Community
Wiki Posts
Search

In-Flight Internet?

Search this Thread

Old Apr 27, 2010, 8:29 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Originally Posted by JMG5575
tough to argue statistics without knowing all the parameters used. Power is important. Time of flight, type of customer breakdown is a factor.
The stats I'm referring to are from UA on their p.s. fleet. There is power on all those planes. Flights operate 5-6x daily throughout the day. Most presume that the route draws a premium transcon customer, though I'm not as convinced of that. Either way, transcon passengers on a route that doesn't offer a lot of connections at either end are more likely to be folks who are more sensitive to total travel time, which roughly correlates to folks who like to be connected more.
Old Apr 30, 2010, 1:54 pm

Programs: AA EP, Hyatt DIA
Hasn't WN committed to rolling out WiFi fleetwide in the coming months after the resounding success of their pilot program?

It would seem that at least one carrier has a clientele that's willing to make the new offering a sound business decision.
Old Apr 30, 2010, 7:40 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Originally Posted by Keegan99
Hasn't WN committed to rolling out WiFi fleetwide in the coming months after the resounding success of their pilot program?
Yes, the Row44 system, though they have not yet announced pricing.

Originally Posted by Keegan99
It would seem that at least one carrier has a clientele that's willing to make the new offering a sound business decision.
They will be the fourth carrier (at least) to announce a fleet-wide deployment and the third carrier (at least) to actually accomplish such.

DL committed to a fleet-wide deployment for their domestic fleet. the roll-out is in progress. FL and VX are already fully deployed. UA, US, YX/F9, AA and a few others have committed to partial fleet deployments. CO has indicated a trial of gogo on their 753s; the 73E trial of KiteLine is now dead.

JetBlue could go with KiteLine Global, a 128Kbit service that would almost certainly be free to customers and inexpensive to install and operate or they could agree to a contract with Row44 or Aircell. Or they could come up with something completely different. There is always the OnAir option, though they do not operate in the USA yet AFAIK.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.