Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > JetBlue | TrueBlue
Reload this Page >

JetBlue Schedule Extension Thread

JetBlue Schedule Extension Thread

    Hide Wikipost
Old May 30, 18, 4:14 am   -   Wikipost
Please read: This is a community-maintained wiki post containing the most important information from this thread. You may edit the Wiki once you have been on FT for 90 days and have made 90 posts.
 
Last edit by: sbm12
Wiki Link
A brief (and probably incomplete) history of schedule extensions from JetBlue:
  • 10 June 2018: the schedule extended through 13 February 2019
  • 8 Apr 2018 the schedule extended through 7 January 2019
  • 4 Feb 2018: the schedule extended through 27 October 2018
  • 12 Nov 2017: the schedule extended through 4 September 2018
  • 1 Oct 2017: the schedule extended through 13 June 2018
  • 16 July 2017: the schedule extended through 1 May 2018
  • 4 June 2017: the schedule extended through 14 February 2018
  • 2 April 2017: the schedule extended through 3 January 2018
  • 5 Feb 2017: the schedule extended through 28 October 2017
  • 13 Nov 2016: the schedule extended through 5 September 2017
  • 25 Sep 2016: the schedule extended through 14 June 2017
  • 10 July 2016: the schedule extended through 2 May 2017
  • 5 June 2016: the schedule extended through 15 February 2017
  • 7 February 2016: the schedule extended through 29 October 2016
  • 15 November 2015: the schedule extended through 9 September 2016
  • 4 October 2015: the schedule extended through 15 June 2016
  • 8 July 2015: the schedule extended through 3 May 2016
  • 15 March 2015: the schedule extended through 4 January 2016
  • 24 January 2015: the schedule extended through 24 October 2015
  • 2 November 2014: the schedule extended through 7 September 2015.
  • 14 September 2014: the schedule extended through 17 June 2015.
  • 13 July 2014: the schedule extended through 30 April 2015.
  • 8 June 2014: the schedule extended through 11 February 2015.
  • 6 April 2014: the schedule extended through 5 January 2015.
  • 2 February 2104: the schedule extended through 25 October 2014.
  • 17 November 2013: the schedule extended through 2 September 2014.
  • 29 September 2013: the schedule extended through 18 June 2014.
  • 14 July 2013: the schedule extended through 30 April 2014.
  • 2 June 2013: the schedule extended through 12 February 2014.
  • 3 April 2013: the schedule extended through 6 January 2014.
  • 3 February 2013: the schedule extended through 26 October 2013.
  • 16 December 2012: the schedule extended through 3 September 2013.
  • 30 September 2012: the schedule extended through 19 June 2013.
  • 22 July 2012: the schedule extended through 30 April 2013.
  • 20 May 2012: Schedule extended through 13 February 2013.
  • 25 March 2012: Schedule extended through 6 Jan 2013
  • 19 February 2012: Schedule extended through 27 October 2012
  • 6 November 2011: Schedule extended through 4 September 2012
  • 17 July 2011: Schedule extended through 30 April 2012
  • 26 June 2011: Schedule extended through 15 February 2012
  • 27 April 2011: Schedule extended through 3 January 2012
  • 7 March 2011: Schedule extended through 29 October 2011
  • 18 October 2010: Schedule extended through 6 September 2011
  • 16 August 2010: Schedule extended through 3 May 2011
  • 19 July 2010: Schedule extended through 28 February 2011
  • 19 April 2010: Schedule extended through 4 January 2011
  • 3 December 2009: Schedule extended through 31 October 2010
  • 16 July 2009: Schedule extended through 28 February 2010
  • 8 May 2009: Schedule extended through 4 January 2010
  • 6 March 2009: Schedule extended through 31 October 2009
  • 11 December 2008: Schedule extended through 8 September 2009
  • 5 September 2008: Schedule extended through 30 April 2009
  • 25 April 2008: Schedule extended through 31 January 2009
  • 29 December 2007: Schedule extended through 2 September 2008
  • 3 April 2006: Schedule extended through 31 October 2006
Print Wikipost

