Wiki Posts
Search

New Mint Seats

Search this Thread

Old Feb 1, 2021, 7:10 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster
Marriott 5+ BadgeAccor Contributor Badge

Programs: AS MVPG, DL KM, Bee Six, Bonvoy Plat, Avis PC, Natl Exec, Greyhound Road Rewards Z"L
New Mint Seats

https://www.businesswire.com/news/home/20210201005507/en/

Looks like the Thompson Vantage Solo. First row will be "Mint Studio" with extra space, enough room for a guest.

-J.
Old Feb 1, 2021, 7:22 am

the mint studio looks really good to me. The other ones look fine. I like the privacy. I'd have to sit in them to see how spacious they are.
Old Feb 1, 2021, 7:47 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster
Accor Contributor BadgeMarriott 5+ Badge

Programs: AS MVPG, DL KM, Bee Six, Bonvoy Plat, Avis PC, Natl Exec, Greyhound Road Rewards Z"L
I am slightly concerned that the TV is not folded out in any of the photos. I am sure it does and this was just overlooked by the marketing team. Otherwise it looks like a very nice seat, especially the Mint Studio. Love the wood-look table.

EDIT: they do indeed fold out. Lol.

-J.

Last edited by GW McLintock; Feb 1, 2021 at 7:53 am
Old Feb 1, 2021, 8:00 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA Plat 2MM. DL Plat, AS MVP
Looks like the seats face away from the windows.
Old Feb 1, 2021, 8:19 am

Other thing is if they are willing to put this much effort into creating something like mint studio, they really need to get going on a lounge at JFK.
Old Feb 1, 2021, 8:29 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

I like how the bench in the Studio flattens out to be part of the bed. That's a really nice touch.

-J.
TastyPlaneEats and Spanish like this.
Old Feb 1, 2021, 8:34 am

Is it just me, or is that front lavatory between door 1L and the mint cabin ridiculously large for a narrowbody? Seems like that would be a nice 'amenity' as well if it is.

Also, given 190 seats in a neo in B6's typical all-coach config, I'd expect to see 100ish seats in the rear, depending on how much goes to EMS and potentially additional galley space.

Last edited by lowfareair; Feb 1, 2021 at 8:40 am
Old Feb 1, 2021, 8:42 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA, B6, DL, EK, EY, QR, SQ, UA, Amex Plat, Marriott Tit, HHonors Gold
Well, the studios look fantastic. The regular seats look nicely appointed but I’m not personally a fan of facing the aisle/away from the window and with the door closed I think these will feel much tighter than the current Mint Suites. A mixed bag for me personally, but of course with that said it’s not like AA/BA/DL/UA/VS are offering anything better to London, and I’m assuming B6 will have the best catering, service, and pricing.
Old Feb 1, 2021, 8:59 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Originally Posted by lowfareair
Is it just me, or is that front lavatory between door 1L and the mint cabin ridiculously large for a narrowbody? Seems like that would be a nice 'amenity' as well if it is.
With the 1.5-size door, I think it is probably wheelchair accessible. I wonder if there's still a lavatory right behind the cockpit, since I think that's standard on all A320-family aircraft.

Originally Posted by lowfareair
Also, given 190 seats in a neo in B6's typical all-coach config, I'd expect to see 100ish seats in the rear, depending on how much goes to EMS and potentially additional galley space.
According to this article the A321LR will have a 22J/138Y configuration (total 160 seats). The A321HD has 200 seats. No word for sure on what the Mint-equipped A321neo (non-LR) will get, but it will have these seats.

-J.
Old Feb 1, 2021, 9:13 am

Programs: JB,VA,UA,,USA,DL,AA
What routes will these be used on. I couldn't find any info
Old Feb 1, 2021, 9:24 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Originally Posted by VEGAS1
What routes will these be used on. I couldn't find any info
Select LAX flights later this year, and of course London area.

-J.
Old Feb 1, 2021, 9:27 am

Originally Posted by GW McLintock
With the 1.5-size door, I think it is probably wheelchair accessible. I wonder if there's still a lavatory right behind the cockpit, since I think that's standard on all A320-family aircraft.

According to this article the A321LR will have a 22J/138Y configuration (total 160 seats). The A321HD has 200 seats. No word for sure on what the Mint-equipped A321neo (non-LR) will get, but it will have these seats.

-J.
It's changed a bit - there are now 24 J vs the 22 J expected. Neo will have 16 seats. Both referenced in the PR you posted.

I could see 138 seats total, but I can't figure out how they would get 138 Y seats into this aircraft with 24 J without going Spirit Airlines-tight. The standard neo layout is 190, so removing 52 Y for a galley, large bathroom, and 24 J is essentially impossible.
Old Feb 1, 2021, 9:29 am

Programs: Free agent
Wow. Looks great and the studio looks even better. I'm looking forward to getting to ride in one of these in 2022.

EDIT: Curious to see the mileage cost of studio vs regular MINT.
Old Feb 1, 2021, 9:31 am

I think the studio would be easily the nicest domestic seat. Would be a great selling point on JFK-LAX.

standard Neo layout is 200 seats. Let's wait for more information to come out on Y. The flex cabin on those new A321NEO allows for more seats to be squeezed in. I would not be surprised if the domestic one ends up being 162 or 165 seats instead of 159 seats on mint 1.0. For LR, I think they are probably going to be 138 total seat is possible. Although my guess is 140 to 145.
Old Feb 1, 2021, 11:33 am

Programs: Hilton Diamond; IHG Platinum; Bonvoy Gold; AA Platinum Pro and United Premier Silver (DH = AA EXP)
I am shocked that everyone seems to like these seats. These are literally the same herringbone coffin seats of 20 years ago that everyone hated, but with a face lift.
dw, lowfareair, Gig103 and 1 others like this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.