Wiki Posts
Search

HND (Haneda) hotels for a quick overnight

Search this Thread

Old Dec 2, 2023, 7:44 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend
Original Poster

HND (Haneda) hotels for a quick overnight

@MoDs If there is an existing thread on this topic, please merge.

I am flying into HND in about 2 weeks and leaving the next morning, so I'm trying to find a hotel that I can walk or shuttle to. Budget is a consideration because I don't plan on spending more than about 8 hours in the room (and won't be sticking around for breakfast), but convenience trumps all. When I search on ctrip, expedia, or agoda, I see lots of options in the $100 range, but it's difficult for me to ascertain the pros and cons of each.

I'm flying in on MU and out on JL, if that matters.

Thanks.

md
Old Dec 2, 2023, 7:48 am

Only 8 hours? Generally, the airport hotel in T3's a good option, but it's kind'a pricey for 8 hours, I suppose. While this was before the pandemic, in a similar situation, I had spent the time in the Haneda tube airport hotel. If available, I'd probably opt for it in this situation.
Old Dec 2, 2023, 8:44 am

Programs: American Express got a hit man lookin' for me
The closest options, next to the expensive on-site hotels, are the Keikyu Ex Inn and Hotel Metropolitan at Tenkubashi Station. They are a longish outdoor walk or a one-stop train ride from T3, and they price at around $100.
turnips and pudgym29 like this.
Old Dec 2, 2023, 9:22 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by joejones
The closest options, next to the expensive on-site hotels, are the Keikyu Ex Inn and Hotel Metropolitan at Tenkubashi Station. They are a longish outdoor walk or a one-stop train ride from T3, and they price at around $100.
I ended up putting this on hold:

It's about $80 more than the offsite options, but appears to be idiot proof. I can still cancel it if you guys think it's a bad place, but since it appears be located in T3 itself (which both my inbound and outbound use), it seems to make sense for me. In theory, I could be more adventurous, and I don't really mind hotel shuttles, but my current thinking is to focus on getting to Florida in style.
Visconti and mnbp like this.
Old Dec 2, 2023, 9:27 am

It's a good airport hotel. They're professional, rooms are clean, and no surprises. Pretty good price at $180; I recall paying up to close to $300 for it. As I (we) all get older, mind as well spurge a little, since we can't "take it with us."
Old Dec 2, 2023, 12:41 pm
Senior Moderator, Moderator: Community Buzz and Ambassador: Miles & More (Lufthansa, Austrian, Swiss, and other partners)

Programs: LH SEN** HH Diamond
I believe the Royal Park Hotel used to have a transit (airside) section but it was obviously closed during the pandemic and it looks like it has not re-opened.

In addition to the Royal Park there are Villa Fontaine Grand (linked to T3) and Haneda Excel Hotel Tokyu (linked to T2) but they both appear to be more expensive than the Royal Park.
Old Dec 2, 2023, 1:18 pm

Cheapest onsite option would be the First Cabin in terminal 1 (capsule hostel with all the standard drawbacks) which usually runs about US$50.

Otherwise the Royal Park seems to be the cheapest onsite option with a private bathroom and actual soundproofing from other guests.

If you want both a low price and a private bathroom then this would require accepting the need for a short train ride and book an offsite business hotel in kamata/kawasaki etc
Old Dec 2, 2023, 1:59 pm

Programs: Delta Gold 1MM, JAL JGC Diamond, Marriott LT Titanium
The Hotel Villa Fontaine Grand Haneda Airport is directly connected to Terminal 3. Longer walk than the Royal Park Haneda (~7 min walk, all indoors), but the rate should be cheaper and most rates includes an entry ticket to the onsite onsen.
Old Dec 2, 2023, 6:22 pm

Programs: American Express got a hit man lookin' for me
Yeah, with a bit more time I would pick the Villa Fontaine just for the onsen, but with only 8 hours you don't have much time for that and should probably prioritize maximizing time in bed.
Old Dec 2, 2023, 11:13 pm

Programs: SQ, QF, UA, CO, DL
Originally Posted by Daytona
The Hotel Villa Fontaine Grand Haneda Airport is directly connected to Terminal 3. Longer walk than the Royal Park Haneda (~7 min walk, all indoors), but the rate should be cheaper and most rates includes an entry ticket to the onsite onsen.
Just my experience but when I book Villa Fontaine the onsen is an optional additional charge, discounted for hotel guests. Because I don't book the onsen when I check in the kiosk spits out a discount coupon for it anyway.

