Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > JetBlue | TrueBlue
Reload this Page >

JetBlue Mosaic Match/Challenge 2017

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

JetBlue Mosaic Match/Challenge 2017

Search this Thread

Old Sep 9, 2017, 11:34 am

Programs: AA EXP (AC), DL G (SC), Bonvoy LTP, & IHG AMB
Originally Posted by sbm12
Honestly, I prefer it this way.

The crew knows about the benefit and so do I. I get my free drink and often a thank you for being Mosaic but the two are not publicly intertwined. I don't need a public love fest that's more about marketing to those around me that they could also eventually get free drinks. Just deliver on my benefit and lets move on.

I've actually had a few FAs appear disappointed when I didn't take a drink as they wanted to make sure I was getting the value.

Also had one flight where me and my wife booked the D/F seat pair. I moved to E when we boarded since it was otherwise assigned. The FA got very confused why a woman was sitting where I was supposed to be (and it was the E pax, not my wife, so the FA calling her "Mrs. sbm12" was particularly amusing to everyone). But the free drinks were assigned to the correct tab, without any fuss.
This is what I was getting at above. The issue was not so much a 'love fest', but more about benefit consistency. If you're going to offer a free drink, then just do it; enough with the silly one off promos. If you're going to offer EMS to Mosaics, just do it. If you're going to add a little green tag to my checked bag, I would really appreciate it not coming off the line last. Of course, my experience with B6 was largely limited on the BOS to DCA flights and DCA was always a complete mess.

Based upon my two year hiatus, I was pleased to note that some things had changed for the better. That being said, the 24 hour change policy was the only thing that kept me onboard.
Old Sep 9, 2017, 1:49 pm

Programs: SQ Gold, Marriott Platinum, IHG Diamond Ambassador, DL Silver, AS MVP, B6 Mosaic, QR, EY, KE, CX, PR
Originally Posted by blueman2
I was accepted on Aug 7, but did not get my package until yesterday, Sept 8. And I am in US. So if you get a package, it might yet be another few weeks.
Got accepted Aug 16. Good to know you had yours. I'm worried about mine cause I'm based in Asia.
Old Sep 11, 2017, 3:35 pm

Programs: AA PPro, Mariott Ambassador, B6 Mosaic, SBUX Gold, Best Buy Elite
Was in the match till 2018 but finished the requirements for the challenge. All points have posted. Should I expect any communication at this point?
Old Sep 13, 2017, 4:49 pm

Programs: MR, TYP, AA, B6, DL, WN, HH, MB, 2V
Gahh plans changed and I don't even get to use the Mosaic status! Oh well...
Old Sep 13, 2017, 4:55 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
IHG Contributor BadgeMarriott Contributor Badge

Programs: Delta - Silver; UA - Silver; HHonors - Diamond; IHG - Spire Ambassador; Marriott Bonvoy - Titanium
Originally Posted by financialhippie
Gahh plans changed and I don't even get to use the Mosaic status! Oh well...
Don't feel too bad . . . I'll have an extra drink on tonight's flight in your honor!
Old Sep 14, 2017, 6:38 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA/AA/AS/B6/WN/ UA/HH/MR and more like 'em but most felicitously & importantly MUCCI
Originally Posted by sbm12
I don't need a public love fest that's more about marketing to those around me that they could also eventually get free drinks. Just deliver on my benefit and lets move on.
I agree with you there; I don't want the attention either. But neither am I going to divert hundreds or thousands of dollars of travel spend to B6 (whose tickets are rarely cheapest and whose schedules are never optimal, at least for me) in order to score a $6.00 Jack & diet for free.
Old Sep 15, 2017, 9:15 am

Programs: SQ Gold, Marriott Platinum, IHG Diamond Ambassador, DL Silver, AS MVP, B6 Mosaic, QR, EY, KE, CX, PR
Originally Posted by SpeedAdvantage
Will I get the Mosaic kit too? I got the status match accepted. But I'm based in Asia. I wonder if they will send it all to way to my home address?
Reporting back. I'm impressed with Jetblue! I got the Mosaic kit about a month after approving and granting the status match. They send the kit all the way here in Southeast Asia.^
Old Sep 15, 2017, 1:07 pm

Programs: MR, TYP, AA, B6, DL, WN, HH, MB, 2V
Originally Posted by Points Scrounger
Don't feel too bad . . . I'll have an extra drink on tonight's flight in your honor!
^
Old Sep 15, 2017, 3:22 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Delta - Silver; UA - Silver; HHonors - Diamond; IHG - Spire Ambassador; Marriott Bonvoy - Titanium
Before landing, the FA went through the cabin settling bar tabs rather than pay-as-you-go. She did approach me for payment, so when I helped "Mosaic!" she replied, "That's right (you're the one)!" My bag was last off the carousel, as there was no priority tag. Upon approaching the check-in desk at SEA from the Mosaic line, the agent asked "Are you (really a) Mosaic?" and when he saw my status for himself said something like "First one today." I really liked JetBlue's policy of boarding Mosaic/EMS ahead of families with small children!
Old Sep 15, 2017, 10:18 pm

Programs: AA EXP (AC), DL G (SC), Bonvoy LTP, & IHG AMB
Originally Posted by Points Scrounger
Before landing, the FA went through the cabin settling bar tabs rather than pay-as-you-go. She did approach me for payment, so when I helped "Mosaic!" she replied, "That's right (you're the one)!" My bag was last off the carousel, as there was no priority tag. Upon approaching the check-in desk at SEA from the Mosaic line, the agent asked "Are you (really a) Mosaic?" and when he saw my status for himself said something like "First one today." I really liked JetBlue's policy of boarding Mosaic/EMS ahead of families with small children!
Great; optimism dashed. So apparently, some things never change.
Old Sep 16, 2017, 8:26 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Apparently, he hadn't recalled the priority tag thing as he sees so few out of SEA; however, my previous Mosaic trip from there was tagged. This was a one-off.
Old Sep 16, 2017, 8:50 pm

I flew with my complimentary Mosaic status a couple of weeks ago and it was fun. I didn't check a bag so I have no experience with that. I found it a bit strange that there seemed to be few Mosaic people boarding considering the promotion (this was from MSY- JFK).

I'm used to WN lately and I find the melee of boarding the usual way a bit off-putting. Someone accused me of cutting in front of her when preboarding hadn't even started. I told her since we boarded in groups that it wouldn't matter but she didn't believe me until she tried to board with the Mosaic group and was rejected. I have to say that WN's system of lining up by number, while annoying, keeps some order.

Also, Flyfi wasn't working on one leg of the flight. I didn't say or do anything but got an email a week later giving me a $15 onboard credit for that.
Old Sep 17, 2017, 8:47 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

One woman got a voucher from the FA because something wasn't working, I assume it was her in flight entertainment?
Old Sep 17, 2017, 9:02 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Originally Posted by BearX220
But neither am I going to divert hundreds or thousands of dollars of travel spend to B6 (whose tickets are rarely cheapest and whose schedules are never optimal, at least for me) in order to score a $6.00 Jack & diet for free.
Of course you shouldn't. Just like you shouldn't divert spending to a different airline with bad schedules and fares for the slim chance of an upgrade to a wider seat. But that's a rational approach to loyalty, something all too rare.

I do get value of the free flight changes flexibility, far more than the occasional free drink.
ralphs and ptownca like this.
Old Sep 18, 2017, 2:15 pm

Programs: BR Diamond, B6 Mosaic
Another data point: Completed the challenge on 9/15 and got the 15K bonus points today (9/18).

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.