Wiki Posts
Search

jetblue interview process

Search this Thread

Old Apr 9, 2010, 3:50 am
Original Poster

jetblue interview process

Hi all,

I just completed an in person interview at the Jetblue counter on Wednesday, for the part-time airport operations position. They had me take the drug test, and mentioned that there was a third party, that would perform the background check. How long does this take? Are there anymore steps to take? When they do a background check, does that mean you're hired, if the check comes out clean?
Old Apr 9, 2010, 7:22 am

Programs: WN CP & A list, FL Elite, B6, Hilton Honors VIP, Marriott Gold
My company (not jetblue) does a background check on candidates once they are to be hired. I assume you filled out release paperwork. Jetblue would not spend the $ on a back check and drug test if they were not serious about hiring you.

In my opinion, as long as you dont have any record, you got the job.
Old Apr 9, 2010, 8:21 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Welcome to FlyerTalk!

To contradict the above post, I have a good friend and FTer who recently applied to be an FA with a US-based carrier. They did the drug test and background check and then eventually disqualified him for being too tall, something they knew about from the very beginning of the process. So companies will run those processes in parallel in many cases and only reconcile all the data at the end. I wouldn't consider it a sure thing until the call comes in.
Old Apr 9, 2010, 11:04 am

Programs: jetBlue TrueBlue, Marriott Rewards, Hilton Honors Diamond
I was hired about 4 years ago so I don't remember everything. I believe that we took the drug test at the time of the interview as well but didn't start the background check until we were selected and offered a position with the company. The background check can take any where from 2 weeks to a month depending on how many jobs or moving you did. They have to trace you through the past 10 years and will want you to account for everything. Mine took longer because I had to find a way to verify employment with a previous airline that went out of business.

What city did you interview in, if I may ask.
Old Apr 9, 2010, 2:09 pm

Programs: Marriott Plat
Congrats on the interview! If you've filled out the background check form (when I joined it was through USIS) I suspect you probably have the job (assuming the BG check comes back clean). It took a few weeks, and they did call through all my references etc. If you check with the recruiter, I'm sure they can give you more info.
Old Apr 10, 2010, 10:54 am
Original Poster

Thanks for all the replies! I don't want to mention the city I interviewed in, until I hear back. Hopefully I'll have good news!!!
Old Apr 11, 2010, 7:38 pm

The most important thing is to get them a copy of your high school diploma. I left it up to the background check company and I almost lost my chance at the job. If they are doing the background check, they will hire you if you pass.
Old Apr 17, 2010, 12:54 pm

Programs: Starwood, HHonors
I don't know if it's different for the AO/GO folks but, I know they do not like to extend an offer of employment until the results from the background and drug screen are back. But if you got that far and have nothing to worry about in the check or test you will likely be offered employment. I remember it taking awhile, but I think the level of 'checking' varies with the position you applied for.

Training will be in Orlando, I have no ideal how long the AO people stay for...Maybe a few weeks?
Old Apr 18, 2010, 12:47 am

Programs: *A Silver, AA Gold + Miles Scattered Everywhere.
Originally Posted by rightseat
Training will be in Orlando, I have no ideal how long the AO people stay for...Maybe a few weeks?
I worked as AO at SEA (Seasonal) in 2007. I thought i was a shoe-in after the drug screen and background check, but i was wrong. They actually chose another candidate over me at first and then about a month later they called me to offer me a position....

training was around 2.5 weeks in Orlando. Paid for my hotel and $40 per day per diem. Not bad at all..it was like a mini-vacation for me. The training was super easy(but they used navisoft and flight speed then).they just switched over to Sabre so it might be more complicated now. There were a couple online tests and that's about it. Weekends off to do whatever you please. Your flight benefits are activated the first day of training...so you could go somewhere if you so desire. just make sure you get back in time

speaking of jetblue jobs.. I applied for a position at corporate a month and a half ago and still have yet to hear anything. I even had a buddy of mine who works at HQ write me a recommendation..he says that the HR dept is sometimes a bit slow...
Old Apr 21, 2010, 4:05 pm

Your flight benefits are activated the first day of training...so you could go somewhere if you so desire. just make sure you get back in time

Oh be careful of that. Three inflight crewmembers were released during training because they used their ID's to go to Miami over a weekend. You're not a JetBlue crewmember until you pass training.

When I was hired 4 years ago I did a drug test at the interview and filled out my background info. The background check was completed while I was in training.
Old Apr 21, 2010, 4:23 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Originally Posted by aaron1262
speaking of jetblue jobs.. I applied for a position at corporate a month and a half ago and still have yet to hear anything. I even had a buddy of mine who works at HQ write me a recommendation..he says that the HR dept is sometimes a bit slow...
It took me a lot longer than that to hear back from them at one point. It seems they don't have much urgency in many cases.
Old Apr 21, 2010, 6:51 pm

Programs: jetBlue TrueBlue, Marriott Rewards, Hilton Honors Diamond
Originally Posted by flying4aliving
Your flight benefits are activated the first day of training...so you could go somewhere if you so desire. just make sure you get back in time

Oh be careful of that. Three inflight crewmembers were released during training because they used their ID's to go to Miami over a weekend. You're not a JetBlue crewmember until you pass training.

When I was hired 4 years ago I did a drug test at the interview and filled out my background info. The background check was completed while I was in training.
We must have been hired around the same time as I just celebrated my 4th year at Jetblue back in Feb. I believe that I did the drug testing while at the review in FSC then when they selected me and informed me I would be going to training I had to start gathering everything for my background check. I believe that my check was done well before I went down to MCO for training. I don't remember exactly how things played out but I think that was the general flow of events for me and those hired from my review.
Old Apr 22, 2010, 11:22 am

Benefits???

Originally Posted by aaron1262
I also did a drug test and not sure about background check, but it sounds promising. Still waiting. The drug test was last Wednesday, I did immediately after the interview. How long should I wait til they call me? I have a clean record.

Also, the position is part-time Airport Operations Clerk. Does that mean we get free flights anywhere anytime, no limits? Even part-timers? What do you usually do to board a flight, show ID?

Thanks.
Old Apr 22, 2010, 11:53 am

Programs: Marriott Titanium, Hilton Diamond, United Airlines Gold
Originally Posted by reserved
Also, the position is part-time Airport Operations Clerk. Does that mean we get free flights anywhere anytime, no limits? Even part-timers? What do you usually do to board a flight, show ID?

Thanks.
You can fly unlimited flights on JetBlue, even as a part time crewmember. You list for your flights on our nonrev listing website and check in, it's that easy. Also, as an airport operations crewmember your station will have local station agreements with other airlines for you to travel on domestically and internationally.

Good luck!
Old Apr 22, 2010, 12:01 pm

Programs: Marriott Plat
Originally Posted by reserved
I also did a drug test and not sure about background check, but it sounds promising. Still waiting. The drug test was last Wednesday, I did immediately after the interview. How long should I wait til they call me? I have a clean record.

Thanks.
If you move forward, you'll get an email from the background check company with the forms to fill out. Good luck!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.