Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > JetBlue | TrueBlue
Reload this Page >

JetBlue Workers Accused Of Identity Theft

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

JetBlue Workers Accused Of Identity Theft

Search this Thread

Old May 3, 2007, 8:44 am
Suspended

Originally Posted by magiciansampras
Because that's not the way the world works and you know it? @:-)
this forum seems to works as such: (the names were removed below upon being asked to by a MOD who said 1 of the 2 took offense to my posting, didnt name the party, but not hard to guess)

JB cant do anything right, very rare to read where this person has anything of Real value to say about JB any time throughout the Forum

JB cant do anything wrong, this person does at times post where JB slips up but is slightly biased to their Employer

Well as the world works JB does in Fact do both:things Right and things Wrong. and to jump in when only either happens doesnt amount to much.

I would never blame mgmt for something that is out of their control, unless they actually did Sanction it. MS I dont believe that even You would say that JB sanctioned what their employees did.

When JB messes up and they have and will again as all companies do, I will stand arm in arm with You. But when you are simply looking for any excuse to Bash for Bashing sake then you wont find me any where near to where you are standing. Just as I wont be standing next to '--------' when hes singing JB praises no matter what the incident.

Last edited by craz; May 3, 2007 at 11:00 am
Old May 3, 2007, 9:26 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL SM Plat, B6 TrueBlue, UA MP, AAdvantage
Originally Posted by craz
this forum seems to works as such:

Magiciansampras; JB cant do anything right

dietcoke: JB cant do anything wrong

Well as the world works JB does in Fact do both:things Right and things Wrong. and to jump in when only either happens doesnt amount to much.

I would never blame mgmt for something that is out of their control, unless they actually did Sanction it. MS I dont believe that even You would say that JB sanctioned what their employees did.

When JB messes up and they have and will again as all companies do, I will stand arm in arm with You. But when you are simply looking for any excuse to Bash for Bashing sake then you wont find me any where near to where you are standing. Just as I wont be standing next to 'dietcoke' when hes singing JB praises no matter what the incident.
Craz: Thank you for being the voice of reason.
Old May 3, 2007, 10:54 am

Programs: OnePass, AAdvantage, TrueBlue, HHonors
Everyone is entitled to their opion and thoughts. We can do this without personal attackes regarless of who's right, wrong, and the voice of reason. PMs have been sent to all invovled parties.
Old May 3, 2007, 12:42 pm

Originally Posted by Seat13c
Everyone is entitled to their opion and thoughts. We can do this without personal attackes regarless of who's right, wrong, and the voice of reason. PMs have been sent to all invovled parties.
Hey everyone, believe it or not but I managed to stay out of the penalty box on this one and I even contributed. On a side note to all those interested, I just watched the LGB and OAK video pocket sessions (employee meetings hosted by David and Dave and other upper management types) and there is some very exciting growth coming our way. These sessions are an excellent way to ask face to face hard hitting questions of our leadership. Imagine a company with a genuine human side to it.
Old May 3, 2007, 12:58 pm

Originally Posted by BeantownDisneyFan
I'm a fan of jetBlue, and I admire many of jetBlue's unique qualities and strengths, but I must admit that my confidence in jetBlue has diminished over the past six months. I must also admit that I am paying more attention to details in my travels on jetBlue then I had in the past, and I can't help but notice numerous signs of a very weak infrastructure. It seems that David's Dream was OK when jetBlue was a fraction of its current size. When I reflect on jetBlue's beginnings, I am reminded of Midway Airlines when it was at it height, and operating a Raleigh-Durham hub. Midway did a very good job operationally (but not financially) as a one hub airline with a manageable number of spokes. jetBlue did a good job when it was of similar size to Midway Airlines at its height. It seems that jetBlue's infrastructure has never caught up to its growth of personnel, stations, and flight operations. I'd be curious to know how large jetBlue's internal security department is, and the credentials of and sophistication of their staff.
I cannot for obvious reasons publish the names and profiles off our internal sercurity department but I must say that they are probably on par with many other large companies. As I mentioned in a previous post most of the major players have extensive backgrounds in the FBI, NYPD and NY state police. I also think that your concerns about our infrastructure are very valid. On the ground as a frontline employee I am beginning to see many positive changes internally and I personally am confident that things are improving all the time. Give it some more time and see if your concerns get addressed adequately as you travel on our airline. If anything be thankful that we don't contract out to questionable carriers like Mesa, Republic or Pinnacle for feed.
Old May 3, 2007, 1:38 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by dietcoke
Hey everyone, believe it or not but I managed to stay out of the penalty box on this one and I even contributed. On a side note to all those interested, I just watched the LGB and OAK video pocket sessions (employee meetings hosted by David and Dave and other upper management types) and there is some very exciting growth coming our way. These sessions are an excellent way to ask face to face hard hitting questions of our leadership. Imagine a company with a genuine human side to it.
Exciting growth? As in growth in earnings? Profits, perhaps?

