A321 (Non-Mint) Seating Question

Old Dec 16, 18, 10:21 am
Original Poster

A321 (Non-Mint) Seating Question

Two questions, please, regarding the A321 (non-Mint):

-1- I just rang JetBlue, and they claim that the Even More Space seats on this aircraft have a 35" pitch, while SeatGuru says 37"-41". Which/who do you think is correct? Assuming the 41" figure is legitimate, how does one find out which specific row(s) has that amount?
-2- Is it correct that the exit door juts/bows out in front of row 10, thus reducing the legroom that 10A and 10F have?

Thank you.

Last edited by suswang8; Dec 16, 18 at 1:10 pm
Old Dec 16, 18, 11:42 am
Company Representative - Autoslash

Originally Posted by suswang8 View Post
Two questions, please:

-1- I just rang JetBlue, and they claim that the Even More Space seats on this aircraft have a 35" pitch, while SeatGuru says 37"-41". Which/who do you think is correct? Assuming the 41" figure is legitimate, how does one find out which specific row(s) has that amount?
-2- Is it correct that the exit door juts/bows out in front of row 10, thus reducing the legroom that 10A and 10F have?

Thank you.
1. I would trust JetBlue's numbers as SeatGuru has been wrong about many things IME. Does it really matter though? It's far more legroom than you'd get in a non-EMS seat. If you plan for 35" and you get 37"-41", I assume that would be a bonus? In terms of which rows are EMS, it shows it right on JetBlue's seatmap when selecting a seat. The EMS seats are usually shaded in blue and selecting one will report an upcharge in cash (or points if you are Mosaic).

2. How would the configuration of the exit door impact your legroom? I can't recall the specifics, but I don't remember exit row EMS seats being any different in terms of legroom than non-exit row EMS seats.
Old Dec 16, 18, 11:48 am

Here you go:

http://help.jetblue.com/SRVS/CGI-BIN...ase=obj(382583)

(something is screwy with the way that FT directs to urls so you may need to copy/paste the above link manually into your browser address bar)

The answer is that it depends on whether it's an A321 Core or A321 with Mint (so both B6 and SeatGuru are technically correct).

Last edited by AutoSlash; Dec 16, 18 at 11:54 am
Old Dec 16, 18, 1:19 pm
Original Poster

Hi, Autoslash.

I mentioned this in the headline but just edited my post to add it into the body: I was referring to the Core (non-Mint) A321.

What I was trying to say was that, according the SeatGuru, the EMS seats vary in terms of the pitch. In other words, some EMS seats have more legroom than others -- again, according to SeatGuru. This was the basis of my question all along. I realize you can see which rows are EMS; what I was asking was which EMS seats have the most legroom.

Regarding whether I think there is a difference between 35" and 37" or even 41", I do, especially the latter. Personally, I am not sure it's worth the $57 for a 2.5hr flight just for 3" more of legroom. 37" is a substantial difference, and 41" is literally on par with all major airlines' first class pitch. In my view, paying $57 for 41" pitch is a no-brainer.

I will try to contact SeatGuru to recommend that they update their information.
Old Dec 16, 18, 7:29 pm

Airbus A321 Core
  • Our A321 core aircraft are configured with 200 comfy seats in a mostly three-by-three layout. (Eleather is a more sustainable, lighter, longer lasting durable material that provides comfort and a better customer experience because it stays cleaner and looking good longer.)
  • There are 42 seats that provide Even More® Space. These seats are located in rows 1-5, 10,and 23ABCEF.
  • Seats in row 1, row 10 and row 23 do not have moveable armrests. Trays pull out of the armrests for all seats in these rows. Customers seated in these rows must place personal items in the overhead bin during takeoff and landing. If you would like to take your items out during the flight, our Inflight crew will be happy to help you retrieve your items. This also means no pets in these seats.
  • All seats in row 10 and row 23 are equipped with an In-Arm IFE Screen that folds up and down and must be stowed for taxi, takeoff and Landing.
  • There are no seats numbered 9AF or 22AD.
  • Seats 9BC, row 10, seats 22BC, and row 23 are emergency exit rows.
  • JetBlue reserves seats in rows 1DEF, row 6 and seats 7ABCDE in order to provide advance seat assignments, as requested, to customers with disabilities. We will gladly pre-assign these seats to qualified individuals at the time of booking when requested.
  • Unaccompanied minors will be safely seated in row 34, the last row, so that the Inflight crewmembers can assist them when needed.
  • The A321 has a 32” seat pitch and the Even More® Space seats have a 35”seat pitch
  • The core seat width in the Airbus A321 is 18 inches. Seats 1AB, 1EF, 22BC, 22DE, 34A, 33F, 34ABC, 34DEF are narrow seats. The core seat cushion length on all planes is 17"-19".
  • Our core A321 seats are set at a 4" recline from full upright. Seats Seats 9BCDE and 22BCDE have a limited recline.
  • Standard seat belts are 49.5" in length. Seat belt extenders are 25" in length.
  • Each Even More® Space seat has one 110V/USB power outlet available. The core seats have 2 110V/USB power outlets available per seat bank. (**Note: USB receptacles will not charge some Apple devices utilizing the USB cord (iPad 2.0 and higher.)
Old Dec 21, 18, 4:31 pm

