Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > JetBlue | TrueBlue
Reload this Page >

Mosaic - Same Day Switch Tied to Basic Fare Availability?

Old May 16, 2024, 7:51 am
Original Poster

I recently did a JetBlue app chat to ask for a same day switch to a flight leaving roughly 75 minutes earlier than booked and was denied. I was flying on a blue basic fare and was told it was not possible as, "...it looks like the Blue Basic Fare you purchased is not available for that flight at this time." I was further told, "Because the fare is not available."

I was not aware that fare availability by level Blue Basic / Blue / Blue Extra was a requirement for a same day switch. Instead, I was under the impression that it was merely seat availability. Admittedly, this was my first time trying same day switch and it would not surprise me to find out either of an incorrect chat agent or surprise JetBlue rules based on prior experiences. Was my same day change request possible or was this incorrectly denied?

Thank you
Old May 16, 2024, 11:57 am

Programs: Marriott Titanium, Hilton Diamond, JetBlue Mosaic, United Silver
Did you try to SDFC online first? Was it also saying no availability for change? Did you confirm that if you tried to book a new ticket on the new flight, it was available?

I've run into some strange corner cases with SDFC: AA codeshares (back when that was a thing), award tickets, and co-terminals. But it sounds like your situation is pretty straightforward.
davedeboston likes this.
Old May 16, 2024, 12:23 pm
Original Poster

That's the thing, there was not an obvious option to same day change on the app. Perhaps I was missing something obvious. I was already checked in so would that have been part of the issue? I did do a pretend booking for the desired early flight and it was available to purchase, but not for Blue Basic.
Old May 17, 2024, 8:34 am

You cannot be checked in to do SDFC. In the app choose modify check-in and then I think the option is to "cancel checkin" or "uncheckin".

Once you are no longer checked in, choose manage trip and then change. Search for flights on the same day. It should offer the ability to change for $0.

I suspect using the chat was a mistake. Unless there is chat specific for Mosaic customers, they might not understand the Mosaic benefits. If I need a human, it's the Mosaic phone support number for me.
davedeboston likes this.
Old May 28, 2024, 7:21 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by jfunk138
You cannot be checked in to do SDFC. In the app choose modify check-in and then I think the option is to "cancel checkin" or "uncheckin".

Once you are no longer checked in, choose manage trip and then change. Search for flights on the same day. It should offer the ability to change for $0.

I suspect using the chat was a mistake. Unless there is chat specific for Mosaic customers, they might not understand the Mosaic benefits. If I need a human, it's the Mosaic phone support number for me.
Thank you and this makes a ton of sense now. I did see an option to un-check in. Not very intuitive to me but seems in line with what I perceive as poor functionality of the JetBlue app which remains slow and feels like a link to a mobile site, not an actual app.

Separately, I filled out a complaint form, JetBlue acknowledged the error, and yet provided no compensation. Oh well, at least I know how to same day switch now!
Old May 28, 2024, 4:50 pm

Programs: TrueBlue, Hyatt
Originally Posted by jfunk138

Is this online online you have to do this? Because I have previously been able to change the second flight of a connecting itinerary by calling without cancelling check in
Old May 29, 2024, 8:58 am

Originally Posted by Intheair2night
Is this online online you have to do this? Because I have previously been able to change the second flight of a connecting itinerary by calling without cancelling check in
Yes, the procedure I discussed is the DIY online procedure. I'm guessing when you call, they take care of unchecking in, then re-checking in for you. The folks on the Mosaic support line are generally quite good if you dont feel comfortable with the online mechanism.
davedeboston likes this.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.