Reply

Old Mar 6, 16, 6:55 pm
  #136  
 
Join Date: Dec 2013
Location: IAD, DCA, ORD, IND
Programs: TrueBlue, Rapid Rewards
Posts: 365
Originally Posted by Runner123 View Post
I found out the answer by posting on Facebook. The next extension opens April 3.
For flights through 1/3/17.
FLIHGH is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old Mar 6, 16, 7:24 pm
  #137  
FlyerTalk Evangelist
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: PERMANENTLY TERMINATED ACCOUNT
Posts: 13,905
I don't understand the logic of opening the schedule so late to book holiday flights.
Many (most?) people are booking their Christmas and NYE flights right now. It is high season, no reason to wait for the elusive bargain that never shows up.
Dieuwer is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old Mar 6, 16, 8:43 pm
  #138  
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend
Original Poster
 
Join Date: Apr 2001
Location: NYC
Posts: 69,033
Originally Posted by Dieuwer View Post
I don't understand the logic of opening the schedule so late to book holiday flights.
To reduce the chance of a schedule change which frustrates those same customers and ultimately costs the company more money. Or just because they hate customers, but that's probably not the case, right?

Also, if the fare is going to be the same anyways why give the company money now, 9 months in advance. May as well sit on it rather than advancing it to someone else.

Last edited by sbm12; Mar 6, 16 at 8:49 pm
sbm12 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old Mar 9, 16, 2:16 pm
  #139  
 
Join Date: Apr 2015
Posts: 35
Originally Posted by sbm12 View Post
To reduce the chance of a schedule change which frustrates those same customers and ultimately costs the company more money. Or just because they hate customers, but that's probably not the case, right?

Also, if the fare is going to be the same anyways why give the company money now, 9 months in advance. May as well sit on it rather than advancing it to someone else.
I tend to book as soon as the schedule is released which is normally at most 7 or 8 months early. I've had them cancel flights I was on twice and both times it cost them money. The first time they had to give me a $150 credit for the inconvenience and the second time they put me on a more expensive itinerary for the same cost. There are often schedule/layover changes, but I'm fine with schedule changes (if I ever complained these could cost the company more money as well).

My cancelled flights were September flights. I can understand them waiting on the more expensive / more important December flights.
escapefromnyc004 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old Mar 9, 16, 2:59 pm
  #140  
FlyerTalk Evangelist
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: PERMANENTLY TERMINATED ACCOUNT
Posts: 13,905
Originally Posted by sbm12 View Post
To reduce the chance of a schedule change which frustrates those same customers and ultimately costs the company more money. Or just because they hate customers, but that's probably not the case, right?

Also, if the fare is going to be the same anyways why give the company money now, 9 months in advance. May as well sit on it rather than advancing it to someone else.
AA, DL, and UA open their schedule approx. 330 days in advance. They must dumb according to your logic.
Dieuwer is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old Mar 9, 16, 3:57 pm
  #141  
2019 FlyerTalk Awards
 
Join Date: Apr 2003
Programs: B6 Mosaic, SPG LT Platinum, UA SIlver, VX eleVAte Gold (RIP)
Posts: 4,178
Originally Posted by Dieuwer View Post
AA, DL, and UA open their schedule approx. 330 days in advance. They must dumb according to your logic.
Just because the legacies have been doing that for decades does not make it the best system. Posting a dummy schedule and place holding equipment just so you can potentially sell a seat 330 days in advance makes little sense. The vast majority of seats for carriers which are focused on North America are sold within 2 months of the flight date.
sfozrhfco is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old Mar 9, 16, 4:09 pm
  #142  
FlyerTalk Evangelist
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: PERMANENTLY TERMINATED ACCOUNT
Posts: 13,905
Originally Posted by sfozrhfco View Post
The vast majority of seats for carriers which are focused on North America are sold within 2 months of the flight date.
Not for those seats over the Christmas and NYE Holidays.
Dieuwer is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old Mar 23, 16, 4:34 pm
  #143  
 