Or more exciting growth in operations?

Would sure be nice if as much attention had been paid to the former and a little less gas applied to the latter by management.
Old May 3, 2007, 2:03 pm

Originally Posted by FWAAA
Exciting growth? As in growth in earnings? Profits, perhaps?

Or more exciting growth in operations?

Would sure be nice if as much attention had been paid to the former and a little less gas applied to the latter by management.
Growth will be in operations which hopefully will drive profits in better yield markets.
Old May 3, 2007, 2:49 pm
Suspended

Growth will be in operations which hopefully will drive profits in better yield markets.
dc You were missed (no kidding) 4 hrs between posts thought before the last couple they sent you on a transcon to keep you off of FT, now I see it was just 4 hrs , so maybe down to FLL and back.

Now if JB would only put Internet besides Live TV on the planes You will be able to be in better contact with Us., as well as the other JB employees who post on FT.

The most profitable markets these days seems to be Intl ones, and not to Leisure ones as JB does. But that will require a 3rd type of a/c and I dont think JB wants to go down that path, after all WN doesnt fly INTL and has been doing Great profit wise over the yrs, so hopefully JB will do likewise. then again with the Majors basically adding Intl flights they are taking their a/c off of Dom routes so that should hopefully open up some nice opportunities for JB to move in, with lower costs they hopefully will pull in some nice profits

Last edited by nsx; May 3, 2007 at 3:49 pm
Old May 3, 2007, 3:31 pm

dc You were missed (no kidding) 4 hrs between posts thought before the last couple they sent you on a transcon to keep you off of FT, now I see it was just 4 hrs , so maybe down to FLL and back.

Now if JB would only put Internet besides Live TV on the planes You will be able to be in better contact with Us., as well as the other JB employees who post on FT.

The most profitable markets these days seems to be Intl ones, and not to Leisure ones as JB does. But that will require a 3rd type of a/c and I dont think JB wants to go down that path, after all WN doesnt fly INTL and has been doing Great profit wise over the yrs, so hopefully JB will do likewise. then again with the Majors basically adding Intl flights they are taking their a/c off of Dom routes so that should hopefully open up some nice opportunities for JB to move in, with lower costs they hopefully will pull in some nice profits
I personally think that JetBlue will eventually add a larger aircraft in time. If we are not bought up by a legacy carrier then I think that it is inevitable that a LCC like JetBlue will be flying internationally in time. Given that JFK is the gateway to America on the east coast and that JB has the potential to self feed international flights then I think that we will eventually go international as that is where the profits are at the moment. Many people fail to recognise that Ireland's Ryanair recently attempted an unsuccessful hostile takeover of Aer Lingus. Had Ryanair succeeded in its takeover than they would have had immediate access to the North American market from their European powerbase. The international landscape will undoubtedly be changed by open skies and I predict that within 5 years JB will be using A330's or A350's to do its own low cost European flying.
Old May 3, 2007, 3:46 pm
Suspended

