Wiki Posts
Search

Continued Website Issues

Search this Thread

Old Mar 9, 2016, 3:05 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Marriott Platinum, JetBlue Mosaic, Hilton Silver
Continued Website Issues

It's been a month now and I am beyond frustrated. I have not been able to check in on Jetblue.com or via the mobile site since the 2nd week of February. I've had several flights over the past couple weeks and each time I have to check in at the airport the day of the flight. When I call Mosaic, they tell me I'm not the only one having this issue meanwhile the twitter team tries to deny it. Last week in AUS, I had my EMS seat given away even though I paid for it. Nobody notified me or anything. I only found out when I got my boarding pass at the airport and it said I was in Row 23. I am a Mosaic member that spent about $10K on this airline last year and they pick my seat out of all the EMS seats to move? I'm convinced this was due to the fact that I was not able to check in in advance. Never mind the gate agent training issue that this presents.

Earlier today, I booked a trip to LGB and booked it like normal. I never got a confirmation. I tried sending it to 3 different email addresses and no dice. So I call Mosaic and they tell me my reservation never ticketed because I was using my travel bank. Now I've used my travel bank many times in the past and have never had an issue with the reservation being ticketed. The phone rep basically had to rebook my ticket and rerun my credit card.

What is going on? It sounds like other people are having site issues as well. I've seen small businesses fix site issues in less than a day. Why does it take so long for a large airline to do the same? I am frustrated and baffled by this.
Old Mar 10, 2016, 10:06 am

I've moved on from getting upset about it b/c all it does is cause continued stress. I can't do ANYTHING online and call the Mosaic line for every little thing now. I don't even trust the website anymore because of the constant issues....the website says one things and the phone reps say another. They even have false error messages now.

At this point whenever I book a JetBlue ticket I accept the IT issues that will follow because they are getting worse not better.
Old Mar 18, 2016, 11:34 am

I simply call them now...fees waived because website issues.
Old Mar 18, 2016, 12:08 pm

Programs: trueblue ,mileageplus skymiles, hilton honors silver
If you have issues just keep on calling it in. Once they realize they can save money by fixing the website it will get done.
Old Mar 18, 2016, 12:43 pm

I've been consistently unable to check in when using Firefox as my web browser, but everything works fine when I use Chrome.

The Android app is an ongoing crap-shoot, though. Some days it works perfectly, others not at all.
Old Mar 19, 2016, 7:47 pm

Programs: American Gold, Marriott Gold, Hilton Silver
The iOS app is limited in functionality compared to the site. The only aggravation is that I can't get to the full site on my phone.

I would go to the site on the phone, click "Full Site," log in, fail, log in again, where I'm taken back to the mobile site. If I click "Full Site" again, it sends me back to the main page, and I'm not logged in
Old Mar 20, 2016, 10:15 am
Original Member

Programs: United Premier 1K, American AAdvantage Gold
The airline was never envisioned to be this size. It was supposed to be a niche carrier, offering better service at lower fares, somewhere between DL, AA, UA, and WN. They launched with slots at JFK, obtained with the help of NY Senator Chuck Schumer, in return for a promise to offer low fares to upstate cities who were getting gouged by US Air ($500 RT BUF-NYC). Their inaugural flight, I seem to recall, was JFK-BUF, for $29 each way. Industry consolidation has effectively made them a network carrier, but their systems do not reflect this. Hence, these constant computer issues. The generally pleasant customer service is running out of the ability to mitigate dissatisfaction with a very low on time performance, last minute cancellations (fed by a lack of spare equipment), and fares which are often higher than the major carriers, even in FC. The disproportionate number of flights routed through JFK also hurts OTP (although there appears to be an effort to keep the 190's out of the JFK hub, in their own loop). Management seems out of its depth. The other morning, at PBI, around 7 AM, my flight to HPN was delayed one hour, because the light had gone out on the emergency exit. It took one hour to locate a battery for it. That aircraft was probably late all day. My last 3 flights have had a combined total of 6 hours in delays, none weather related. While we were sitting there, at an adjacent gate they were advising passengers going to EWR, that they were delayed because they couldn't board until they found a missing crew member. The website is simply the tip of the iceberg.
Old Mar 24, 2016, 8:02 am