Join Date: Mar 2000
Location: BOS
Posts: 2,109
I think they do this intentionally to maximize their revenue. When the legacy carriers release their peak travel seats (i.e. Christmas week, etc.) there are typically some initial "bargains" to be had. For example, my BOS-STT tickets on AA for this past Christmas were $554 each way in First Class. I booked them 331 days out. A week later the F fare was over $900 one way, and coach was $560 one way.

By the time Jet Blue opens their holiday booking window the fares have crept up significantly on the legacy carriers. Jet Blue can and does premium price at this point since they are in the ballpark of where the legacy carriers have gone with pricing on their remaining seats. A lot of the supply is gone at that point!

So I go through this dilemma every year - do I book the AA first class connection when it goes on sale, or roll the dice that Jet Blue's non-stop will have some reasonably priced seats when they open for booking. For this past Christmas I went with the AA connection, which at least price wise was the right choice since Jet Blue came out with $800 one way fares once EMS was added in. So $554 in AA in first with a connection versus Jet Blue EMS for $800 non-stop. They are no dummies...
BeantownFlyer is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old Mar 23, 16, 5:03 pm
  #144  
FlyerTalk Evangelist
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: PERMANENTLY TERMINATED ACCOUNT
Posts: 13,905
Originally Posted by BeantownFlyer View Post
By the time Jet Blue opens their holiday booking window the fares have crept up significantly on the legacy carriers. Jet Blue can and does premium price at this point since they are in the ballpark of where the legacy carriers have gone with pricing on their remaining seats. A lot of the supply is gone at that point!
And a lot of demand is gone too. Your point?
If JetBlue does not want to discount holiday airfare, they can open their schedule 331 days in advance and charge a premium regardless.
Dieuwer is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old Mar 24, 16, 4:09 am
  #145  
 
Join Date: Mar 2000
Location: BOS
Posts: 2,109
The demand is there - at least from Boston where they are the dominant carrier and have the only nonstop service to many vacation destinations.
BeantownFlyer is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old Mar 26, 16, 10:53 am
  #146  
 
Join Date: Sep 2013
Location: East Coast, USA
Posts: 977
Looks like BOS-LAX MINT flights are not loaded yet (promised Oct 20)? May be at the next extension date? For now, I've been "positioning" LAX-SFO flight/train/bus/car just to get the MINT to/from BOS.
radiowell is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old Apr 2, 16, 2:04 pm
  #147  
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Posts: 563
This is not clear from the wiki at the top. When does the schedule open? At midnight on the selected date? Some other time?

Thanks.
flyerwma is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old Apr 3, 16, 7:27 am
  #148  
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: BOS (but will use MHT on occasion)
Programs: AAdvantage, United MileagePlus, TrueBlue, Alaska Airlines Mileage Plan (starting 2016)
Posts: 547
Originally Posted by flyerwma View Post
This is not clear from the wiki at the top. When does the schedule open? At midnight on the selected date? Some other time?

Thanks.

The schedule change for today extending to early Jan 2017 opens at noon EST.
adambisi is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old Apr 3, 16, 11:48 am
  #149  
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Posts: 59
It's 1:48pm here in NYC and I cannot book a December flight to SJU. Anyone know what's up?
Harmoncove is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old Apr 3, 16, 12:53 pm
  #150  
dw
 
Join Date: Jun 1999
Location: New York, NY
Programs: AA Plat, IHG Spire Amb/Kimpton IC, Marriott/SPG (New) Plat
Posts: 4,447
Seems to be loaded into the GDS (schedules and fare bucket availability is now on ExpertFlyer), but not yet bookable anywhere yet for some reason.
dw is offline  
Reply With Quote

Thread Tools
Search this Thread