Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > JetBlue | TrueBlue
Reload this Page >

Any word from JetBlue if they are going to extend Mosaic status into 2021

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Mar 27, 2020, 2:15 pm
Original Poster

Been a Mosaic member for the last 5 years and was on track to achieve it this year as well but now that we are not traveling its going to be a challenge.
Wounding if anyone has heard if they will extend Mosaic status into 2021 for those that can’t reach the qualification this year?
Old Apr 2, 2020, 3:48 pm
Company Representative - AutoSlash and HotelSlash

Just received this:

Mosaic status qualification

We recognize you are probably not flying as frequently as you have in the past—and may have questions about your qualification for Mosaic. While our immediate priority is safely operating through the recovery, we did want to provide some reassurance as to your status qualifications.

If you qualified for Mosaic in 2020 from flight spend and qualifying points, you can trust we will offer new paths for you to qualify in 2021. For those with the JetBlue Plus Card, you can continue to earn Mosaic status with your annual spend.

As the coronavirus situation continues to evolve, we will be sharing our final plan for qualification in the coming weeks.
Old Apr 5, 2020, 6:57 pm

Programs: Free agent, value for my money
OK B6, just copy United and Delta and call it done.
Old Apr 5, 2020, 11:27 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Marriott 5+ BadgeAccor Contributor Badge

Programs: AS MVPG, DL KM, Bee Six, Bonvoy Plat, Avis PC, Natl Exec, Greyhound Road Rewards Z"L
Rumor has it they will copy DL and UA and extend status for 2021. Not from the best source though so take it with a grain of salt.

-J.
Old Apr 6, 2020, 10:30 am

Programs: SPG Lifetime Platinum, Hyatt Diamond, JetBlue Mosaic, AA Platinum, National Executive Elite
Originally Posted by GW McLintock
Rumor has it they will copy DL and UA and extend status for 2021. Not from the best source though so take it with a grain of salt..
IMO, Jetblue will be forced to copy DL & extend status for 2021. DL is their biggest domestic competitor at JFK and has made a massive push into BOS, B6's other hub. It was a very savvy move by DL to be the first airline extend status to 2021. They're obviously hoping it will help them with early 2021 bookings and in the meantime they look like the most customer-friendly airline--something they're certain to use in future advertisements.

If I ran Jetblue, I would try to steal DL's momentum by saying that not only will B6 extend status for 2021, but--for the remainder of 2020 & 2021--EMS seat selection will be free for Mosaic members. Flights are unlikely to be full anyway and they need to start adding benefits for the objectively-weak Mosaic program.
Old Apr 6, 2020, 10:36 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Accor Contributor BadgeMarriott 5+ Badge

Programs: AS MVPG, DL KM, Bee Six, Bonvoy Plat, Avis PC, Natl Exec, Greyhound Road Rewards Z"L
Originally Posted by moulder3
IMO, Jetblue will be forced to copy DL & extend status for 2021. DL is their biggest domestic competitor at JFK and has made a massive push into BOS, B6's other hub. It was a very savvy move by DL to be the first airline extend status to 2021. They're obviously hoping it will help them with early 2021 bookings and in the meantime they look like the most customer-friendly airline--something they're certain to use in future advertisements.
You are right, they lost a big opportunity to be the first airline to do this. Then again, bookings just opened through January 2021 a day or two ago. Maybe they're not looking that far ahead yet. They should be

-J.
Old Apr 6, 2020, 12:30 pm

Programs: UA 2MM
JetBlue's policy of refusing refunds for cancelled flights, forcing the DOT to issue a warning against them, has caused me to lose confidence in this airline. Their slowness in taking action for their frequent fliers just confirms my loss of confidence. I dare say that JetBlue is now as bad as United in terms of customer focus. What the heck happened to JetBlue? They used to lead the industry, along with airlines like Southwest, in terms of treating customers well. Now they are at the bottom along with United. Ugh.
Carfield, bgasser and RWPrincess like this.
Old Apr 7, 2020, 7:16 pm

Programs: B6 Mosaic, Bonvoy LT Titanium (x SPG LT), IHG Spire, UA Silver
I would argue that B6 is the one with the least need to automatically grant status for next year at this early date. As they just require a monetary value to achieve Mosaic, one could take as little as one RT in Mint on a peak day and achieve status. Something like that is just not possible in any other program. Other airline programs with a mileage component are in a much more difficult position while higher tiers in programs such as UAs would be nearly impossible to achieve with few international flights operating. Spending $5000 on UA would have only gotten you silver status and would still require at least 4 flights. They have plenty of time to see how this plays out as the year progresses. With nobody traveling now, there is really no harm in waiting.
Old Apr 8, 2020, 2:37 pm

