Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > JetBlue | TrueBlue
Reload this Page >

Any word from JetBlue if they are going to extend Mosaic status into 2021

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Any word from JetBlue if they are going to extend Mosaic status into 2021

Search this Thread

Old May 14, 2020, 8:09 am
Company Representative - AutoSlash and HotelSlash

Thanks for the link gengar . That's great news about Mosaics who earned via credit card spend being extended through 2021. I can confirm that my account now reflects the 2021 expiration date.

The gifting of status to another person was an even more pleasant surprise. Good on them for stepping up!
Old May 14, 2020, 9:09 am
Company Representative - AutoSlash and HotelSlash

JetBlue Rewards Its Most Loyal Customers with Offer to Gift Mosaic Status and Opportunities to Earn TrueBlue Points Even Faster

May 14, 2020-- TrueBlue Program Extends Current Mosaic Benefits through 2021 and Reduces Mosaic Requirements for 2020 --
-- For a Limited Time, all TrueBlue Members can Earn Double TrueBlue Points for New Ticket Bookings and JetBlue Mastercard members can Earn Double TrueBlue Points on Everyday Purchases --

NEW YORK – May 14, 2020 – JetBlue (Nasdaq: JBLU) today announced updates to its TrueBlue program to support its most loyal customers as they start thinking about travel again. In addition to extending travel benefits for Mosaic customers, the airline is offering all TrueBlue members up to 18 points per dollar spent on future JetBlue flights.

“We’ve developed a comprehensive program to reward those who have been most loyal to us,” said Don Uselmann, vice president loyalty and personalization, JetBlue. “Our Mosaic members in particular are eager to restart their travel plans when the time is right. In order to support them, just as they’ve always supported us, Mosaic customers will be able to enjoy their current benefits through 2021. We’re also giving them an opportunity to give the gift of Mosaic to a recipient of their choosing.”

TrueBlue members who have not reached Mosaic status will have an easier path in 2020 with reduced thresholds. All members can also earn extra TrueBlue points with a compelling new ticket booking offer, and JetBlue Mastercard members can earn extra TrueBlue points on everyday purchases for a limited time.

MOSAIC UPDATES
  • Extending Mosaic Travel Benefits through 2021
    JetBlue is extending status of all current Mosaic customers through 2021, whether status was obtained through travel or spend on the JetBlue Plus Card. The extension period has been updated in customers’ TrueBlue accounts.
  • Opportunity to Give the Gift of Mosaic Status
    JetBlue is providing current Mosaic members with an exclusive benefit – a chance to give the gift of Mosaic to someone who deserves a little TLC on their next vacation. The nominated Mosaic will enjoy all travel perks for one year on all of their JetBlue flights. Benefits include no change or cancel fees, first and second bag free, early boarding, a complimentary alcoholic beverage onboard and more. Mosaic customers must share the nominated Mosaic’s details with JetBlue here by June 1, 2020. Nominated Mosaics must be a TrueBlue member. Nominated statuses will be in effect from June 15, 2020 through June 15, 2021. (a.)
  • Reducing Qualification Threshold in 2020
    JetBlue is reducing the qualifying points and segment minimums by 50 percent for Mosaic level qualification. Mosaic customers will continue to receive an award of 15,000 bonus TrueBlue points upon qualification.

Reduced thresholds:
    • 7,500 qualifying points (vs. 15,000 points for the calendar year)
    • 6,000 qualifying points and 15 segments (vs. 12,000 points and 30 segments)

TRUEBLUE UPDATE
  • Double TrueBlue Points for All New Bookings
    Whether customers are planning travel for Thanksgiving, Christmas or the New Year, booking future travel now will pay – literally. For all travel booked through June 15 for flights May 14, 2020 or later, JetBlue will double the TrueBlue base point award on all reservations. For Blue Basic fares, that’s two points per $1 (vs. one point). For other fares including Mint, that’s six points per $1 (vs. three points). (b.)

JETBLUE MASTERCARD LIMITED TIME OFFER
  • Earn at least 2X TrueBlue Points on All JetBlue Mastercard Purchases
    Cardmembers don’t have to wait for their next flight to earn points. JetBlue cardmembers will continue to earn great rewards on eligible JetBlue, restaurant, grocery store and office supply purchases and, for a limited time, from May 14 through June 15, 2020, cardmembers will have their earn on all other purchases increased to 2X points per dollar spent. Terms and Conditions apply. (c.)

JetBlue’s TrueBlue loyalty program – TrueBlue rewards all customers, regardless of their travel frequency. With TrueBlue, there are no blackout dates with all seats available for redemption, and points never expire. TrueBlue points are earned by purchasing qualifying services or products of JetBlue or a TrueBlue partner and via spend on the JetBlue Mastercard.

Members earn points for every dollar spent on the base fare for JetBlue-operated flights and bonus points by booking directly on jetblue.com, depending on the fare option selected. Typically, TrueBlue members who fly 30 segments and earn 12,000 base points within a calendar year (or earn 15,000 base points in a calendar year) automatically earn Mosaic benefits. Additional information about TrueBlue and how to register for the program can be found at jetblue.com/trueblue.

