Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > JetBlue | TrueBlue
Reload this Page >

Questions about taking a SKATEBOARD

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old May 12, 2017, 10:35 am
Original Poster

I have a 32 X 8 " skateboard that I want to take from my 3 hour flight to Boston from Atlanta. I am flying from JetBlue. I called customer service and they said I may have to pay for it or take it as a carryon but it's completely upto the Airport officials.

Any idea how I can avoid additional fees? I thought I could take it for free. I want to avoid any hassles over there. I am a student and I really want to save as much money as I can.
Old May 12, 2017, 1:30 pm

Programs: Free agent
Overhead: In order to fit in the overhead bin, your carry-on bag must not exceed 22" L (55.88 cm) x 14" W (35.56 cm) x 9" H (22.86 cm), including wheels/handles, on all of our aircraft types.
You will most likely have to check it. I've seen people try to get away with bringing a board on board and FA's make them check it at the gate. You may or may not have to pay for it, depends on the GA and FA for the flight. The only real way to avoid hassle is to either:
1) Take the trucks off, pack it in a suitcase, and check the bag.
2) Ship it down to where you're staying, probably taking the truck off first.

Also, don't skate around the airport. Guaranteed to piss off security.
Old May 16, 2017, 4:30 am

Programs: JetBlue Mosaic
My suggestion as someone who uses a similar move to transport photography equipment: wear a backpack and put it between your back and the backpack. Don't ask them if it's OK; just walk on the plane. The item you are describing should fit in the dead space behind suitcases in the overhead bin.
Old Apr 25, 2019, 11:14 pm
Suspended

Yes that is true that you need to pay on the flight for the skateboard or HyperOutdoor board if you have that big but if you had the custom one as I have from the HyperOutdoor then you could fold it into 2 piece then there wont be any charges on the flight wherever you go though also I have been using the HyperOutdoor skateboard since 2 years
Old Apr 26, 2019, 5:24 am

Programs: JetBlue Mosaic
Originally Posted by bevnetcraven
My suggestion as someone who uses a similar move to transport photography equipment: wear a backpack and put it between your back and the backpack. Don't ask them if it's OK; just walk on the plane. The item you are describing should fit in the dead space behind suitcases in the overhead bin.
Exactly...Works well especially if you are in Mosaic or EMS boarding.
Old Apr 26, 2019, 1:39 pm

I have seen people bring skateboards on JetBlue flights that I have been on. I know that TSA allows them through security, which is surprising to me.. Seems like they could be a pretty good weapon.
Old Apr 26, 2019, 4:26 pm

Location: Formerly Box 350, Boston Mass, Oh two one three four. Now near Beverly Hills 90210
Programs: Loyal Order of Water Buffalos
Thread is 2 years old, folks, and I wouldn't be surprised if post 4 that woke it up is an advertisement of some sort
salut0 and RWPrincess like this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.