My biggest complaint with the site is when I book through my company's travel site my reservations don't show up when I login to my trueblue account even though they have my number on file. They do show up on the iOS app though... Strangest thing is it will show my next trip on the homepage when I login but if I click manage flights it's not there...
Old Mar 24, 2016, 11:10 am

I just called them and they claimed they knew of no previous or current glitches on their website - outrageous! I just logged in to check if I added my KTN to my trip next week. Now I'm realizing that they lost my seat assignment, which includes my purchase of EMS. Naturally there are no move seats except for row 25 on a E190, so I'm yelling at some poor customer service person that can't understand what happened. The website currently won't even let me get to the page to assign seats or add additional traveler info. I've got another trip in EMS next week so I look forward to the nerve-racking experience of trying to check in so I don't lose my seat by the time I get to the airport!
Old Mar 25, 2016, 9:44 am

Programs: Mosaic 2, Bonvoy Gold, Hilton Diamond, Hyatt Globalist, Premium Cabin free agent
Is it a glitch that Mint can't be booked with points? The other day it was available but now it is not even though seats are still for sale at the lower inventory bucket.
Old Mar 25, 2016, 10:38 am
Original Member

Programs: United Premier 1K, American AAdvantage Gold
The whole revenue accounting/IT setup is a problem. The website freezes when it gets busy. Administratively, they book add ons like EMS in one stream, ticket revenue in another, and award travel in another. On a couple of occasions, when I have had to make changes, I ended up with three different people. No one person could handle all aspects of a single ticket once it involved things beyond just a revenue ticket. Pre check enrollees may recall that after they adopted the program, although digital smartphone boarding passes worked immediately, it took nearly half a year to get the IT system to accommodate printed boarding passes.
Old Mar 26, 2016, 10:35 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Marriott Platinum, JetBlue Mosaic, Hilton Silver
Originally Posted by deelmakur
The airline was never envisioned to be this size. It was supposed to be a niche carrier, offering better service at lower fares, somewhere between DL, AA, UA, and WN. They launched with slots at JFK, obtained with the help of NY Senator Chuck Schumer, in return for a promise to offer low fares to upstate cities who were getting gouged by US Air ($500 RT BUF-NYC). Their inaugural flight, I seem to recall, was JFK-BUF, for $29 each way. Industry consolidation has effectively made them a network carrier, but their systems do not reflect this. Hence, these constant computer issues. The generally pleasant customer service is running out of the ability to mitigate dissatisfaction with a very low on time performance, last minute cancellations (fed by a lack of spare equipment), and fares which are often higher than the major carriers, even in FC. The disproportionate number of flights routed through JFK also hurts OTP (although there appears to be an effort to keep the 190's out of the JFK hub, in their own loop). Management seems out of its depth. The other morning, at PBI, around 7 AM, my flight to HPN was delayed one hour, because the light had gone out on the emergency exit. It took one hour to locate a battery for it. That aircraft was probably late all day. My last 3 flights have had a combined total of 6 hours in delays, none weather related. While we were sitting there, at an adjacent gate they were advising passengers going to EWR, that they were delayed because they couldn't board until they found a missing crew member. The website is simply the tip of the iceberg.
I like your perspective though not sure I agree about the E190s. I think the majority of them run through JFK and BOS. I also agree that senior management, and not just Robin Hayes, needs an overhaul in the near future to give this airline staying power.
Old Mar 27, 2016, 10:11 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by danib62
My biggest complaint with the site is when I book through my company's travel site my reservations don't show up when I login to my trueblue account even though they have my number on file. They do show up on the iOS app though... Strangest thing is it will show my next trip on the homepage when I login but if I click manage flights it's not there...
Ive had this exact same issue. Soooo frustrating.
Old Mar 30, 2016, 7:13 pm

Programs: Hilton Diamond/IHG Platinum/DL Plutononium
Latest IT bug....

I paid for an EMS seat (had an unassigned seat with no seat available at booking). When checking in I opted to pay for the EMS seat, entered my CC info and got a message saying:

"We were not able to assign you a seat, but your card was charged. Please print your receipt and see a Jet Blue crewmember at the airport for a seat assignment. Please do not attempt another online/kiosk check in to avoid being charged again. Thank you!"

Just great... they're going to give me one of those hidden EMS seats in the E-190!
Old Mar 30, 2016, 8:40 pm

Programs: American Gold, Marriott Gold, Hilton Silver
Well, at least they're admitting that their site is clunky.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.