Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > JetBlue | TrueBlue
Reload this Page >

Redeem JetBlue points on Qatar Flights

Old Nov 12, 2023, 3:18 pm
Original Poster

https://onemileatatime.com/news/rede...qatar-airways/

Of course, good luck finding business class availability!
Old Nov 15, 2023, 11:12 am

Programs: UA Premier 1K, *A Gold
Has anyone gotten the online B6 award search tool working? It never returns any availability for me despite AA showing it.
Old Nov 15, 2023, 12:00 pm

No problem with economy awards on QR; same inventory as other sites. I'm seeing QR business award seats on AA and BA websites but nothing showing up on JetBlue. I don't know if there's a trick to show business class availability or is everything blocked??
Old Nov 15, 2023, 2:38 pm

Programs: Marriott Platinum, Hilton Diamond, IHG Platinum
I did see LHR-DOH J on B6.com on the day of this announcement, it was around 50k.
Old Nov 15, 2023, 6:10 pm

Ya, can't even get the site to populate points on this route, whatever!
Old Dec 1, 2023, 1:17 am

Programs: AA AAdvantage
called to ask about qsuites / J space on a QR flight and JetBlue Agent replied saying "can't see any inventory" when clearly all the Oneworld partners and QR itself was showing saver "U" fare class space. Clearly something is off here...
Old Dec 25, 2023, 11:47 am

Award flights originating from India are being charged an incorrect GST (Goods and Services Tax).

A one-way economy ticket is 53,000 JetBlue points, and the GST (5% of the ticket price) being charged is $2,650.

So each point is being valued at $1.

Old Dec 25, 2023, 9:23 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Marriott 5+ BadgeAccor Contributor Badge

Programs: AS MVPG, DL KM, Bee Six, Bonvoy Plat, Avis PC, Natl Exec, Greyhound Road Rewards Z"L
Ugh. This is why people want the government to get involved in regulating rewards programs. Companies like JetBlue have to screw up this badly and that ruins it for everyone.

This needs to be rectified ASAP. What a joke.

-J.
Old Jan 4, 2024, 9:48 pm

I see some QR business class tickets at Jetblue and Qatar but not on AA.com for the same date and flight. Not sure how AA.com can't see it but Jetblue is able to pick up that inventory.
Old Jan 12, 2024, 10:02 am

Programs: Marriott BonvAnnoyed
Question is, Can you combine the positioning flight with Jetblue operated flight? XXX-BOS on B6 and BOS-DOH on qatar?
Old Jan 14, 2024, 11:52 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by dilvala
I see some QR business class tickets at Jetblue and Qatar but not on AA.com for the same date and flight. Not sure how AA.com can't see it but Jetblue is able to pick up that inventory.
That's interesting. I don't see one lick of J availability from DOH-ORD. I see plenty of economy though for 39,000.
Old Jan 15, 2024, 8:46 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Accor Contributor BadgeMarriott 5+ Badge

Programs: AS MVPG, DL KM, Bee Six, Bonvoy Plat, Avis PC, Natl Exec, Greyhound Road Rewards Z"L
Originally Posted by Sandeep1
That's interesting. I don't see one lick of J availability from DOH-ORD. I see plenty of economy though for 39,000.
That's not bad at all. Only problem for me is that I refuse to fly QR unless I can link my AS# to get my OWS benefits. Last year I experienced the atrocity known as QR customer service and if that's how they treat elites I can't imagine how they'd treat a nobody.

-J.
ItsAnAdam likes this.
Old Jan 18, 2024, 10:14 am

Just seems like a tech glitch I had IAD-DOH show up available on JB then disappear 5 mins later
Old Jan 22, 2024, 10:03 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Amex Gold/Plat, UA *G, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott LT Gold, NEXUS, TSA Disparager Unobtanium
I was able to book two QR flights this evening (WAW-DOH-SFO) on the B6 website without too much trouble. I do think it is silly B6 doesn't offer an edit button to easily change destinations during the search process, though I found simply changing the from/to airport codes in the URL did the trick.

Flight wise, it was 116K TrueBlue points, though I've found no other use for them thus far. I transferred some in from UR to cover the difference between what I had in my account already (they appeared within a minute or two) and taxes were only $76.80. Not a bad redemption when the revenue flights are $7,500~ and it included 16hrs in Q Suites on the A35K! The ticket took one-two minutes to process and then it immediately appeared on the QR website and I had no issues selecting seats and filling out my APS information.
Old Jan 24, 2024, 8:06 pm
Original Poster

Has anyone experimented with booking an award flight on QR and then cancelling? I finally found a J award but it's showing up as non-refundable in the confirmation so don't want to book it if that's the case.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.