About JetBlue
JetBlue is New York's Hometown Airline®, and a leading carrier in Boston, Fort Lauderdale- Hollywood, Los Angeles (Long Beach), Orlando, and San Juan. JetBlue carries more than 42 million customers a year to nearly 100 cities in the U.S., Caribbean, and Latin America with an average of more than 1,000 daily flights. For more information, please visit jetblue.com.

(a.) A current Mosaic member with their account in good standing may nominate one (1) other TrueBlue member, whose account is also in good standing, for Mosaic status. The nominated Mosaic will enjoy Mosaic travel benefits from June 15, 2020–June 15, 2021. The 15,000 bonus points award customarily issued upon Mosaic qualification will not be issued to the nominated Mosaic. The gift of Mosaic status offer may only be granted to a TrueBlue member who has not yet achieved Mosaic status for 2021. The current Mosaic member must fill out the online form completely with all details of the nominated recipient, including the recipient’s valid TrueBlue number, by June 1, 2020. The account status of the nominated TrueBlue member will be upgraded by June 15, 2020. The account of the nominated Mosaic recipient will be downgraded after June 15, 2021 if the standard Mosaic status qualification is not met. Under no circumstances will JetBlue provide membership details or personal member information of any members to the Mosaic member nominating the TrueBlue member for gifted status. The nominated member who will be receiving the gifted status must be enrolled as a TrueBlue member and this gift cannot be provided to someone who does not have a TrueBlue account. Once a status has been gifted to another member, no change can be made to remove or change that status or the recipient of that status. The sale or barter of the gift of Mosaic status is expressly prohibited. JetBlue reserves the right to administer this promotion consistent with its terms and the TrueBlue Terms and Conditions, and may deny benefits or terminate this program at any time, at its sole discretion. This program is offered as a member benefit and program benefits have no market value. Failure by JetBlue in administration of this program for any reason whatsoever gives rise to no cause of action and program participants waive any and all claims in any form whatsoever relating to the administration of this program. The TrueBlue Terms and Conditions apply.

(b.) Offer valid only for JetBlue operated flights (one-way or roundtrip) that are booked between May 14, 2020 and June 15, 2020 and flown between May 14, 2020 and January 4, 2021. TrueBlue number must be entered at time of booking and will only be earned for travel by the member associated with the TrueBlue account. Offer is valid on new bookings only. TrueBlue members usually earn between one (1) TrueBlue point, for Blue Basic fares, to three (3) TrueBlue points, for Blue, Blue Plus, Blue Extra and Mint fares, per dollar spent on their individual JetBlue flight based on the fare option purchased. Members qualifying for this offer will earn between two (2) TrueBlue Points, for Blue Basic Fares, and six (6) TrueBlue points, for Blue, Blue Plus, Blue Extra and Mint fares, per dollar spent on their individual flight based on the fare option purchased. Points will be earned on the base fare of the flight only. Points will not be earned on government taxes/fees, travel insurance or other fees or charges (e.g., change/cancel fees, etc.). Offer not valid for previously booked flights or changes to a previously booked flight. In the event a member’s reservation is canceled, that member will not receive any TrueBlue points from that reservation. In the event that a change is made to a reservation so that it no longer complies with the terms of this offer (including changes placing the reservation outside of the applicable booking or travel windows), Double TrueBlue Points will not be awarded for that reservation. Offer does not apply to non-revenue or Zero Fare tickets (e.g., travel booked with a travel certificate, award or redemption flights, flights booked in whole or in in part with points, etc.); is not valid in connection with partner or codeshare or interline flights, JetBlue Vacation packages, cruises, or any other product or service; may not be combined with other special offers; is not redeemable for cash; and has no cash value. Bonus points earned under this offer are not eligible towards Mosaic qualification. TrueBlue account must be in good standing. Members should allow 2-4 weeks after travel completed for Double TrueBlue Points to post to their TrueBlue accounts. Additional restrictions apply. See TrueBlue Terms and Conditions apply for details.

(c.) This offer is for JetBlue cardmembers and is valid from May 14, 2020 through June 15, 2020 (the “Promotional Period”). If the JetBlue credit card account is closed or the account is switched to another product during the Promotional Period, the cardmember may no longer be eligible for this offer. Cardmembers will continue to earn points on eligible JetBlue purchases, and on restaurant and grocery purchases, as described in the Reward Rules.. During the Promotional Period, eligible cardmembers will earn 2 points for every one $1 spent on all other purchases, less credits, returns and adjustments, with transaction dates beginning May 14, 2020 through and including June 15, 2020 (the “Promotion”). There is no maximum amount of points that may be earned during this Promotional Period. Failure to maintain creditworthiness during the Promotional Period may result in actions on the account, such as credit line decrease, that would reduce the ability to take advantage of this offer. To be eligible for the Promotion, the JetBlue Plus Card, JetBlue Reward Card, JetBlue Card or JetBlue Business Card account must be open, active and in good standing at the time of fulfillment. Participation in Barclays Payment Relief as a result of COVID -19 does not impact eligibility in this Promotion. All points earned will appear on the credit card statement 6-8 weeks after the end of the Promotion.