Programs: Marriott Platinum Elite, Hilton Silver, D23 Charter Member, JetBlue Mosaic
Row 10 has a full size door in front of it. It's the equivalent of Row 6 on the Mint A321. An FA will be in a rear facing jumpseat for takeoff and landing but the jumpseat stows during flight. It's in front of 10F.

Your personal item stows under Row 9 so you need to physically get up in order to access your bag. The distance is also far enough away that your tray table and tv are also stowed in the armrest though there is also a 2nd tray table on the seatback of Row 9.

When I fly solo between JFK-MCO, Row 10 is my row of choice since it's guaranteed all adults and massive legroom.
Old Dec 26, 18, 6:52 am

TV's have to be stowed for Taxi/Takeoff and Landing
Old Oct 4, 19, 7:52 am

Programs: AA, B6, DL, EK, EY, QR, SQ, UA, Amex Plat, RC/MR/SPG Plat, HHonors Gold
It's very difficult to find seating information on the non-Mint A321s for some reason. With the new 200 seat configuration does 10A still have a window? I think I've only ever flown on the old 190 seat configuration.
Old Oct 4, 19, 5:39 pm
Accor Contributor Badge

Programs: DL KM, Bonvoy Gold, RHG Gold, Accor Silver, Hilton Silver, Natl EE, Avis PC, Greyhound RR
Originally Posted by cmd320 View Post
It's very difficult to find seating information on the non-Mint A321s for some reason. With the new 200 seat configuration does 10A still have a window? I think I've only ever flown on the old 190 seat configuration.
Assuming you are referring to the standard A321 and not the 3N1, 10A is your standard 2L exit door seat. You have a window but it's back a little bit. 10A on this plane is the same as 6A on the Mint plane.

-J.

Last edited by GW McLintock; Oct 5, 19 at 5:09 pm
Old Oct 4, 19, 5:55 pm

Programs: AA, B6, DL, EK, EY, QR, SQ, UA, Amex Plat, RC/MR/SPG Plat, HHonors Gold
Originally Posted by GW McLintock View Post
Assuming you are referring to the standard A321 and not the 3N1, 10A is your standard 2L exit door seat. You have a window but it's back a little bit. 10A on this plane is the same as 5A on the Mint plane.

-J.
Correct, standard all core/200 seat A321. Makes sense. I assume it’s the same as 10F basically.

Thank you for the info, last all core A321 I flew was back in 2016 when they had 190 seats.
Old Oct 5, 19, 1:28 pm

Programs: Marriott Platinum Elite, Hilton Silver, D23 Charter Member, JetBlue Mosaic
Originally Posted by GW McLintock View Post
Assuming you are referring to the standard A321 and not the 3N1, 10A is your standard 2L exit door seat. You have a window but it's back a little bit. 10A on this plane is the same as 5A on the Mint plane.

-J.
6A. 5A is Mint.
Old Oct 5, 19, 5:09 pm
Accor Contributor Badge

Programs: DL KM, Bonvoy Gold, RHG Gold, Accor Silver, Hilton Silver, Natl EE, Avis PC, Greyhound RR
Originally Posted by RWPrincess View Post
6A. 5A is Mint.
Oops! You are absolutely correct. I have fixed my post.

-J.
RWPrincess likes this.

Search this Thread