Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > JetBlue | TrueBlue
Reload this Page >

Suggestions for JetBlue to improve their product

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Suggestions for JetBlue to improve their product

Search this Thread

Old Jan 28, 2020, 1:44 pm

Programs: Marriott LTG, HHonors Diamond, Nat'l Exec
Originally Posted by tphuang
They will fly to a lot of these places. The buildout isn't finished. They kind of switched from adding new destinations to beefing up schedules. That is almost finished by the end of this year. And they are getting 4 more gates this year. Along with terminal e expansion, that should allow them to add another 50 daily flights over the next few years. Many of that will be to places in Midwest like Columbus, St Louis and Kansas City. Of course, that has to be balanced with Europe expansion.
Sure, but they're never going to add everything (I once had to fly to CWA), and they'll almost certainly cut some routes that don't make money.

If your goal is to be able to get to as many total places as possible on one airline, DL is going to continue to be a better carrier, as they have both nonstops and hub connections out of BOS.

Not my current priority (which is why I fly B6) but it is for some folks.
Old Jan 28, 2020, 2:21 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by dtremit
Sure, but they're never going to add everything (I once had to fly to CWA), and they'll almost certainly cut some routes that don't make money.

If your goal is to be able to get to as many total places as possible on one airline, DL is going to continue to be a better carrier, as they have both nonstops and hub connections out of BOS.

Not my current priority (which is why I fly B6) but it is for some folks.
That's true. In the end of the day, they are not going to fly to many smaller places. They can fly to enough places where even if someone flies to a smaller town once in a while, their schedule to the larger markets will win out.

I think it's very safe to assume that their network out of Boston will continue to improve. If you are picking an airline based on non stop network, b6 will be the best one for most people. And that gap vs other airlines will only widen in the next few years. It wasn't that long ago JetBlue was smaller than aa at Boston.
Old Jan 28, 2020, 11:28 pm

Programs: American Gold, Marriott Gold, Hilton Silver
They will fly to a lot of these places. The buildout isn't finished. They kind of switched from adding new destinations to beefing up schedules. That is almost finished by the end of this year. And they are getting 4 more gates this year. Along with terminal e expansion, that should allow them to add another 50 daily flights over the next few years. Many of that will be to places in Midwest like Columbus, St Louis and Kansas City. Of course, that has to be balanced with Europe expansion.
Yes. Right now they're adding frequency in established markets because they know they will make money there. Adding new destinations is always a gamble. A gamble that they would rather not make at this point in time.

I think it's very safe to assume that their network out of Boston will continue to improve.
​​​​​
Yes. Because JFK is slot restricted, most growth will be out of Boston first.
Old Jan 29, 2020, 9:28 am

Programs: Marriott Platinum, JetBlue Mosaic, Hilton Silver
I will say I'm ecstatic that they are adding JFK-BNA and multiple times a day. Clearly they tested the route in BOS and it worked. Fun fact: They use Gate B6 at BNA. Always makes for the fun Instagram photo op.
octr202 likes this.
Old Jan 29, 2020, 1:49 pm

Programs: DL, B6, UA, AGR
Slightly off topic, How much more expansion can occur at BOS whether B6, DL, ULCC's, or International carriers (all seem to be growing rapidly at BOS) until Massport implements slot restrictions? It would certainly spur growth at PVD, ORH, PSM, and MHT if that were to ever happen.

Last edited by Sicariis; Jan 29, 2020 at 1:55 pm
Old Jan 30, 2020, 4:19 am

Programs: American Gold, Marriott Gold, Hilton Silver
Plenty. BOS is only crazy busy during the morning and evening rush because of the commuter/shuttle flights. There are lulls during the day where they can have more operations. They may not be preferable times to operate, but being an airline that operates mostly O/D routes, flying during those lulls is not a problem. As for gate space, they're expanding Terminal E (so JetBlue can conceivably take over more of the south end of E), and Jetblue will have the 3 gates in the corner (40, 41, and 42) back after the B to C connector is completed.
Sicariis likes this.
Old Jan 30, 2020, 6:05 pm
Original Poster

They should get 4 more gates at BOS later this year + whatever additional freedom they get when Terminal E expansion opens up. Maybe EI and TP can move out there. They should have enough gate space over the next year or 2 to get up to 250 flights. After that, it really depends on how the economy goes and whether or not other airlines roll back as they grow. Maybe they will even move in B at some point. I could see slots at BOS. Currently, the OTP at BOS is worse than JFK. I don't see MHT unless MassPort decides to abandon the ORH experiment and move into MHT.
Old Jan 31, 2020, 7:26 am

Programs: Marriott LTG, HHonors Diamond, Nat'l Exec
I could see slots at BOS.
Very unlikely, at least in the short term -- slots are only used at Level 3 airports (by definition), and BOS is not even Level 2 (where airlines coordinate schedules in a voluntary process).

BOS is way shorter on gates and ramp space than it is on runways.
Traveler_boy_25 likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.