Fare Class Lookup

Old Jan 12, 18, 12:36 pm
Original Poster

Programs: UA Gold, Marriott Titanium
Fare Class Lookup

Apologies for the newbie question: how does one look up the fare class for a B6 ticket?

I'm trying to determine if my flight is (was) eligible for partner credit to SQ, and my Google-Fu seems to be weak today (or perhaps the internet is generally unhelpful in this matter ...).
Old Jan 12, 18, 1:10 pm

Originally Posted by Polytonic
Apologies for the newbie question: how does one look up the fare class for a B6 ticket?

I'm trying to determine if my flight is (was) eligible for partner credit to SQ, and my Google-Fu seems to be weak today (or perhaps the internet is generally unhelpful in this matter ...).
Depends if it's a flown ticket or something you're about to buy. If you haven't bought it yet, ITA Matrix has the answer. If you've flown already, I think JetBlue often prints the booking class on the boarding pass. JetBlue's lowest booking class is P, so I *think* as long as you're on a paid ticket, you should be able to earn SQ Miles.
Old Jan 12, 18, 5:09 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by klanfa
Depends if it's a flown ticket or something you're about to buy. If you haven't bought it yet, ITA Matrix has the answer. If you've flown already, I think JetBlue often prints the booking class on the boarding pass. JetBlue's lowest booking class is P, so I *think* as long as you're on a paid ticket, you should be able to earn SQ Miles.
Ah, thanks. I do recall seeing a string of letters on the boarding pass. Do you know which one in the sequence corresponds to fare class?

I mistakenly deleted my boarding pass off my phone the other day -- I'm guessing there's no way to retrieve the boarding pass after the flight. In any case, this is helpful information for future B6 flights!
Old Jan 12, 18, 9:47 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

I've never seen the fare class on the BP, just the PNR. And definitely not on the mobile BP.

If you still have the email confirmation from the booking look for a line that says click here for a receipt and click on it. That should get you to the full details on the booking including the fare information.
Old Jan 12, 18, 10:27 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by sbm12
I've never seen the fare class on the BP, just the PNR. And definitely not on the mobile BP.

If you still have the email confirmation from the booking look for a line that says click here for a receipt and click on it. That should get you to the full details on the booking including the fare information.
I did request a receipt via email -- it also lacks fare class information. Rather mystifying, actually. Perhaps it's due to the last minute nature of the ticket purchase?
Old Jan 13, 18, 2:28 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Maybe try https://www.virtuallythere.com/new/login.html. Though after the trip is complete the PNR gets purged relatively quickly.
Old Jan 15, 18, 2:07 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by sbm12
Maybe try https://www.virtuallythere.com/new/login.html. Though after the trip is complete the PNR gets purged relatively quickly.
So I gave this a try over the weekend. If I remember correctly, it threw up an error regarding login and something about B6 not being a participating airline.

Am I SOL here without the boarding pass in this case? Granted it's only 300-some miles (LGB-SJC) I flew on Christmas Eve, though I really expected it to credit by now after three weeks.
Old Jan 17, 18, 8:46 pm

I'm running into the same problem (deleted my mobile boarding passes including an LGB-SJC one), and my flights are about 5 months old. It seems like B6 never credits to SQ without you submitting a mileage claim.

I looked at flights through ITA Matrix, and the cheapest LGB-SJC flight ($44) seems to book into P. From pricing out current flights ($ rounded up), it seems like $44 = P, $49 = S, $59 = U, $69 = O, $75-79 = Z. Those all correspond to 50% earn. M is where it starts crediting 100%, and I see that $86-89 flights are falling into that fare class ($98 = W, $110 = R). Not sure if that'll be helpful, since you were on a presumably more expensive Christmas Eve flight.

Anyways, I'm about to submit my claim with my approximate guesses at my fare class based on what I see on ITA. I'm hoping they won't care if I get the class wrong, but it still falls into the same earn % (all my flights should fall into only 50% earn).

Last edited by greenmustard; Jan 17, 18 at 8:55 pm
Old Jan 17, 18, 9:13 pm
Original Poster

Hmm, it seems this has come up before. Crediting points to Singapore, failed.

Originally Posted by greenmustard
I'm running into the same problem (deleted my mobile boarding passes including an LGB-SJC one), and my flights are about 5 months old. It seems like B6 never credits to SQ without you submitting a mileage claim.

