Community
Wiki Posts
Search

TrueBlue Issue

Search this Thread

Old Aug 27, 2010, 9:42 am
Original Poster

TrueBlue Issue

As I mentioned in another thread, I recently traveled roundtrip JFK-SJU on B6. Since it's been more than a week since my departure date, I checked my TrueBlue account to see if at least the points for that flight had posted. I noticed that the base points had posted, but not the bonus points for booking online.

I called JetBlue customer service and was put on hold as the agent presumably spoke with TrueBlue. She then told me that the system was not giving me the online points because I had phoned B6 to claim credits when the fare dropped (a not-heavily-advertised policy of which I became aware through this forum). She said it was a mistake and that the bonus points would be forthcoming.

I was banking on using my accumulated points for a specific flight in the near future but now I cannot because I may have to wait up to a few weeks (according to the agent) as this error is resolved. I mentioned this and asked if any additional points are given to customers who are victims of TrueBlue errors, as a gesture of goodwill. I was told no. After the call, I looked at the T&C and found that I the traveler am "responsible for ensuring that Points earned are properly credited." Fair enough, but I'm still disappointed that this error may force me to alter how I pay for my next trip.

Also, the phone call to claim credits was for my return flight, not my departure flight, so I am mystified as to how this happened. (It hasn't been a full week since my return trip yet, so I'll see if the same problem arises with my return points).

Has anyone ever had a similar problem?
Old Aug 27, 2010, 3:17 pm
Suspended

Programs: magsetleVE
Wow, I didn't even know that happens! What a mess. =/

But to answer your question, when we honor the lower fare, if you haven't flown a portion of your flight yet, it exchanges out your whole ticket. Which then made it show as the whole ticket booked by an agent, not done online.

If you feel comfortable PMing me your TB# (and I'd understand if you don't!) I'm in the center today and I'd happily walk over to the TB area and see if someone can expedite it for you.

Good luck!
Old Aug 27, 2010, 5:14 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

<mod>
While I cannot claim or vouch for LiaJB as an official JetBlue representative here, I can vouch for the fact that they are a JetBlue employee. Not sure if that really helps anyone or not, but given the solicitation of the TB data I wanted to make sure that was clear to the community.
-sbm12
</mod>
Old Aug 27, 2010, 5:56 pm
Suspended

Thanks for the vouch. =)

And even with that, I can totally understand privacy practices, and not wanting to share. But since I'm sitting 40 feet away from the TB desks, figured I'd offer.
Old Sep 17, 2010, 2:16 pm
Original Poster

Just wanted to give an update.

First off, thanks for the support/sympathy.

Unfortunately, the issue remains largely unresolved. While my account has been properly credited, my traveling companions are still missing large chunks of TrueBlue points.

Since I first posted, I've followed up with JetBlue twice. What's puzzling about this issue -- both to me and to JetBlue -- is that the errors in crediting the points are largely inconsistent.

To give a recap of the situation: I flew roundtrip from JFK to SJU in August, with 4 family members on the same itinerary. Two of us had previously flown JetBlue and gave our TrueBlue numbers when booking. The three others were flying JetBlue for the first time. After the flights were completed, each of them registered with TrueBlue and submitted a missing points request. As I noted in my original post, my points did not post correctly -- even though I had given my TB number. I was missing the bonus points (see my original post in the thread for an explanation). That issue was resolved for me and for my traveling companion who already had a TB number.

What is really bizarre is what happened with the accounts of the three flyers who joined TB after our flights. Each of them is missing segments and/or online bonus points. Yet they're not all missing the same points. Some have them for the flight out of JFK but not for the flight back. Some have bonus points while others' remain uncredited.

In speaking with customer service representatives and even a TB supervisor, I was told that I may have to wait several weeks for the issue to be resolved. Again, I was told that the new database/reservations system continues to be problematic. They were good enough to send e-mails to the appropriate departments (IT? TB?) to try to get the issue resolved, but all of us were planning on using those points for travel in the near future -- points that we earned but haven't received. Since the point cost of a flight varies much like the dollar cost does, it would be ideal to have those points ASAP.

All in all, I'm thoroughly disappointed by the entire situation. I've never had such a hassle when trying to get FF miles credited, and I can't believe the computer system JetBlue uses seems so buggy.

Any advice on how to proceed, or whether I could get compensated for having to wait so long for my points, is appreciated.
Old Sep 17, 2010, 2:24 pm

Programs: Marriott Plat
Have you tried writing an email to Customer Commitment? That could help. Or if you use Twitter, send a DM to JetBlue.
Old Sep 22, 2010, 10:59 am
Suspended

Send me a PM. I don't work again till Sat, but I'll see what I can do for you, even if it means walking the information over to a lead personally.
Old Sep 22, 2010, 11:05 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA Lifetime PLT, AS MVPG, HH Diamond, NCL Platinum Plus, MSC Diamond
Originally Posted by tickets please
Any advice on how to proceed, or whether I could get compensated for having to wait so long for my points, is appreciated.
It seems a JetBlue employee on FT has already offered to help. That is the path I would follow, if you want the points quickly.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.