Programs: Marriott Platinum, JetBlue Mosaic, Hilton Silver
Originally Posted by blueman2
JetBlue's policy of refusing refunds for cancelled flights, forcing the DOT to issue a warning against them, has caused me to lose confidence in this airline. Their slowness in taking action for their frequent fliers just confirms my loss of confidence. I dare say that JetBlue is now as bad as United in terms of customer focus. What the heck happened to JetBlue? They used to lead the industry, along with airlines like Southwest, in terms of treating customers well. Now they are at the bottom along with United. Ugh.
I've been saying this for a while now. One need look no farther than social media to see how much they've changed from a year or two ago. Their twitter team used to be the best in the industry and now they are one of the worst in terms of approachability. If you scroll through their feed, you'll see they primarily respond to positive comments now and even those comments aren't to everyone. Contrast that with Southwest who pretty much responds to anybody or Alaska who goes as far as searching their name without tags. Other airlines also track their elite flyers through social media and respond to every comment and regularly thank them (i.e. Delta). JetBlue does none of that.

Also, Don Uselmann taking almost a month to email Mosaics is just ridiculous.
Old Apr 8, 2020, 2:39 pm

Programs: Marriott Platinum, JetBlue Mosaic, Hilton Silver
Originally Posted by sfozrhfco
As they just require a monetary value to achieve Mosaic, one could take as little as one RT in Mint on a peak day and achieve status.
You've earned 15,000 flight points from a single Mint round trip flight?
blueman2 and yydv like this.
Old Apr 9, 2020, 3:28 am

Programs: American Gold, Marriott Gold, Hilton Silver
Originally Posted by blueman2
JetBlue hasn't been the same since they decided to abandon their company values of appeasing the customer (which was their successful defining niche for the airline), and changed to appease Wall Street. This around the time Robin Hayes became CEO. Things got worse when they brought on Ben Baldanza (yes, THAT Ben Baldanza, the one that hit Reply All to an email complaint when he was Spirit's CEO) to cut costs. Employee morale is at an all time low.

JetBlue is in survival mode right now because although they have cash reserves to burn through at this time, it won't last long.

Originally Posted by RWPrincess
You've earned 15,000 flight points from a single Mint round trip flight?
Wow, that would require a $5000 fare.
RWPrincess likes this.
Old Apr 9, 2020, 4:38 am

If there ever needs to be an indication of how much travel demand that airlines see for this year, this should be it. They could have all lowered the status requirement to make it easier for people to requalify later this year but chose to just extend their status.

Aa recently said that they don't see anyone planning to travel 3 to 5 months from now. JetBlue made a mistake here by not being the first to make this move. I am sure they will follow other airlines shortly.

As for cuts to ff program and product, this is going to be like the great recession. Service will be taken away and not come back for years. Airlines are just looking to survive at the moment. And yes, that would include delta who is in a far more precarious position than JetBlue at the moment. One customer friendly change I do see is the possibility of no middle seat taken for a while to combat the fear of transmitting coronavirus. Aside from that, airlines are going to nickel and dime you for at least until vaccine is not available.
diburning and RWPrincess like this.
Old Apr 10, 2020, 8:30 pm

Programs: AA Pro (mostly B6) OZ♦ (flying BR/UA), BA Silver Hyatt LT, Wynn Black, Cosmo Plat, Mlife Noir
As long as loyalty programs announce their pandemic response prior to when I start booking travel again, I honestly don't care if they take their time.

DL/UA may very well have to revise their current FFP modifications further if the quarantines continue to drag out.
Old Apr 13, 2020, 9:48 pm

Programs: SPG Lifetime Platinum, Hyatt Diamond, JetBlue Mosaic, AA Platinum, National Executive Elite
Wow. I never thought I would see the day when Jetblue got beat by Delta, United & American on communicating with their elite members. Delta I get and while I was surprised United followed so quickly, I guess it meant they were prepared & ready to announce too. But then a full week passed....and no update from Jetblue. Today, godawful AA, the worst major US airline in almost every metric, updated their customers.
What's happening to B6?
Old Apr 13, 2020, 9:51 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Accor Contributor BadgeMarriott 5+ Badge

Originally Posted by moulder3
What's happening to B6?
Well said.

-J.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.