I looked at flights through ITA Matrix, and the cheapest LGB-SJC flight ($44) seems to book into P. From pricing out current flights ($ rounded up), it seems like $44 = P, $49 = S, $59 = U, $69 = O, $75-79 = Z. Those all correspond to 50% earn. M is where it starts crediting 100%, and I see that $86-89 flights are falling into that fare class ($98 = W, $110 = R). Not sure if that'll be helpful, since you were on a presumably more expensive Christmas Eve flight.

Anyways, I'm about to submit my claim with my approximate guesses at my fare class based on what I see on ITA. I'm hoping they won't care if I get the class wrong, but it still falls into the same earn % (all my flights should fall into only 50% earn).
How do you plan on getting around the lack of boarding pass? I'd appreciate if you could post an update here with what happens if/when SQ gets back to you on your claim.

My Christmas Eve flight was $68.98 including taxes and fees, so I'd expect 50% earnings. Not a huge deal on LGB-SJC, but I do have LGB-JFK-LAX planned, which is worth a lot more.
Old Jan 18, 18, 12:35 am

Originally Posted by Polytonic
Hmm, it seems this has come up before. Crediting points to Singapore, failed.

How do you plan on getting around the lack of boarding pass? I'd appreciate if you could post an update here with what happens if/when SQ gets back to you on your claim.

My Christmas Eve flight was $68.98 including taxes and fees, so I'd expect 50% earnings. Not a huge deal on LGB-SJC, but I do have LGB-JFK-LAX planned, which is worth a lot more.
The claim form didn't say that I had to attach my boarding pass, so I didn't; it seemed like you only had to attach documents if you were claiming miles for a hotel stay, rental car, or travel package. I'll for sure update when I hear back though.
Old Mar 19, 18, 12:55 pm
Original Poster

Sorry to zombie an old thread:

I flew B6 again recently and had the gate agent add my KrisFlyer number to the reservation, which then credited automatically via the SQ app. Curiously, on the paper boarding pass, it showed as "TrueBlue Number: SQ####" whereas I recall the other flight that didn't credit just showed as "TrueBlue Number: #####" so it might be worth talking to a gate agent to straighten things out before boarding.

In other news, I submitted my mileage claim request online. Let's see what SQ says ... @greenmustard, did you ever hear back?
Old Jun 18, 18, 3:30 pm

Oh yikes sorry to zombie an old thread again, but yeah my mileage claim got rejected due to:

"Retroactive mileage claims for your Jetblue Airways flights were rejected due to ticketed name not found. For us to assist you further, please email us a copy of your Jetblue Airways electronic ticket or boarding pass for review..."

I was basically hitting the 6 month window at this point and was too lazy to fight this, so I ended up just crediting to Jetblue (which happened almost instantaneously on their website). Maybe my names didn't match (sometimes my middle name gets attached to flights/accounts and that frequently gets messy given that it's more than one name)?

Sounds like the fix to this is to get the gate agent to add your KrisFlyer number to try to avoid the online process.
Old Jun 18, 18, 6:08 pm
Original Poster

Hmm. I did end up getting credit for the other segment that didn't credit automatically. It took about three weeks to post though, if I remember correctly. In any case, yeah I think it makes the most sense to just work it out with the B6 gate agent.
Old Jan 28, 20, 12:42 pm

Programs: AA Gold, Hyatt Globalist, Hilton Diamond
Sorry for the bump, but this was the most relevant thread I could find using search. I'm flying a Blue Basic fare and this is my first ever jetblue flight. Does anyone know what the fare code tends to be for the new Basic fares?

Wondering if it'll be worth putting my KrisFlyer number in this itinerary or not.

Thanks!
Old Jan 28, 20, 4:00 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Marriott 5+ BadgeAccor Contributor Badge

Programs: AS MVPG, DL KM, Bee Six, Bonvoy Plat, Choice Gold, Avis PC, Natl Exec, Greyhound Road Rewards Z"L
Originally Posted by milesforhire
Sorry for the bump, but this was the most relevant thread I could find using search. I'm flying a Blue Basic fare and this is my first ever jetblue flight. Does anyone know what the fare code tends to be for the new Basic fares?

Wondering if it'll be worth putting my KrisFlyer number in this itinerary or not.

Thanks!
Do you have access to a credit chart for SQ? It might be worth calling/emailing/messaging JetBlue and asking if they can tell you the letter fare class of your ticket.

If there is a class that only gives partial or no credit to SQ, I imagine Blue Basic would fall under that... but I really don't know for sure.

-J.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell or Share My Personal Information -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2023 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.