Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > JetBlue | TrueBlue
Reload this Page >

FlyFi...am I the only one who has issues?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

FlyFi...am I the only one who has issues?

Search this Thread

Old Jan 30, 2020, 8:27 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Marriott 5+ BadgeAccor Contributor Badge

Programs: AS MVPG, DL KM, Bee Six, Bonvoy Plat, Avis PC, Natl Exec, Greyhound Road Rewards Z"L
Originally Posted by stuseattle
I see this thread is a couple year old already but wanted to chime in. We've started flying JetBlue more often -- love the leg room, the snacks, and the staff -- but have never gotten the FlyFi to work. It says connected but won't even actually connect to the JetBlue app. Tried logging out/logging in ... but got the "you need an internet connection" kind of message. We have and iPhone and an iPad; neither ever connects.

stu
You are going to flyfi.com in the browser window too, right? I always found it strange that this extra step is required, since on most other networks if it requires a login, it redirects you automatically. Fly-Fi is the exception to this rule. (Note that clicking on the link, or visiting flyfi.com, while not on the Fly-Fi network will result in a blank page; it can only be accessed over the network.)

If you are in fact doing this each time, it could be your browser settings

-J.
Old Jan 30, 2020, 10:33 pm

Programs: American Gold, Marriott Gold, Hilton Silver
If you're trying to use the app, you're not doing it correctly. All you need to do is open up a browser and go to flyfi.com where you can log in to access the internet.
Old Jan 31, 2020, 7:33 am

Programs: Marriott LTG, HHonors Diamond, Nat'l Exec
Originally Posted by GW McLintock
You are going to flyfi.com in the browser window too, right? I always found it strange that this extra step is required, since on most other networks if it requires a login, it redirects you automatically. Fly-Fi is the exception to this rule.
I find that manually going to any webpage in Safari will get me a redirect to the flyfi page -- but it won't pop up an automatic "log in required" page as it does on a hotel network.
Old Jan 31, 2020, 1:05 pm

Programs: TrueBlue, Delta SkyMiles, AAdvantage
Yes you have to also go to flyfi.com in addition to connecting in your settings. However for international routes and over water the Wifi won't work. Unless you are on one of the NEW new interior 320's with the new IFE which uses Viasat-2 (mostly FLL/MCO/PBI routes). That one has longer range than the first gen.
RWPrincess likes this.
Old Jul 29, 2021, 9:26 pm

Talking I have a solution

First when your in the air wait about 1 hour because its disabled for take off and touch down. If you tried everything that you think you can do then try this.
Go to system Preferences
Then Network
Click on Wifi and on the bottom left click the Remove sign (-)
Then restart your computer
Go back into network and click plus
Select Wifi in Interface
Rename to Wifi
Now try again and see if that works
Old Jul 30, 2021, 6:25 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Accor Contributor BadgeMarriott 5+ Badge

Programs: AS MVPG, DL KM, Bee Six, Bonvoy Plat, Avis PC, Natl Exec, Greyhound Road Rewards Z"L
Originally Posted by Dogyy
First when your in the air wait about 1 hour because its disabled for take off and touch down. If you tried everything that you think you can do then try this.
Go to system Preferences
Then Network
Click on Wifi and on the bottom left click the Remove sign (-)
Then restart your computer
Go back into network and click plus
Select Wifi in Interface
Rename to Wifi
Now try again and see if that works
FlyFi is advertised as (and does, in practice) working gate to gate. It hasn't been disabled below 10,000 feet for several years now.

-J.
Old Jul 30, 2021, 6:47 am

Programs: Free agent
A few of the E190's I've been on HYA<->JFK recently have not kicked in til 10,000 ft. I'm usually glued out the window anyway but my wife commented on it.
Old Sep 9, 2021, 9:06 pm

Programs: Mileage Plus, TrueBlue, SkyMiles, HH SM, Amtrak Guest Rewards
I was on an A320 today from ORD-BOS in a relatively full flight. The new screens with bluetooth capability was neat and the wifi allowed me to stream music without any buffering. Just generally impressed. Not sure if this fleet wide or I was on a newly upgraded plane
Old Sep 10, 2021, 6:55 am

Originally Posted by dx3003
I was on an A320 today from ORD-BOS in a relatively full flight. The new screens with bluetooth capability was neat and the wifi allowed me to stream music without any buffering. Just generally impressed. Not sure if this fleet wide or I was on a newly upgraded plane
I think you can expect all the upgraded A320s (which is vast majority of A320 by this point), A220s, A321NEOs to have this. The only one I could see having IFE issues is E90 and the 11 unrefurbished A320s. The unrefurbished A320s should be out of service by the end of 2024. I hope they have a refurbish program for the E90s they are keeping around.
Old Sep 10, 2021, 12:26 pm

Originally Posted by tphuang
I think you can expect all the upgraded A320s (which is vast majority of A320 by this point), A220s, A321NEOs to have this. The only one I could see having IFE issues is E90 and the 11 unrefurbished A320s. The unrefurbished A320s should be out of service by the end of 2024. I hope they have a refurbish program for the E90s they are keeping around.
I was quite impressed. My last pre-pandemic flights were quite riddled with IFE issues. Glad they used the pandemic time off for these upgrades.
Old Sep 11, 2021, 7:08 am

Programs: American Gold, Marriott Gold, Hilton Silver
Actually, the pandemic time off also suspended the upgrades as El Salvador closed their borders. Once the border reopened, the upgrades proceeded as scheduled with aircraft rotating through quickly, with each upgrade taking roughly 4 weeks. (and with 4 aircraft being worked on at a time)

Last edited by diburning; Sep 12, 2021 at 12:40 pm
Old Sep 11, 2021, 9:02 pm

Is El Salvador where JetBlue plane maintenance occurs?
Old Sep 12, 2021, 5:33 am

Originally Posted by dx3003
Is El Salvador where JetBlue plane maintenance occurs?
It is the main one I think. All the refurbishment are done there. It's really weird they still don't fly there commercially.

Pre covid, I think just 20 to 30 a320s were refurbished and most of that were phase 1. Now, we have over 100 refurbished with most of them phase 2. Phase 2 has the latest ife and wifi.
Old Nov 19, 2021, 8:37 pm

With flights being booked to nearly full, should we expect wifi to actually work on the e90s? Can I stream podcasts fine or should I expect to download to listen without buffering etc?
Old Nov 19, 2021, 9:11 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Accor Contributor BadgeMarriott 5+ Badge

I have rarely had issues with Fly-Fi on the Embraers -- in fact I would say it was more reliable than the pre-refurbishment Airbuses.

-J.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.