Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > JetBlue | TrueBlue
Reload this Page >

Any word from JetBlue if they are going to extend Mosaic status into 2021

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Any word from JetBlue if they are going to extend Mosaic status into 2021

Search this Thread

Old Apr 27, 2020, 8:05 pm

Originally Posted by RWPrincess
I think we will get an announcement this week. I am also surprised it has taken this long to make an announcement but at the same time I can't see them not extending Mosaics through 2021 at this point. It's just the right thing to do.

What makes you think they will announce something this week?
Old Apr 27, 2020, 11:53 pm

Programs: AA Pro (mostly B6) OZ♦ (flying BR/UA), BA Silver Hyatt LT, Wynn Black, Cosmo Plat, Mlife Noir
Apparently they're too busy coming up with a policy mandating face mask wearing by passengers.
Old Apr 28, 2020, 8:15 am

Programs: Free agent, value for my money
Yes...special Mosaic member masks....
Old May 1, 2020, 12:21 am

Programs: United 1K 2MM - Jet Blue Mosaic - Hyatt LTG - Marriott Plat - Hertz PC
It does surprise me that Jet Blue has not been on top of their game on this. It is a simple and sensible gesture that merely matches what has been offered by virtually all other airlines.
Old May 1, 2020, 8:39 am

Programs: Mosaic. AA Gold, National EE, Avis PC
Originally Posted by strife
It does surprise me that Jet Blue has not been on top of their game on this. It is a simple and sensible gesture that merely matches what has been offered by virtually all other airlines.
I disagree that it's simple - anything to do with plans or finances that far in advance can't be, in these times. Who knows what things are going to look like in 2021? And frankly - what's the rush? What plans are you making that depend on you knowing your 2021 status, right now? They've got bigger, more immediate worries.

I've been Mosaic for years, and happy to wait closer to when I'm actually making 2021 travel plans to find out.
Old May 1, 2020, 10:06 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Marriott 5+ BadgeAccor Contributor Badge

Programs: AS MVPG, DL KM, Bee Six, Bonvoy Plat, Avis PC, Natl Exec, Greyhound Road Rewards Z"L
Originally Posted by bemis
I disagree that it's simple - anything to do with plans or finances that far in advance can't be, in these times. Who knows what things are going to look like in 2021? And frankly - what's the rush? What plans are you making that depend on you knowing your 2021 status, right now? They've got bigger, more immediate worries.

I've been Mosaic for years, and happy to wait closer to when I'm actually making 2021 travel plans to find out.
Not everyone has the luxury of being able to wait to make plans. Everyone's circumstances are different.

Pretty much every other US airline with an elite program has managed to figure it out by now. AA, DL, UA, AS, and even WN have all published benefit extensions. JetBlue is trailing the pack. With JetBlue's limited network (even more so after the route cuts, and who knows when they will all be brought back to full service levels), passengers -- especially Mosaics -- have more and more reason to jump ship.

-J.
Old May 1, 2020, 6:02 pm

Programs: United 1K 2MM - Jet Blue Mosaic - Hyatt LTG - Marriott Plat - Hertz PC
Originally Posted by bemis

Jet Blue is in the minority here. Most carriers have already extended including airlines like EVA and ANA and JAL that are not exactly known for great loyalty programs.

I will have two business trips that will commence the instant that quarantines are lifted in the respective destinations. With the speed that some governments seem intent on reopening, this could happen very soon. Before then, it would be nice to have some clarity on what Jet Blue intends to do even if the plan is to do nothing. It is certainly nice to be able to sit doing nothing and without any concerns. Not all of us have that luxury.
Old May 12, 2020, 12:44 pm
LRV

Programs: Mosaic
Originally Posted by DLSuites
As someone who infrequently flies JetBlue, I think they should take this unscheduled downtime and revamp their rewards program. It doesnt have to mirror the legacies but they should instill a more beneficial program for flyers such as upgrade instruments, complimentary upgrades to EMS seats for top elites. upgraded snacks and free drinks for those that sit in EMS. Make it more attractive and you might get legacy lovers to switch brands. B6 has a notoriously crappy Mosaic program.
Jetblue is my favorite and go to airline. I live in one of their hubs and I fly frequently. I have been a mosaic member going on 4 years now. I already think the benefits are great, and I get the most out of the no change fees and early boarding. However, I believe it is one of the easiest, if not the easiest program to achieve status with such a low bar. Someone already said it in another post - a couple round trip mint flights and you're done. That's honestly how I end up getting it. I also believe that the Mint benefits dilute the mosaic benefits and that there are opportunities to create some mosaic only perks, be it upgrade to a mint seat with points, or tier out the suites and give mosaic access to a suite upgrade with points, or something like that. I suggest this every time I am asked to complete a survey.

