Wiki Posts
Search

Flight cancelled, what to do?

Search this Thread

Old May 18, 2018, 12:15 pm
Suspended

Programs: UA US CO AA DL FL
Originally Posted by mattack4000
I ended up flying next day's flight, that ended up delaying by one hour too. As much as I love JetBlue, the old planes and delays get pretty annoying.

I booked my ticket with points, so I would have been screwed. Also all other alternatives would have cost me a lot of extra money as same day ticket cost 4x as my old ticket.
This is the problem with B6, WN and others which do not interline. Cheaper tickets (sometimes), but not necessarily a cheaper trip.
Old May 18, 2018, 3:12 pm
Original Poster

Just to rub some salt on the wound, the EMS I purchased. I thought it was $50, but I saw $80 on my credit card. I was either sleepy when I saw it or they pulled a fast one. Too bad no email receipt

Good news is that the 10% JB Card rebate posted almost immediately
Old May 18, 2018, 3:53 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Originally Posted by Often1
This is the problem with B6, WN and others which do not interline.
The assumption that there will always be a readily available seat on another carrier and that the affected airline will push the ticket is dated at this point. Airlines are running ~85% LFs which means a lot of the flights won't have seats for rebooking anyways. And there have been plenty of instances where DL/AA/UA won't push or won't release those last few seats to OALs anyways. Looking back 20 years ago the situation was far different, with lower LFs and more willing airlines. And certainly having more options than not is a good thing. But it is not a panacea.
Old May 18, 2018, 5:30 pm
Suspended

Programs: UA US CO AA DL FL
Originally Posted by sbm12
The assumption that there will always be a readily available seat on another carrier and that the affected airline will push the ticket is dated at this point. Airlines are running ~85% LFs which means a lot of the flights won't have seats for rebooking anyways. And there have been plenty of instances where DL/AA/UA won't push or won't release those last few seats to OALs anyways. Looking back 20 years ago the situation was far different, with lower LFs and more willing airlines. And certainly having more options than not is a good thing. But it is not a panacea.
I don't seem to have that problem. If I can't get it done easily at the gate/Club or whatever, our corporate TA has 24/7 backup assistance and makes the necessary calls to get it done.

On a 24-hour delay such as what OP faced, this would be a non-issue on any one of the legacies.

You are, of course, correct that with the economy on screech, availability is itself a problem. But, I'll take that over a recession.
Old May 19, 2018, 4:06 pm

Originally Posted by mattack4000
I ended up flying next day's flight, that ended up delaying by one hour too. As much as I love JetBlue, the old planes and delays get pretty annoying.

I booked my ticket with points, so I would have been screwed. Also all other alternatives would have cost me a lot of extra money as same day ticket cost 4x as my old ticket.
The A320 cabin is getting a major refresh, which will make it again leading the industry. E90 will go away and whatever replaces it will be new. And hopefully they will address the delays with more spares and a new labour contract.
Old May 21, 2018, 2:29 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by tphuang
The A320 cabin is getting a major refresh, which will make it again leading the industry. E90 will go away and whatever replaces it will be new. And hopefully they will address the delays with more spares and a new labour contract.
^
Old Jul 19, 2023, 11:04 am

Programs: AA EXP, UA1K B6 Mosaic 1, Amtrak Select, Marriott Plat , AMEX Plat (noted for club access reference)
What is the policy these days?

Cancelled B6 BNA-JFK 1x a day flight, rebooked to the next day. No other options other than a via BOS stop. Anyway to get an agent at the airport to book a direct flight on AA metal or UA metal if AA metal not available?

Can I use the platinum card to just buy a one way ticket on UA and submit it as part of trip interruption coverage?

Last edited by theboss7593; Jul 19, 2023 at 11:24 am
Old Jul 19, 2023, 2:13 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Marriott 5+ BadgeAccor Contributor Badge

Programs: AS MVPG, DL KM, Bee Six, Bonvoy Plat, Avis PC, Natl Exec, Greyhound Road Rewards Z"L
Originally Posted by theboss7593
What is the policy these days?

Cancelled B6 BNA-JFK 1x a day flight, rebooked to the next day. No other options other than a via BOS stop. Anyway to get an agent at the airport to book a direct flight on AA metal or UA metal if AA metal not available?

Can I use the platinum card to just buy a one way ticket on UA and submit it as part of trip interruption coverage?
Can't speak to the rest but they wouldn't book you on United as they are not a codeshare or even interline partner, at least not outside of extenuating circumstances.

-J.
Old Jul 20, 2023, 7:57 am

Programs: American Gold, Marriott Gold, Hilton Silver
Can an agent rebook on AA metal? Yes (at least up until today). Will they do it? No. JetBlue fights tooth and nail to keep you on their metal unless there really is no other option.
funnyfarm299 likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.