Media Contact
JetBlue Corporate Communications
Tel: +1 718 709 3089
[email protected]
Old May 14, 2020, 9:49 am

Programs: B6 Mosaic, Bonvoy LT Titanium (x SPG LT), IHG Spire, UA Silver
That works very well for me. Now my nominee has a lot more flexibility and it will encourage both of us to travel more in the coming year.
Old May 14, 2020, 11:12 am

Programs: American Gold, Hilton Diamond, Wyndham Diamond, Hyatt Explorist
If anyone doesnt have someone to gift status to I'm looking!
49holding likes this.
Old May 14, 2020, 11:25 am

Programs: American Gold, Marriott Gold, Hilton Silver
Originally Posted by AutoSlash
  • Double TrueBlue Points for All New Bookings
    Whether customers are planning travel for Thanksgiving, Christmas or the New Year, booking future travel now will pay – literally. For all travel booked through June 15 for flights May 14, 2020 or later, JetBlue will double the TrueBlue base point award on all reservations. For Blue Basic fares, that’s two points per $1 (vs. one point). For other fares including Mint, that’s six points per $1 (vs. three points). (b.)
The email they sent me has the word "base" omitted in this part, which I appreciate, because that can be confusing and misread as base points (for Mosaic qualification) unless they read the buried statement in the footnote saying that it's not.

Last edited by diburning; May 14, 2020 at 11:38 am
Old May 14, 2020, 12:04 pm

Programs: Marriott Platinum, JetBlue Mosaic, Hilton Silver
I've got no complaints about this. Completely expected and the free gift and added points are a nice bonus.
Old May 14, 2020, 2:21 pm

Programs: Free agent, value for my money
I'm impressed. Bring on the London flights, get me and my soon-to-be mosaic partner off of UA/BA.
Old May 14, 2020, 5:56 pm

Programs: BR Diamond, B6 Mosaic
Does that mean I should cancel my upcoming flights and rebook them to get the bonus miles?

What about qualification for 2022? Is it based on flights from now through 12/31/21 or just flights in 2021?
Old May 14, 2020, 10:07 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Marriott 5+ BadgeAccor Contributor Badge

Programs: AS MVPG, DL KM, Bee Six, Bonvoy Plat, Avis PC, Natl Exec, Greyhound Road Rewards Z"L
A long wait, but gifting it is a hell of a perk. It'll certainly thin the ranks for the next 12 months, but so few people are flying that it probably won't make a difference and will entice new customers to fly JB who otherwise may not have. Very clever... was worth the wait.

I guess all the other airlines extending status made expectations pretty clear.

-J.
Old May 14, 2020, 11:36 pm
NLS

I'm a Mosiac who has already spent a fair amount on my Barclays card so I inquired what would happen if I again reached the spending threshold. I was advised that as of now any spend this year wouldn't count toward 2022. Glad I know now so I can focus my spending on a different card.
Old May 15, 2020, 9:20 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: WWF, Appalachian Mountain Club
I'm just really surprised a Mosaic 'gift' is not already up for sale on ebay.
Old May 15, 2020, 11:52 am

The Mosaic gifting is a nice perk. To me, the biggest perk of Mosaic is the ability to change/cancel without penalty. However, with so many airlines offering it now, it doesn't seem as necessary as before. However, I'm not sure how long those other carriers will allow that so it's possible this perk could become more important later in this year.

One small thing is that if we're already Mosaic and we fly enough to get Mosaic this year, the only benefit is the 15k bonus trueblue points. It wouldnt extend our status past 2021 which is what we already have this year. It would almost be more worth it to just fly other airlines to get status there and then come back to B6 next year.
Old May 15, 2020, 5:02 pm

Programs: Free agent, value for my money
Originally Posted by NLS
I'm a Mosiac who has already spent a fair amount on my Barclays card so I inquired what would happen if I again reached the spending threshold. I was advised that as of now any spend this year wouldn't count toward 2022. Glad I know now so I can focus my spending on a different card.
Hmmm...if you're close to $50k, you might want to see if the math works for you to put $$ on the card btw now and 15 June for 2X points, then pocket the mosaic 15,000?
AutoSlash likes this.
Old May 16, 2020, 3:32 pm

Programs: UA 2MM
So had anyone tried canceling a flight and then using the flight credit to re-book the flight (assuming price is the same) in order to get the 2x points? Just curious if this works or if using flight credit does not get the 2x.
Old May 17, 2020, 8:33 am

Originally Posted by notthatdeadyet
Hmmm...if you're close to $50k, you might want to see if the math works for you to put $$ on the card btw now and 15 June for 2X points, then pocket the mosaic 15,000?
Do you receive the 15,000 bonus points if you get Mosaic via card spend? I thought I heard you did not.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.