Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Destination Rumors

Search this Thread

Old May 25, 2006, 10:29 am

Programs: jetBlue TrueBlue, Marriott Rewards, Hilton Honors Diamond
Jumped the gun with STL. But I do know that STL should be announced very soon. Didn't listen the the thoughts on AUA being announced.
Old May 25, 2006, 12:49 pm

Programs: Jetblue
Originally Posted by JetBlueFA
Jumped the gun with STL. But I do know that STL should be announced very soon. Didn't listen the the thoughts on AUA being announced.
I like STL for a lot of reasons. I am surprised that we haven't heard anything lately on the 190's. They are still receiving a lot of them, but PWM, CLT, PIT, JAX, RDU are all 320 cities. What are they doing with the 190's right now?

Do you know if they are thinking of making it a midwest focus city for the 190's. This would allow they to connect the east and west with the 190's.
Old May 25, 2006, 10:37 pm

Programs: jetBlue TrueBlue, Marriott Rewards, Hilton Honors Diamond
We don't have enough 190s to go around right now. We are getting a very high utilization out of the aircraft that we have right now.
Old May 26, 2006, 6:31 am

Programs: HH Gold; AA AAdvantage Mbr; DL Skymiles Silver Medallion; World of Hyatt Mbr; NK Free Spirit Mbr
I've said it before, and I'll say it again..... Back when the 190's were announced, GSP was supposedly on a "short list" of possible new destinations. Then, about a year or so ago, there was a bit of buzz about B6 coming to GSP. But lately, the silence has been deafening....
Old May 26, 2006, 4:17 pm

Programs: Jetblue
Originally Posted by JetBlueFA
We don't have enough 190s to go around right now. We are getting a very high utilization out of the aircraft that we have right now.
Seriously? Do you know how many you have right now? I would guess 12.
Old May 27, 2006, 4:12 pm

Originally Posted by prhs1989
Seriously? Do you know how many you have right now? I would guess 12.
11 at March 31, and expecting about 5/qtr for the remainder of 2006, so probably 12 or 13 right now.

Besides JFK-BOS, they are in service to BDA, AUS, PIT, and soon CLT and RDU. Surprisingly, Portland, ME, was announced as a 320 route; must be a bigger market than I thought. No 190 destinations have been announced, to my knowledge, from LGB. Considering the slot limitations from that airport, could be that they plan to stay with the larger plane to keep pax numbers up on fewer flights.
Old May 27, 2006, 7:40 pm

Originally Posted by jetBlueNYFL
Again, these are RUMORS...anything is possible and nothing is official until (if and when) the actual announcement.

Also, please post any rumors you may have heard.

The source for these is from a crewmember I was speaking to.

1) New Caribbean Destinations possible: Aruba, St. Thomas, St. Croix

2) Connecting AUS to MCO

3) MCO a base by years end and a gateway to the Caribbean

4) This is something more well known: connecting AUS to San Jose, CA

5) AUS to BUR?

5) American Airlines is pulling out of Chicago Midway (hint, hint?)

Again, anything is possible as we have seen from the past. I, personally, would expect more east coast markets to be connected. Also, does anyone know whats going on with Cancun? I know jetBlue applied back in Nov./Dec. to start nonstop JFK-Cancun service...did they not get it YET because of the hurricanes or possibly Spirit?
Old May 27, 2006, 7:41 pm

Originally Posted by Paulo
11 at March 31, and expecting about 5/qtr for the remainder of 2006, so probably 12 or 13 right now.

Besides JFK-BOS, they are in service to BDA, AUS, PIT, and soon CLT and RDU. Surprisingly, Portland, ME, was announced as a 320 route; must be a bigger market than I thought. No 190 destinations have been announced, to my knowledge, from LGB. Considering the slot limitations from that airport, could be that they plan to stay with the larger plane to keep pax numbers up on fewer flights.

WE JUST APPLIED FOR AN APPLICATION TO FLY TO ARUBA STARTING SEPT. 15TH!!!!
NOTHING YET ON THE MCO BASE, MOST LIKELY END OF YEAR!
Old Jun 1, 2006, 8:37 pm

And connecting the dots, what do you guys think about FLL-RDU/CLT with an E-190?

PS: First post in the JetBlue Forum
Old Jun 6, 2006, 11:02 am

Programs: OnePass, AAdvantage, TrueBlue, HHonors
My family does a decent amount of flying between NYC (all three airports) and MSP, DFW, and PNS. Any thoughts on when B6 might show their face in these markets. Last I checked, no one went NYC to PNS (everything was through ALT, CLT, MEM, ORD, or IAH).
Old Jun 6, 2006, 11:06 am

Originally Posted by JCinNYC
And connecting the dots, what do you guys think about FLL-RDU/CLT with an E-190?

PS: First post in the JetBlue Forum

Short term, it is unlikely. You'll probably see BOS go to RDU/CLT before you see those two reach FLL. FLL might see either AUS or RIC.
Old Jun 6, 2006, 9:49 pm

Originally Posted by Seat13c
My family does a decent amount of flying between NYC (all three airports) and MSP, DFW, and PNS. Any thoughts on when B6 might show their face in these markets. Last I checked, no one went NYC to PNS (everything was through ALT, CLT, MEM, ORD, or IAH).
I don't think there is enough O&D for a PSN-NYC flight. I know DL had a CRJ flight JFK-PNS last year, which I flew (a connecting flight FLL-JFK!!!), and it was pretty empty. I guess that's why they discountinue the service. BTW, it was the least expensive fare ever, $100 rt.

Don't know if B6 will go for it though, as there are more connecting options thru JFK.
Old Jun 6, 2006, 10:16 pm

Programs: Marriott Silver, Hilton Silver, Hertz #1 Gold, Avis Preferred
C'mon B6, enter IAD-SEA....please!
Old Jun 7, 2006, 8:17 am

Is there any word about DFW or MSP?
Old Jun 25, 2006, 3:41 pm
Original Poster

Programs: JetBlue TrueBlue, AAdvantage, Rapid Rewards, Sky Miles, SPG, Marriott Rewards, HHonors, Hertz
I highly doubt DFW...as a matter of fact, I would eliminate Dallas right now just to avoid the whole Wright Ammendment mess. Spirit now serves DFW and WN is big at DAL. Maybe later on but not yet...I heard ORD (believe it or not over MDW) is coming soon.

MSP...I have not heard any rumors from jetBlue sources, but think it would be an EXCELLENT route for jetBlue to JFK.

On a.net, the current rumors are: TUS, SRQ, HOU. I don't think TUS will happen...

The most-rumored cities in general, which still have not come are SAV and STL.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.