I personally think that JetBlue will eventually add a larger aircraft in time. If we are not bought up by a legacy carrier then I think that it is inevitable that a LCC like JetBlue will be flying internationally in time. Given that JFK is the gateway to America on the east coast and that JB has the potential to self feed international flights then I think that we will eventually go international as that is where the profits are at the moment. Many people fail to recognise that Ireland's Ryanair recently attempted an unsuccessful hostile takeover of Aer Lingus. Had Ryanair succeeded in its takeover than they would have had immediate access to the North American market from their European powerbase. The international landscape will undoubtedly be changed by open skies and I predict that within 5 years JB will be using A330's or A350's to do its own low cost European flying.
Well if AirBus goes ahead with the A-350 and with more and more Carriers opting for the 787 instead, those Intl flights might come sooner then even You think they will. As AB will probably be knocking down JBs door to order them with such a SweetHeart of a deal , real Intl flights might not be so far off after all.

I can tell You this if JB does do it and the a/c can reach TLV as a non-stop, JB will have no problem filling up a few flights a day, Im sure it wont be 36" but it will be aheck of alot better then anyone else has in the Air today, and as you said with the Present routes in place JB will have Excellent feeding into them, thats besides a Cargo Op 2nd to none, big Biz with TLV in both directions. Only I guess everyone will have to do w/o Direct TV, so maybe my idea (joke in the other post) about Internet might not be bad after all.
Old May 4, 2007, 2:47 am
ISP

I cannot for obvious reasons publish the names and profiles off our internal sercurity department but I must say that they are probably on par with many other large companies. As I mentioned in a previous post most of the major players have extensive backgrounds in the FBI, NYPD and NY state police. I also think that your concerns about our infrastructure are very valid. On the ground as a frontline employee I am beginning to see many positive changes internally and I personally am confident that things are improving all the time. Give it some more time and see if your concerns get addressed adequately as you travel on our airline. If anything be thankful that we don't contract out to questionable carriers like Mesa, Republic or Pinnacle for feed.
The JetBlue EVP for security spent years with the FBI. Their top Corporate Security directors spent years with the legacies, including Pan Am and US Airways.

Most of their "frontline" corporate security crewmembers at JFK are former NYPD.

As far as the crewmembers themselves...

One of them was fired from America West at JFK 4 years ago for theft as well. Who knows why this was never communicated to JetBlue.

Another one was a JetBlue employee for 5 years, and was just recently caught up in this behavior by getting involved romantically with another one of the arrested. Can you really blame JetBlue management for that?
Old May 4, 2007, 10:15 am

Programs: Bonvoy (Titanium) . Delta (Platinum)
Originally Posted by ISP
The JetBlue EVP for security spent years with the FBI. Their top Corporate Security directors spent years with the legacies, including Pan Am and US Airways. Most of their "frontline" corporate security crewmembers at JFK are former NYPD.

As far as the crewmembers themselves...

One of them was fired from America West at JFK 4 years ago for theft as well. Who knows why this was never communicated to JetBlue.

...Can you really blame JetBlue management for that?

Um, yes. Its called running an effective background check. In this particular case, someone in management did drop the ball. This person shouldn't have been hired in the first place.
Old May 4, 2007, 11:11 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: UA 1K, IC RA
Originally Posted by ISP
Interesting.. now this seems to be a horse of a different color, eh?
Old May 4, 2007, 11:17 am
Suspended

Originally Posted by magiciansampras
Interesting.. now this seems to be a horse of a different color, eh?
I agree , and will allow JB to 'sue' the firm that indeed did the background checking for them, most companies handle these things via a 3rd party. I guess that what was you were trying to say, wasnt it?
Old May 4, 2007, 11:20 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: UA 1K, IC RA
I agree , and will allow JB to 'sue' the firm that indeed did the background checking for them, most companies handle these things via a 3rd party. I guess that what was you were trying to say, wasnt it?
I'm just point out that:

I would never blame mgmt for something that is out of their control,
... might not apply here. IMHO background checks of the folks that work for them *is* in mgmt's control. YMMV.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.