues. Just look at your glarious United. Glenn Tilton legally robbed the company of $39 m and for what, a first quarter lose of $152 m. Tilton cares only about the money he can make when he successfully sells or mergers United. As for B6, yes we have our own share of mgmt idiots and at the end of the day you or I cannot do anything about it. As we move on as a company we will unfortunately continue to hire some lowlife hoods because no matter what defences you put up these creeps will inevitably find a loop hole.
First of all, this topic isn't about United. If you want to venture over to the UA forum, you're more than welcome. There are plenty of threads criticizing Tilton and management, so you'll find a good home there.

Second, I would agree with you that this *wasn't* about management when we thought it was just some creeps taking it upon themselves to commit illegal activity. But when it came to light that at least one of these creeps had been fired for theft from another airline, I have to put that in management's court. Sorry if I'd prefer my airline doesn't hire folks with previous theft issues.

Originally Posted by dietcoke
I wish the moderator would close this thread because it has truely been beaten to death. Jetblue screwed up hiring these thiefs, they helped the proper authorities arrest them and hopefully they will help convict them, end of story. Please move on to your next bash Jetblue fest. Be warned I'll be there ready to defend, if need be, with some actual facts.
I just wish folks would stop talking about the poster and more about the issues. It is utterly irrelevant to this discussion whether or not I'm the one making these points or someone new to FT is making them.

You seem to be implying that if one had has bad experiences with B6 than their opinions count less. Is that the an official B6 policy?
Old May 4, 2007, 1:28 pm

So my question to You who say its JB mgmts fault, Do You know for a Fact if JB handles the backround checking in house or not?
Irrelevant.

[snipped all kinds of personal and ad hominem attacks]
Old May 4, 2007, 1:31 pm
Suspended

I'm sorry, but I don't share your propensity for diffusing responsibility, particularly in this case. If Ford sells a car that has bad brakes because they outsourced them to some low-rent firm, it is still Ford's fault, my friend. The buck has to stop somewhere, and it stops at mgmt. We're going to have to agree to disagree on this one, I'm afraid.
actually a lawyer will sue Fordand the maker of the brakes. Then if it was an outsorce Ford also will sue the firm that made them. True most people will blame Ford and only remember that Ford sold a car with faulty brakes, but if Ford didnt manufacture them and did proper testing before having installed them, I wouldnt blame Ford, unless they indeed kne wthere was a problem with them to begin with.

If Ford made them in house it would be different as to fault, but mgmt still might have performed all the proper and correct tests, and only after certain curcumstances will the defect come into play, then no I wouldnt say Ford mgmt was to blame.
Old May 4, 2007, 1:34 pm
Suspended

Irrelevant.

[snipped all kinds of personal and ad hominem attacks]
No Personal attack/s were meant at ALL.

Its only Irrelevant if a person wants to BASH for BASHING sake
Old May 4, 2007, 1:34 pm

actually a lawyer will sue Fordand the maker of the brakes. Then if it was an outsorce Ford also will sue the firm that made them. True most people will blame Ford and only remember that Ford sold a car with faulty brakes, but if Ford didnt manufacture them and did proper testing before having installed them, I wouldnt blame Ford, unless they indeed kne wthere was a problem with them to begin with.

If Ford made them in house it would be different as to fault, but mgmt still might have performed all the proper and correct tests, and only after certain curcumstances will the defect come into play, then no I wouldnt say Ford mgmt was to blame.
(emphasis added)

It is Ford's responsibility to know when there are problems.

Why stop with the outsourcing? The CEO of B6 should just say that he didn't personally take anyone's credit card numbers, so it is all good!

In fact, this is a good idea you have. All corporations should set themselves up so that all employees are actually "outsourced" - they don't work for B6 but they work for another company called "B6 Outsourcing." That way B6 can shed all responsibility! You might be on to something here, craz.
Old May 4, 2007, 1:36 pm

Its only Irrelevant if a person wants to BASH for BASHING sake
No, it is irrelevant because at the end of the day these were B6 employees defrauding B6 customers. B6 has to accept some (not all, but definitely some) of the responsibility here. For sure.
Old May 4, 2007, 1:41 pm
Suspended

I just wish folks would stop talking about the poster and more about the issues. It is utterly irrelevant to this discussion whether or not I'm the one making these points or someone new to FT is making them.

On this you are Correct, I have no problem if its a persons 1st post or 10,000th

You seem to be implying that if one had has bad experiences with B6 than their opinions count less. Is that the an official B6 policy?
No if anything its important if a person has had a run in with ANY Carrier to post about it. But that would have to do with the issue/s that was the problem at hand that time. If I had a problem with JB on a flight or trying to book a flight a yr ago, then BASHING them for what occured would Indeed be OK, but BASHING them day in and day out for anything not directly related to what took place is something else, just as it wouldnt be correct to continue to constantly bring up what happened every day either.IMHO
Old May 4, 2007, 1:43 pm
Suspended

(emphasis added)

It is Ford's responsibility to know when there are problems.

Why stop with the outsourcing? The CEO of B6 should just say that he didn't personally take anyone's credit card numbers, so it is all good!

In fact, this is a good idea you have. All corporations should set themselves up so that all employees are actually "outsourced" - they don't work for B6 but they work for another company called "B6 Outsourcing." That way B6 can shed all responsibility! You might be on to something here, craz.
Its nothing New and there are companies already doing so
Old May 4, 2007, 1:54 pm
Suspended

No, it is irrelevant because at the end of the day these were B6 employees defrauding B6 customers. B6 has to accept some (not all, but definitely some) of the responsibility here. For sure.

I believe David said as much already. thats why when things go wrong a Carrier might throw you a bone. say an FA has some attitude on your flight and its getting heated, of cause their so called ACE in the hole is, "You are interferring with an FA if you dont stop you will be arrested upon landing or be forced to pay if we divert to another airport". Yep its been said to me I didnt hold AA or CO mgmt responsible. When I had an FA that said things to me that basically were Anti-Semitic I didnt say TWA was, nor did I hold TWA responsible for hiring her. I did report her and asked that she NOT be allowed to fly the TLV routing hence forth, from the mgrs I knew and due to my reporting her as well as a couple of fellow FAs who heard her,she was taken to task and not allowed to fly the TLV routing, TWA was in the motions of getting rid of her completely but they went down 1st.

so No I dont hold mgmt accountable for every last thing even if someone is wearing the Companies Uniform. HOWEVER, I would hold them RESPONSIBLE if after the fact they did Nothing to prevent the same from reoccurring
Old May 4, 2007, 1:56 pm

I believe David said as much already. thats why when things go wrong a Carrier might throw you a bone. say an FA has some attitude on your flight and its getting heated, of cause their so called ACE in the hole is, "You are interferring with an FA if you dont stop you will be arrested upon landing or be forced to pay if we divert to another airport". Yep its been said to me I didnt hold AA or CO mgmt responsible. When I had an FA that said things to me that basically were Anti-Semitic I didnt say TWA was, nor did I hold TWA responsible for hiring her. I did report her and asked that she NOT be allowed to fly the TLV routing hence forth, from the mgrs I knew and due to my reporting her as well as a couple of fellow FAs who heard her,she was taken to task and not allowed to fly the TLV routing, TWA was in the motions of getting rid of her completely but they went down 1st.

so No I dont hold mgmt accountable for every last thing even if someone is wearing the Companies Uniform. HOWEVER, I would hold them RESPONSIBLE if after the fact they did Nothing to prevent the same from reoccurring
So you agree with me that B6 owns some of the responsibility here, yes?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.