moondog I have used Villa Fontaine several times this year. For me it was always cheaper than Royal Park. Regardless of which hotel you choose, try checking hopper and trivago to make sure you get the best rates. Hopper has some good rates for Japan, just don't accept any of their add-on options. For the Villa Fontaine, pay attention to the checkout time, they offer slightly different rates for checkout at 9 am and a tad more to checkout at 11 am. Keep a copy handy, one time they thought my price of 110 was too low and had to be a 9 am checkout. It wasn't. There is a 24 hour convenience store in the basement which you will walk by as you go to the hotel which is, well, convenient.
Old Dec 3, 2023, 2:40 am

Programs: AY, SQ, EK
Originally Posted by Agneisse
Cheapest onsite option would be the First Cabin in terminal 1 (capsule hostel with all the standard drawbacks) which usually runs about US$50.

Otherwise the Royal Park seems to be the cheapest onsite option with a private bathroom and actual soundproofing from other guests.

If you want both a low price and a private bathroom then this would require accepting the need for a short train ride and book an offsite business hotel in kamata/kawasaki etc
Stayed at a capsule hotel at HND a few years ago - must have been this one.

Arrived at HND early in the morning, but Royal Park was full. Had not done proper planning and needed a few hours of sleep during the day. Thought the capsule hotel was fine - admittedly this was during the day and I did not see anyone else at the facility.
Old Dec 3, 2023, 2:58 am

Originally Posted by joejones
I recommend the Keikyu Ex Inn at Innovation City. It's quite new, very quiet and free bath onsite. The Hotel Metropolitan only just opened but looks fantastic as well. Book directly with either for a better price than Booking etc. I don't mind the walk but definitely recommend the train or monorail if there's luggage involved.
Old Dec 3, 2023, 5:16 am

Programs: Tokyo Monorail Diamond-Encrusted-Platinum
Originally Posted by NewbieRunner
I believe the Royal Park Hotel used to have a transit (airside) section but it was obviously closed during the pandemic and it looks like it has not re-opened.
It's open. Click "Reservations" on the hotel website, and then select the tab for the transit hotel.
https://www.royalparkhotels.co.jp/the/tokyohaneda/
NewbieRunner likes this.
Old Dec 4, 2023, 6:55 am

Programs: AA PtPro (2 MM); Hilton Diamond; Hertz President Cr; DL SkyMiles; UA MileagePlus
My vote also goes for the Royal Park Hotel at Terminal 3. As OP mentioned there are a lot more reasonable options in the vicinity of HND. But OP only has 8 hrs. and I do not think it is that much worth spending time getting to/from the airport. Stay at Terminal 3 where OP will be departing from. The Royal Park Hotel at Terminal 3, rooms are a little bit on the small side. Rooms are more like Japanese business hotels rather than Western chain hotels. The hotel has a restaurant but Terminal 3 also has restaurants on the non-secure side of the terminal, two of them open 24 hrs. There is also a convenience store Lawson located at 1st. fl. of Terminal 3 (arrival level) open 24 hrs.
Old Dec 4, 2023, 7:11 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by AlwaysAisle
My vote also goes for the Royal Park Hotel at Terminal 3. As OP mentioned there are a lot more reasonable options in the vicinity of HND. But OP only has 8 hrs. and I do not think it is that much worth spending time getting to/from the airport. Stay at Terminal 3 where OP will be departing from. The Royal Park Hotel at Terminal 3, rooms are a little bit on the small side. Rooms are more like Japanese business hotels rather than Western chain hotels. The hotel has a restaurant but Terminal 3 also has restaurants on the non-secure side of the terminal, two of them open 24 hrs. There is also a convenience store Lawson located at 1st. fl. of Terminal 3 (arrival level) open 24 hrs.
Thank you (and others) for your advice. During the each of the past 2 years, I've learned that (free) hotel shuttles often end up being a serious PITA, maybe not $80 in added costs, but certainly $50, and I get an extra hour of sleep.
LapLap and Visconti like this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.