JSX Experience?

Old Jan 2, 2020, 7:21 am
  #1  
Original Poster
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: PHX
Programs: AA Ex Platinum & 1MM, DL PLT, Marriott Gold, HH Diamond
Posts: 2,490
JSX Experience?

Good morning all,

Anyone have experience on JSX yet-good, bad, otherwise? Since I live in PHX, where B6 doesn't have much of a presence, I am getting lots of ads for JSX & have been thinking about giving them a try on my next flight to LAS. The fact that their schedule is only open thru early March right now, though, is somewhat concerning.

Thanks in advance & Happy New Year :-)
txrus is offline  
Old Jan 2, 2020, 7:46 am
  #2  
FlyerTalk Evangelist
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Location: Not here; there!
Programs: AA Lifetime Gold
Posts: 29,923
Originally Posted by txrus
Good morning all,

Anyone have experience on JSX yet-good, bad, otherwise? Since I live in PHX, where B6 doesn't have much of a presence, I am getting lots of ads for JSX & have been thinking about giving them a try on my next flight to LAS. The fact that their schedule is only open thru early March right now, though, is somewhat concerning.

Thanks in advance & Happy New Year :-)
What's the connection between JetBlue and JSX?
guv1976 is offline  
Old Jan 2, 2020, 8:09 am
  #3  
Original Poster
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: PHX
Programs: AA Ex Platinum & 1MM, DL PLT, Marriott Gold, HH Diamond
Posts: 2,490
Originally Posted by guv1976
What's the connection between JetBlue and JSX?
Not entirely sure but JSX flights earn True Blue points so there's some connection somewhere; this is why I asked in this forum, but apologies if I offended anyone for doing so.
txrus is offline  
Old Jan 2, 2020, 8:27 am
  #4  
 
Join Date: Apr 2003
Programs: B6 Mosaic, Bonvoy LT Titanium (x SPG LT), IHG Spire, UA Silver
Posts: 5,857
JetBlue owns around 10% of JSX and they are partners. Go for it. Check in is quick and easy, service is good, and I would not hesitate at all to book. Have always had good experiences with them.
Boraxo and RWPrincess like this.
sfozrhfco is offline  
Old Jan 2, 2020, 8:33 am
  #5  
FlyerTalk Evangelist
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Location: Not here; there!
Programs: AA Lifetime Gold
Posts: 29,923
Originally Posted by txrus
Not entirely sure but JSX flights earn True Blue points so there's some connection somewhere; this is why I asked in this forum, but apologies if I offended anyone for doing so.
No offense taken; I was just curious, as I had not heard about JSX.

I do see that there is a thread about JSX expansion in the FT "Other North and South American Airlines" forum.
guv1976 is offline  
Old Jan 3, 2020, 5:24 am
  #6  
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Posts: 325
Ive taken JSX from Orange County, CA (SNA) to Oakland, and Oakland to Vegas. Super easy and convenient. Showed up 45 minutes before the first flight and 30 minutes before the second flight. Walked in, showed my ID to get checked in, gave them my bags, got swabbed as part of security check, and had a short 20 minute wait in the lounge. The Oakland lounge was lacking snacks though.
And the prices were really good, $79 for each flight. The prices are really good if you can book ahead of time.
They also let you do standby to an earlier flight if theres space, my friend did that.
Boraxo likes this.
TastyPlaneEats is offline  
Old Jan 3, 2020, 3:03 pm
  #7  
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: LAX
Posts: 178
The main negative I have with JSX is if I have to rent a car at my destination (PHX and LAS, at least). Rental car centers are nowhere near the JSX hangars. Works great if I Uber/Lyft. Will prolly stick with mainline if I plan to rent a car.
RWPrincess likes this.
wakko11 is offline  
Old Jan 5, 2020, 9:37 am
  #8  
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Posts: 325
In case this helps, GoRentals works with JSX for rentals.

I just Uber to a regular rental place that I book thru Costco. LOL

Originally Posted by wakko11
The main negative I have with JSX is if I have to rent a car at my destination (PHX and LAS, at least). Rental car centers are nowhere near the JSX hangars. Works great if I Uber/Lyft. Will prolly stick with mainline if I plan to rent a car.
TastyPlaneEats is offline  
Old Jan 5, 2020, 11:40 am
  #9  
Suspended
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: DCA
Programs: UA US CO AA DL FL
Posts: 50,262
Hopefully this will be moved to the "other NA carriers" forum as XE is merely a partner of B6 and there is a lot of good information there.
Often1 is offline  
Old Jan 10, 2020, 4:15 am
  #10  
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Location: BOS
Programs: Marriott LTG, HHonors Diamond, Nat'l Exec
Posts: 3,581
Originally Posted by leonger
In case this helps, GoRentals works with JSX for rentals.

I just Uber to a regular rental place that I book thru Costco. LOL
If you rent enough with National enough to get Exec Elite, FBO delivery is one of the slightly obscure benefits.
wakko11 and TastyPlaneEats like this.
dtremit is offline  
Old Aug 17, 2020, 11:57 pm
  #11  
 
Join Date: Mar 2018
Location: EDI/GLA
Programs: DL 2 MM Unobtainum | UA 1.1MM Gold | MR Bonvoy Titanium
Posts: 2,292
I just flew JSX today from LASBFI and it was quite a refreshing experience.

Highly recommended if you need to fly into secondary airports.

Plus the Bulleit Bourbon was a nice touch.
Intl359Widget is offline  
Old Aug 18, 2020, 2:01 am
  #12  
FlyerTalk Evangelist
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Location: East Coast
Programs: AA CONCIERGE KEY & 1MM, HILTON DIAMOND
Posts: 11,970
Originally Posted by Intl359Widget
I just flew JSX today from LASBFI and it was quite a refreshing experience.

Highly recommended if you need to fly into secondary airports.

Plus the Bulleit Bourbon was a nice touch.
You got lucky. JSX is infamous for cancellations due to their aircraft constantly breaking.
fly747first is offline  
Old Aug 18, 2020, 9:12 am
  #13  
 
Join Date: Apr 2003
Programs: B6 Mosaic, Bonvoy LT Titanium (x SPG LT), IHG Spire, UA Silver
Posts: 5,857
Originally Posted by fly747first
You got lucky. JSX is infamous for cancellations due to their aircraft constantly breaking.
I have flown them many times and never had any issues. I would imagine now they have plenty of extra planes around if anything goes wrong.
Boraxo and kalkat like this.
sfozrhfco is offline  
Old Aug 18, 2020, 9:50 pm
  #14  
 
Join Date: Mar 2018
Location: EDI/GLA
Programs: DL 2 MM Unobtainum | UA 1.1MM Gold | MR Bonvoy Titanium
Posts: 2,292
Originally Posted by sfozrhfco
I have flown them many times and never had any issues. I would imagine now they have plenty of extra planes around if anything goes wrong.
They had quite a few spares parked on the ramp in LAS.
Intl359Widget is offline  
Old Aug 18, 2020, 10:01 pm
  #15  
FlyerTalk Evangelist
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Location: East Coast
Programs: AA CONCIERGE KEY & 1MM, HILTON DIAMOND
Posts: 11,970
Originally Posted by sfozrhfco
I have flown them many times and never had any issues. I would imagine now they have plenty of extra planes around if anything goes wrong.
Glad it has worked for you but I can't trust them based on my experience... if things go south on the day of departure, they don't have the ability to rebook you on another airline
fly747first is offline  

Thread Tools
Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.