Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Destination Rumors

Search this Thread

Old Sep 20, 2006, 2:57 pm

If B6 did start ORD-JFK service, they would be the only one operating that route. (Delta did have an RJ on the route, but it doesn't seem to be running anymore.) This could actually help other carriers by providing better connectivity to international flights at JFK... I'd also be curious to see a competitive response. Would AA start ORD-JFK flights? Would UA cut prices on ORD-LGA flights? Or would they just ignore it?
Old Sep 20, 2006, 3:16 pm

Programs: jetBlue TrueBlue, Marriott Rewards, Hilton Honors Diamond
AA runs ORD-JFK service, well AE runs it with a jungle jet, i've flown it a couple of times.
Old Sep 22, 2006, 7:33 am

Originally Posted by L Dude 7
If B6 did start ORD-JFK service, they would be the only one operating that route. (Delta did have an RJ on the route, but it doesn't seem to be running anymore.) This could actually help other carriers by providing better connectivity to international flights at JFK... I'd also be curious to see a competitive response. Would AA start ORD-JFK flights? Would UA cut prices on ORD-LGA flights? Or would they just ignore it?
Nope, DL 5465 (ORD-JFK) and DL 5469 (JFK-ORD) operated by OH still operate daily.
And yes, it absolutely will help pax flying int'l at JFK...if they don't mind flying domestically on an airline that won't even transfer their bags to their connecting airline.
Old Sep 22, 2006, 8:07 am

Programs: AAdvantage, United MileagePlus, TrueBlue, Alaska Airlines Mileage Plan (starting 2016)
Originally Posted by DL4EVR
Nope, DL 5465 (ORD-JFK) and DL 5469 (JFK-ORD) operated by OH still operate daily.
And yes, it absolutely will help pax flying int'l at JFK...if they don't mind flying domestically on an airline that won't even transfer their bags to their connecting airline.
I think i would rather fly BOS-JFK on jet blue, claim my luggage and then check the luggage again (with an international carrier such as Thai, Korean Air, JAL, etc.) rather than trust DL or AA to transfer my luggage. Of course if i were to fly on Skyteam or Oneworld airlines, it would be a different story. For example, I looked into going to Phuket Island in Thailand which would (via orbitz) involve BOS-JFK (on delta) and then JFK-BKK-HKT on Thai (a star alliance partner). I'd rather take Jet Blue with a 3-4 hour window to make the JFK-BKK flight.
Old Sep 23, 2006, 10:55 pm

Programs: jetBlue TrueBlue, Marriott Rewards, Hilton Honors Diamond
Exclamation

Ok, here are the latest things being discussed in MCO right now (FO that just came from recurrent stated)

1)STL and ORD are 2 cities that we can expect fairly soon. STL may become a midwest focus city. STL was suppose to be announced some time ago, but something happend, what I don't know.

2)No winglets for the 320s. Airbus renigged on the upgrades. Not sure why the deal fell through but I will try to find out more.

3)Because of the winglet deal falling through, the company is concerend about transcon winter flying. There is talk that several of our options for 320s may be converted into 319s. 319s can easly do the transcon flights in the winter, not to mention fill a nice void in our seats.

Again these are just rumors that where discussed in MCO during a recurrent class and in no way constitute the company's position.
Old Sep 24, 2006, 2:22 am
Original Poster

Programs: JetBlue TrueBlue, AAdvantage, Rapid Rewards, Sky Miles, SPG, Marriott Rewards, HHonors, Hertz
Wow, jetBlueFA...thanks for that rumor news!!! Very, very interesting stuff to say the least. Keeping in mind it is not official but very interesting stuff. The A319 would be a great idea - but from a MX and pilot standpoint - would it be a different type than the A320 or is the fleet commonality very similar that it won't matter?
Old Sep 24, 2006, 6:15 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL SM Plat, B6 TrueBlue, UA MP, AAdvantage
Originally Posted by jetBlueNYFL
Wow, jetBlueFA...thanks for that rumor news!!! Very, very interesting stuff to say the least. Keeping in mind it is not official but very interesting stuff. The A319 would be a great idea - but from a MX and pilot standpoint - would it be a different type than the A320 or is the fleet commonality very similar that it won't matter?
Type rating for A-318, A-319, A-320 and A-321 all the same, so should be fine from pilots' point of view.

