Community
Wiki Posts
Search

BOS-EWR!!!

Search this Thread

Old Sep 24, 2010, 11:02 pm

Programs: DL, National, Marriott, Hilton
Originally Posted by sbm12
The Port Authority Bus Terminal is between 8 & 9th Avenues and 40 & 42nd streets in Manhattan.
I see...not too far from Times Square actually.
Old Sep 25, 2010, 6:21 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Originally Posted by N639DL
I see...not too far from Times Square actually.
Indeed, especially as it borders the area commonly known as Times Square. I t would be hard to get much closer.
Old Oct 8, 2010, 1:24 pm

Programs: Marriott Bonvoy Lifetime Gold (Current Platinum), United Mileage Plus, Avis Preferred
Starts on or after May 4, 2011

Looks like the this service won't start until at May 4, 2011. B6 site allows booking through May 3, 2011, and currently BOS is not a valid destination from EWR, and vice versa.
Old Oct 10, 2010, 8:36 pm
Original Poster

Programs: OnePass, AAdvantage, TrueBlue, HHonors
Originally Posted by JohnneeO
Looks like the this service won't start until at May 4, 2011. B6 site allows booking through May 3, 2011, and currently BOS is not a valid destination from EWR, and vice versa.
Obviously its not a valid city b/c of the current schedule restrictions. When the next extention is done (Probably some time closer to Thanksgiving), you'll see EWR show up as a viable booking city for BOS passengers.
Old Oct 11, 2010, 6:22 am

Originally Posted by Seat13c
Obviously its not a valid city b/c of the current schedule restrictions. When the next extention is done (Probably some time closer to Thanksgiving), you'll see EWR show up as a viable booking city for BOS passengers.
I've heard that the next extension will be in October. Still 3 weeks left for that to be true.
Old Oct 11, 2010, 7:53 pm

Programs: DL, National, Marriott, Hilton
Originally Posted by JohnneeO
Maybe it just hasn't been uploaded into the schedule yet.
Old Oct 18, 2010, 10:05 am

Tickets are on sale now. Introductory sale price of $49 o/w isn't bad at all. The fare structure pretty much maxes out - short of last seat availability - at $303++ o/w, while CO currently has $415 o/w as their lowest fare in the market.

To say that this service will kill the CO cash cow on that route is an understatement.
Old Oct 18, 2010, 5:00 pm

Programs: Continental One Pass
Originally Posted by sbm12
Tickets are on sale now. Introductory sale price of $49 o/w isn't bad at all. The fare structure pretty much maxes out - short of last seat availability - at $303++ o/w, while CO currently has $415 o/w as their lowest fare in the market.

To say that this service will kill the CO cash cow on that route is an understatement.
Can't wait for this to start.
Old Oct 18, 2010, 11:29 pm

Programs: jetBlue TrueBlue, AAdvantage
Looks like introductory prices are $39, which they have quite a few of for the beginning. Looks like the service is on the E90 which I am assuming will change to A320 if the route is really successful. CAL uses 737s for all but 2 (other two operated by Express Jet Colgan Air Q400) of its daily flights EWR-BOS. Now I am a huge fan of JFK especially for T5 and all three airports about the same difference roughly from my parents house, so I think I may try to land at EWR when I come home in the spring from school.
Old May 13, 2011, 6:52 pm

I have already done 4 sectors on this route into EWR and it appears to be doing well. Looks like they are getting alot of late minute bookings as all flights were 50-70% full a week before flight, and went out full so they would be getting some good yield here. They just serve the "express" food/drink options, with OJ/Tea/Coffee/Water with Cookies/Cashews in the morning, and Soft Drink/Water with Cookies,Cashew in the evening.

On all occasions we arrived into Newark 10-15mins early too.

The evening (6.20) departure might become an A320 weekdays, seems to be potential.
Old May 14, 2011, 10:13 am

Programs: jetBlue TrueBlue, Marriott Rewards, Hilton Honors Diamond
I've worked several BOS-EWR in the past 2 weeks and I've had loads over 80 each way. Customers seem thrilled that we are on the route now and it seems to be preforming very well. I wouldn't be surprised to see a few of the flights upgraded to a 320.
Old May 14, 2011, 7:36 pm

Programs: Trueblue, Skymiles, AAdvantage
Originally Posted by JetBlueFA
I've worked several BOS-EWR in the past 2 weeks and I've had loads over 80 each way. Customers seem thrilled that we are on the route now and it seems to be preforming very well. I wouldn't be surprised to see a few of the flights upgraded to a 320.
This is great news, how are BOS-DCA and BOS-BWI preforming?
Old May 15, 2011, 7:14 am

Programs: jetBlue TrueBlue, Marriott Rewards, Hilton Honors Diamond
Originally Posted by Brigri
This is great news, how are BOS-DCA and BOS-BWI preforming?
Both have good loads based on the flights I have worked and commuted on. I've seen DC flights full and then I've seen DC flights empty. I think it is going to take a while to make major inroads into DCA because of how entrenched DL and US are with the Shuttles.
Old May 15, 2011, 7:35 am

Programs: trueblue ,mileageplus skymiles, hilton honors silver
EWR-BOS

I was on one of them a couple of weeks ago and it was full . I wonder if the 9$ fares helped .
Old May 15, 2011, 1:34 pm
Suspended

The idea is to provide some sort of "shuttle" service BOS-EWR?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.