Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > JetBlue | TrueBlue
Reload this Page >

Redeem JetBlue points on Qatar Flights

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Redeem JetBlue points on Qatar Flights

Search this Thread

Old Feb 1, 2024, 3:14 am
Original Poster

no thoughts on the below?

Originally Posted by Sandeep1
Has anyone experimented with booking an award flight on QR and then cancelling? I finally found a J award but it's showing up as non-refundable in the confirmation so don't want to book it if that's the case.

Old Feb 1, 2024, 4:16 pm

no thoughts on the below?
contact JetBlue and ask if you get miles back if cancel. I believe you do but not 100%
Old Feb 2, 2024, 2:10 pm

Programs: EK Gold, QR Gold, EY Silver, Jumeirah One Gold, GHA Discovery Titanium, Sixt Diamond
So so many bugs in this system still, or one would assume they're bugs and not by design, since it would make no sense.

For example...frequently there are reward lights available from DOH to xxx.

If you want to start from DXB or AUH (or anywhere), sometimes that's fine. DOH - LHR is available 08/03 59k points for J.
Change that to SHJ - LHR no problem, it's available with QR so shows on B6 - 78k points, very good.

But try and do that for most other EU routes, even destinations like MAN in the UK same as LHR, and you'll find that "JetBlue don't service this route"
DOH - MAN no issue. But change it to DXB, AUH, SHJ whatever and won't work, can't even search.

When going to the "browse by region" it gives only these destinations for originating from DXB for example. Doesn't matter that this doesn't match QR even remotely, with B6 you can't book QR reward flight to anywhere that isn't in this weird "region list" that B6 have setup. Perhaps it's the destinations that B6 themselves fly to? I don't fly B6 enough to know. And for some reason (must be a bug right?) they are only allowing reward flights to destinations that B6 themselves fly to.

Old Feb 2, 2024, 2:13 pm

Programs: EK Gold, QR Gold, EY Silver, Jumeirah One Gold, GHA Discovery Titanium, Sixt Diamond
That's interesting. I don't see one lick of J availability from DOH-ORD. I see plenty of economy though for 39,000.
Randomly there's quite good availability in Nov 23. Not much else though.

Old Mar 25, 2024, 8:29 am

Programs: Marriott BonvAnnoyed
So, I attempted to redeem my seemingly useless B6 points for a flight via QR, found availability, and everything seemed to check out fine (via AA/BA, etc.). However, when trying to book through both jetblue.com and the JetBlue app, I encountered errors at the payment screen, regardless of which credit card I used. Finally, after mustering up the time and courage to speak with a B6 representative via chat, I waited for an hour only to be told that ONLY Hawaiian Airlines flights are available for TrueBlue redemptions at the moment. This can't possibly be true, right? Otherwise, travel BLOBBERS on boardingarea would be up in arms all over the internet.
Old Mar 25, 2024, 10:42 am

Originally Posted by ali7204
So, I attempted to redeem my seemingly useless B6 points for a flight via QR, found availability, and everything seemed to check out fine (via AA/BA, etc.). However, when trying to book through both jetblue.com and the JetBlue app, I encountered errors at the payment screen, regardless of which credit card I used. Finally, after mustering up the time and courage to speak with a B6 representative via chat, I waited for an hour only to be told that ONLY Hawaiian Airlines flights are available for TrueBlue redemptions at the moment. This can't possibly be true, right? Otherwise, travel BLOBBERS on boardingarea would be up in arms all over the internet.
I made a QR booking on the 4th March, albeit that was 21 days ago now, but no issues went through fine and got ticketed.
Old Mar 25, 2024, 10:53 am

Programs: Marriott BonvAnnoyed
That's correct. I made the booking around the same time (first week of March) and it went smoothly. Now, I'm hearing this nonsense from JetBlue representatives, both via chat and over the phone. The phone representative was particularly uninformed about award redemption. She basically denied that it was ever possible to redeem B6 TrueBlue points on Qatar. At the moment, I didn't feel like continuing the conversation with her.
Old May 26, 2024, 11:20 am

Programs: TK Elite, Hilton Diamond
Has anyone experimented with booking an award flight on QR and then cancelling? I finally found a J award but it's showing up as non-refundable in the confirmation so don't want to book it if that's the case.

I have booked 2 flights with QR in April. Although it said non-refundable, I was able to get the points back to my account almost instantly after cancelling. I also got the whole tax refunded... even more. I paid USD36.15 which was SEK398.66 that time and a few days after I cancelled the booking, I got refunded SEK403.03 due to currency rate.

Yesterday, I cancelled my 2nd booking and the points were back to my account in a minute. Both cancellations were done as I needed to rebook (change routing) so it went perfectly for me.
Sandeep1 likes this.
Old May 26, 2024, 12:07 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by thefilipinotraveler
I have booked 2 flights with QR in April. Although it said non-refundable, I was able to get the points back to my account almost instantly after cancelling. I also got the whole tax refunded... even more. I paid USD36.15 which was SEK398.66 that time and a few days after I cancelled the booking, I got refunded SEK403.03 due to currency rate.

Yesterday, I cancelled my 2nd booking and the points were back to my account in a minute. Both cancellations were done as I needed to rebook (change routing) so it went perfectly for me.
Fantastic data point! Thanks

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.