They're really all the same a/c and are known collectively as the A-320 family. It's just a matter of the length of the fuselage, really.

If these were Boeing aircraft, they would be classified as 737-700, 737-800 and so forth (although the type rating for the 737-200 through 737-500 is different than the 737 NG types (-600 variant and above) because the earlier models do not have what is known as a glass cockpit (LCD screens vs. the traditional "steam gauge" displays)). All the A-320 family, though, have the same "fly by wire" glass cockpit.

The A-319 is the longest range of the A-320 family.
Old Sep 25, 2006, 9:30 am

Programs: OnePass, AAdvantage, TrueBlue, HHonors
Originally Posted by JetBlueFA
Ok, here are the latest things being discussed in MCO right now (FO that just came from recurrent stated)

1)STL and ORD are 2 cities that we can expect fairly soon. STL may become a midwest focus city. STL was suppose to be announced some time ago, but something happend, what I don't know.

2)No winglets for the 320s. Airbus renigged on the upgrades. Not sure why the deal fell through but I will try to find out more.

3)Because of the winglet deal falling through, the company is concerend about transcon winter flying. There is talk that several of our options for 320s may be converted into 319s. 319s can easly do the transcon flights in the winter, not to mention fill a nice void in our seats.

Again these are just rumors that where discussed in MCO during a recurrent class and in no way constitute the company's position.
Very interesting...Thank you.
Old Sep 26, 2006, 10:00 am
Suspended

the company is concerend about transcon winter flying.
They should be. I know a lot of people who had to make fuel stops on Jetblue transcons last winter. It definitely pisses off the customer.
Old Sep 26, 2006, 10:01 am
Suspended

Sorry, dupe.
Old Sep 27, 2006, 9:27 am

Programs: AA Plt; and B6
st. louis on all saints day

Heard last night from some B6 employees that the airline may announce St. Louis (as well as possibly some Carribean Saints) on all saints day.....Nov. 1
Old Sep 28, 2006, 12:15 pm

Programs: AAdvantage, United MileagePlus, TrueBlue, Alaska Airlines Mileage Plan (starting 2016)
Originally Posted by HardlyW8
Heard last night from some B6 employees that the airline may announce St. Louis (as well as possibly some Carribean Saints) on all saints day.....Nov. 1

BOS-SAN may be coming as well from what i have read on airliners.net

http://www.airliners.net/discussions....main/3009003/
Old Sep 28, 2006, 2:59 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Airbus is supposedly annoyed that B6 bounght the E190s instead of Airbus planes to fill that need.

Regarding the 319/320s, I was under the impression that the 319 has fewer seats but better range. How would that help in the "void" that you are apparently suffering?
Old Sep 28, 2006, 3:48 pm

Originally Posted by sbm12
Regarding the 319/320s, I was under the impression that the 319 has fewer seats but better range. How would that help in the "void" that you are apparently suffering?
If I may insert words into JetblueFA's mouth (forgive me if I'm wrong), I think the implication is that the A319 would fill a void in seat count, as the A320 seats 156 and the E190 seats 100. The A319, somewhere in between, would allow JetBlue to more closely tweak seat supply to demand.
Old Sep 28, 2006, 3:55 pm

Programs: Alaska Airlines Gold MVP
Originally Posted by sbm12
Airbus is supposedly annoyed that B6 bounght the E190s instead of Airbus planes to fill that need.

The A319 helps because the range allows JFK/BOS trans-cons to be done with no restrictions.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.