Because of that low bar and the introduction of the mint product, I have long suspected significant changes to mosaic were on the horizon, including raising the dollar threshold to earn it. I have a hunch that JetBlue may have been on the cusp of announcing changes to the mosaic program before Covid-19. I have no inside information on this; it is merely a speculation of mine. And it makes me wonder if that is what's causing their delayed response to what to do about earning status for 2021.
Old May 14, 2020, 6:17 am

Programs: JetBlue Mosaic
Mosaic has been extended

Just got an email that I've qualified for Mosaic (which I already was and haven't flown anywhere recently obviously). Tracker on my profile says I'm Mosaic through 12/31/21. Good stuff!
Old May 14, 2020, 7:00 am

Programs: BA GLD for LIfe, AA PLT 2 MM miler, B6 Mosaic, Star GLD; HH Diamond; Marriott PLT, IHG Plat
I received the same notification and definitely have not qualified for 2021. I wanted to check that this referred to 2021 (and was not a dumb reminder that I qualified for 2020). However, I can't actually log in to my trueblue account. When I log in to the tracker, it says it can't find the page. Do you think their site is just overwhelmed?
Old May 14, 2020, 7:03 am

Programs: BR Diamond, B6 Mosaic
Originally Posted by bevnetcraven
Just got an email that I've qualified for Mosaic (which I already was and haven't flown anywhere recently obviously). Tracker on my profile says I'm Mosaic through 12/31/21. Good stuff!
awesome. I didn’t get an email but tracker says 2021 as well!
Old May 14, 2020, 7:06 am
Company Representative - AutoSlash and HotelSlash

Anyone who qualified for Mosaic based upon flights taken in 2019 will automatically have their status extended through 2021. Those who earned Mosaic status based upon JetBlue/Barclays credit card spend will not as per the company.

As far as logging into their website, it can be finicky sometimes. Try again, or try using a private/incognito session and/or a different web browser. Often that will do the trick.

I can confirm I can login and see the tracker, and my JetBlue Mosaic status (which I earned through CC spend) still says Dec 2020 expiration.
Old May 14, 2020, 7:21 am

I was not mosiac previously, but I did 8,594 points in Feb 2020 and got the notice that I am mosiac now through 2021. So they must have a lower threshold for this year...
AutoSlash likes this.
Old May 14, 2020, 7:23 am

Programs: BA GLD for LIfe, AA PLT 2 MM miler, B6 Mosaic, Star GLD; HH Diamond; Marriott PLT, IHG Plat
Thanks AutoSlash for the info. By the way, I love the site autoslash.com.
AutoSlash likes this.
Old May 14, 2020, 7:47 am

Programs: AA Pro (mostly B6) OZ♦ (flying BR/UA), BA Silver Hyatt LT, Wynn Black, Cosmo Plat, Mlife Noir
Originally Posted by phatteus
I was not mosiac previously, but I did 8,594 points in Feb 2020 and got the notice that I am mosiac now through 2021. So they must have a lower threshold for this year...
TPG is reporting lower qualification standards for 2020.

Earning 7,500 qualifying TrueBlue base points
Earning 6,000 qualifying TrueBlue base points and 15 flight segments
TPG also says current Mosaics will be able to gift one Mosaic status.

This exclusive JetBlue benefit allows current Mosaics to gift Mosaic status to one person of their choosing. The nominated TrueBlue member will become a full-fledged Mosaic from June 15, 2020 through June 15, 2021.

Link: https://thepointsguy.com/news/jetblu...s-coronavirus/

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.