Community
Wiki Posts
Search

HPN-AUA?

Search this Thread

Old Jan 31, 2010, 1:28 pm
Original Poster

HPN-AUA?

heard a rumor...hpn-aua nonstop? any truth?
Old Jan 31, 2010, 4:22 pm

Programs: AS MVPG
If flights to/from AUA require a USCIS capable station, then no since HPN lacks those facilities. If AUA pax are able to clear US customs/immigration in AUA itself (like Air Canada pax do at YYZ for US-bound flights) then it's a possibility. I'd personally be surprised if the HPN market could support such service in the first place though.

Personally I wish they'd add flights to BOS so we could access B6 flights to the west coast without having to drive down to JFK...
Old Jan 31, 2010, 5:08 pm
Original Poster

aua does have customs & immigration clearance, but b6 does have 2 a day from jfk to aua and it wouldnt surprise me if they added this route, especially in busy travel seasons, especially considering how many people from NY go to aruba during those times of year
Old Jan 31, 2010, 5:13 pm

Programs: Trueblue, Skymiles, AAdvantage
Might make sense to get away from the JFK runway construction.....
Old Jan 31, 2010, 6:09 pm

Programs: Marriott Plat
Isn't HPN slotted? Don't think there's any room left.
Old Feb 1, 2010, 6:23 am
Original Poster

not sure about availability or anything. i just heard they were talkin about this route. im praying they add this, but all i heard was it was being looked into. unfortunately dont remember where i heard it

also...my other question was: is this route even possbible? to have an A320 fully loaded with people and fuel on the short runway at hpn for a 5 hour flight? maybe someone knows if this route would even be possible?
Old Feb 1, 2010, 11:43 am
Original Poster

i have a post i created yesterday that I heard they were looking to add HPN-AUA nonstop. AUA has the customs clearance there and the market, especially in the winter for people in the white plains area to aruba is huge...not sure if this was serious when i heard it or if its even possible to get an A320 fully loaded with enough fuel for a 5 hour flight out of HPN but im hoping this gets done....
Old Feb 1, 2010, 7:10 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA Gold AAdvantage Elite, Rapids Reward
Originally Posted by amejr999
Isn't HPN slotted? Don't think there's any room left.
No. There is no slots restrictions in HPN.
Old Feb 1, 2010, 8:50 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Random point-to-point service like HPN-AUA would make no sense, especially since there are already 2 roundtrips a day to serve the NYC market.
Old Feb 2, 2010, 12:10 am

Programs: JetBlue TrueBlue, AAdvantage, Rapid Rewards, Sky Miles, SPG, Marriott Rewards, HHonors, Hertz
Originally Posted by nerd
Random point-to-point service like HPN-AUA would make no sense, especially since there are already 2 roundtrips a day to serve the NYC market.
Not random if the numbers were crunched and it makes sense - even if 1x weekly; if there's a market that can command profitable fares, it makes sense.
Old Feb 2, 2010, 12:18 am

Originally Posted by N830MH
No. There is no slots restrictions in HPN.
There are passenger restrictions at HPN although it is not a traditional departure/arrival slot system. B6 would have to cancel current service to add AUA at HPN.
Old Feb 2, 2010, 4:41 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by jetBlueNYFL
Not random if the numbers were crunched and it makes sense - even if 1x weekly; if there's a market that can command profitable fares, it makes sense.
Exactly. And I am saying after crunching the numbers, it would probably not make sense.
Old Feb 2, 2010, 5:05 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

What is random about it? Is it any more or less random than HPN-MCO? Pretty much all the HPN traffic is O/D so they simply would put in the flights that make sense to run based on that.

As for HPN-AUA, I do wonder if the 2000 meter runway at HPN has something to do with it. That is basically right at the limit for a fully loaded A320. The bird doesn't need to be 100% loaded for the route so maybe not, but it is close.
Old Feb 2, 2010, 5:21 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by sbm12
Is it any more or less random than HPN-MCO?
Sure. MCO's a focus city. You can connect there.
Old Feb 2, 2010, 6:31 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Sure. MCO's a focus city. You can connect there.
Fair enough. HPN-TPA or HPN-RSW or HPN-PBI?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.