Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Same Day Change

Search this Thread

Old Oct 29, 2021, 10:05 am
Company Representative - AutoSlash and HotelSlash

Originally Posted by asdfghjk
Can I sdc from a connecting flight to a direct flight?
e.g LAS-BOS-LGA to LAS-LGA
I can't find any information regarding this. Thanks.
No, because it's not possible to fly non-stop from LAS-LGA. You should, however, be able to SDC to LAS-JFK or LAS-EWR.
Old Oct 30, 2021, 1:56 pm

Originally Posted by AutoSlash
No, because it's not possible to fly non-stop from LAS-LGA. You should, however, be able to SDC to LAS-JFK or LAS-EWR.
Apologies for the bad example.
My understanding from your answer is that I can sdc from connecting flight to direct flight if available as long as the departure and destination are the same or co-located.
Delta does not allow this kind of sdc.
Thanks.
Old Oct 30, 2021, 3:10 pm

AFAIK it is permitted on JetBlue but you’ll pay a $75 fee per person unless you’re a Mosaic.
asdfghjk likes this.
Old Oct 30, 2021, 7:05 pm

AFAIK it is permitted on JetBlue but you’ll pay a $75 fee per person unless you’re a Mosaic.
Or you could by a flex/plus fare.
Old Oct 30, 2021, 7:11 pm

Originally Posted by asdfghjk
Or you could by a flex/plus fare.
Yes, if you buy a Blue Extra fare then SDC is included at no extra charge, however, that's not the case with Blue Plus so it's important to choose the correct fare if you're looking to avoid the fee as a non-Mosaic.
asdfghjk likes this.
Old Nov 2, 2021, 1:22 pm

Programs: AA Exec Plat, UA 1K, BA Gold, AF Plat, Hilton Diamond, Marriot Plat
Originally Posted by NLS
Now that AA and JetBlue are code sharing, is it possible to do a Mosiac same day change if you book an AA flight on the JetBlue website? What if you book a JetBlue flight and want to change it to AA metal?
Originally Posted by diburning
According to the website, for interline/codeshares, you can’t do it yourself but you can call them or do it at the airport.
It will be interesting to see how B6 handles SDC for AA flights booked on Jetblue ticket stock.

AA's SDC policy is much more rigid- you have to keep original routing no changing of connecting airports where B6 SDC policy is in line with UA and other carriers your routing doesn't matter at all. So there might be a benefit of booking AA flights on B6 ticket stock if it is comparable price to buying AA flight on AA ticket stock when it comes to flexibility of SDC policy (even though Mosaics have complimentary SDC on AA issued tickets, I'm pretty sure AA agents will require keeping the original routing).

Originally Posted by NLS
I've had decent luck texting my request for a 24 hour Mosiac change. I usually get a reply in about 15 minutes.
Been a Mosaic for over 6 years but didn't know they had a secret Mosaic text only line? I know Jetblue FB messenger is pretty quick to reply but I doubt they can handle Mosaic SDC requests. Can you share this text only Mosaic number?
Old Nov 2, 2021, 1:37 pm

Originally Posted by ultrasoul
Been a Mosaic for over 6 years but didn't know they had a secret Mosaic text only line? I know Jetblue FB messenger is pretty quick to reply but I doubt they can handle Mosaic SDC requests. Can you share this text only Mosaic number?
Just sent it via PM.
Old Nov 2, 2021, 1:55 pm

Programs: AA Exec Plat, UA 1K, BA Gold, AF Plat, Hilton Diamond, Marriot Plat
Just sent it via PM.
Thanks! It is EXACTLY the same as the Mosaic elite calling number (the 1877 one) but I didn't realize that it also accepts texting as well. Good to know in the event of a 2+ hour callback wait.
mikejeep likes this.
Old Apr 8, 2022, 12:01 am

Can I change a JFK-SJO to an earlier flight the same day to JFK-MCO-SJO?

I recall reading you can't do a SDC if there is only one direct flight a day.
Old Apr 8, 2022, 5:46 am

Programs: American Gold, Marriott Gold, Hilton Silver
You can't SDC in cities with only one flight a day. As mentioned earlier in this thread on page 1, if it's a routing that's for sale (which JFK-MCO-SJO is) and it's still available on the day of departure, you can SDC.
Old Apr 8, 2022, 6:14 am

Programs: B6 Mosaic
Can Mosaics get a SDC if the flight is booked with a travel certificate? Don't see a specific restriction on the certificate terms.
Old Apr 8, 2022, 6:16 am

Programs: American Gold, Marriott Gold, Hilton Silver
Yes. I've done it. Not as a Mosaic, but I've done it and paid the fee.
mikejeep likes this.
Old May 13, 2023, 7:42 am

Programs: AA EXP, AA5MM
Question SDC if on a AA coded B6 flight?

If booked on a AA coded B6 flight, is a SDC possible?
Old May 13, 2023, 12:17 pm

Programs: Marriott Platinum, JetBlue Mosaic, Hilton Silver
Originally Posted by AA EXP DFW-LON
If booked on a AA coded B6 flight, is a SDC possible?
From the website. I'm assuming you have to call this in.
  1. Subject to availability. Mosaics, and eligible travelers on the same reservation, flying on American Airlines or American Eagle are eligible for free same-day flight changes beginning 24 hours before departure. Qualifying itineraries must depart on the same date, originate and terminate at the same airports, with the same intermediate airport stopovers, as original flight(s). TrueBlue number of Mosaic must be included in reservation record in advance of request. Travelers on the qualifying Mosaic reservations may not be split off or divided. All fare rules on date of change apply.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.