Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Disney Tokyo

Search this Thread

Old Mar 27, 2023, 12:07 am
Original Poster

Disney Tokyo

Was going to buy tickets on the website but notice they don’t offer multi-day tickets anymore. So I have to buy multiple 1-day tickets?
Old Mar 27, 2023, 1:14 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: Falkirk, Scotland,VS Red, BA Gold, HH Diamond,UK Amex Plat
Programs: Master of the Privy Purse des Muccis
Originally Posted by Sandeep1
Was going to buy tickets on the website but notice they don’t offer multi-day tickets anymore. So I have to buy multiple 1-day tickets?
Hi

At the moment, yes.

Regards

Tbs
Old Mar 28, 2023, 4:43 pm

If a person has gone to Disney California (Calif Adventure + DisneyLand) and DisneyWorld (Epcot, Animal Kingdom, etc)

Is it still worth going? I tried watching youtube videos too and many or most attractions are in Japanese (of course) so I might be missing out on understanding things.
How english-speaking-toursists friendly is Disney Tokyo?
Sandeep1 likes this.
Old Mar 28, 2023, 5:03 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by tedders
If a person has gone to Disney California (Calif Adventure + DisneyLand) and DisneyWorld (Epcot, Animal Kingdom, etc)

Is it still worth going? I tried watching youtube videos too and many or most attractions are in Japanese (of course) so I might be missing out on understanding things.
Abso-friggin-lutely! I grew up as someone who went to Disney World every year. And I've now been to all the parks in the world and Disney Tokyo is my favorite (DL California is a close 2nd). There are 2 parks, FYI, and DisneySea is breathtakingly beautiful, and unique. So that's a definite must-do. Only park that has Journey to the Center of the Earth ride and I absolutely love it. The overall atmosphere of that park is just incredible, long lines, but I love it nonetheless.

Disneyland Tokyo is basically your Magic Kingdom at WDW and DL California. So if you were limited on time, you could potentially skip this and just do DisneySea. Disney Tokyo is fairly friendly to English-speaking tourists but you'll need to be patient. The CMs will do their best to help you but of course English isn't their first language but they are extremely friendly, probably the friendliest that you'll find at any Disney park in the world.
The _Banking_Scot and tedders like this.
Old Mar 28, 2023, 5:10 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Hi

Will reply more tomorrow but Disney sea is unique and very enjoyable.

Indiana Jones ride us very good and although the jungle cruise in Disney land tokyo is in Japanese uf you have been on the us version you can guess what the guide is saying ( ie the backside of water joke)

English maps are available and signposts and menus are bilingulal

it is very was to get by and it us enjoyable.

the Easter and Christmas decorations are excellent

regards

tbs
tedders likes this.
Old Mar 28, 2023, 5:37 pm

Abso-friggin-lutely! I grew up as someone who went to Disney World every year. And I've now been to all the parks in the world and Disney Tokyo is my favorite (DL California is a close 2nd). There are 2 parks, FYI, and DisneySea is breathtakingly beautiful, and unique. So that's a definite must-do. Only park that has Journey to the Center of the Earth ride and I absolutely love it. The overall atmosphere of that park is just incredible, long lines, but I love it nonetheless.

Disneyland Tokyo is basically your Magic Kingdom at WDW and DL California. So if you were limited on time, you could potentially skip this and just do DisneySea. Disney Tokyo is fairly friendly to English-speaking tourists but you'll need to be patient. The CMs will do their best to help you but of course English isn't their first language but they are extremely friendly, probably the friendliest that you'll find at any Disney park in the world.
Thank you for the reply!
Gotcha DisneySEA > Disneyland Tokyo for my scenario.

Would you say that you would need one day per park? That's what I did at DisneyWorld, even in the most low season (I went Jan 21-28 this year 2023).
Based on your initial thread question, it seems like it might be the case that I'd need 1 day per park or more

I'm planning to be there in November 2024, hoping for a low season too so that it isn't that busy everywhere.
Sandeep1 likes this.

Last edited by tedders; Mar 28, 2023 at 5:42 pm
Old Mar 28, 2023, 5:39 pm

Originally Posted by The _Banking_Scot
Hi

Will reply more tomorrow but Disney sea is unique and very enjoyable.

Indiana Jones ride us very good and although the jungle cruise in Disney land tokyo is in Japanese uf you have been on the us version you can guess what the guide is saying ( ie the backside of water joke)

English maps are available and signposts and menus are bilingulal

it is very was to get by and it us enjoyable.

the Easter and Christmas decorations are excellent

regards

tbs

Oh okay, my concern was not being able to understand characters talking on rides, or perhaps the stuff you see/hear as you're walking along the ride queues. Completely understandable that Cast Members won't be expected to fully assist in English

I think Disneyland and Disney world have Christmas decorations up earlier in November, is this the case for Disney Tokyo?
Edit: Looks like 2022, Christmas decorations were up Mid-November
Old Mar 28, 2023, 7:14 pm
Original Poster

Thank you for the reply!
Gotcha DisneySEA > Disneyland Tokyo for my scenario.

Would you say that you would need one day per park? That's what I did at DisneyWorld, even in the most low season (I went Jan 21-28 this year 2023).
Based on your initial thread question, it seems like it might be the case that I'd need 1 day per park or more

I'm planning to be there in November 2024, hoping for a low season too so that it isn't that busy everywhere.
Yes one day per park. You can NOT currently park hop. Before Covid, you use to be able to buy a 3 or 4 day ticket which would allow for hopping privileges on the 3rd day or 3rd and 4th days, but that's gone. So currently you buy 1 ticket per day and you have to designate the park you want to visit. So if you want to do both parks, you need 2 days. And whatever you do, avoid the weekends/holidays, Tuesday-Friday preferred.
Old Mar 29, 2023, 6:54 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Hi,

I did like at Disneysea;

The SS Columbia ( can walk to the bow of the ship- on a clear day you can see Mt Fuji)
20,000 league under the sea
The Harbour with water shows during the
the volcano ( Mt Prometheus) with the erruption effects
The plane just as you enter the lost river delta ( reg C3-PO)
Indiana Jones and the Temple of the Crystal skull
Mediteranian Harbour & the American water front
journey to the centre of the earth

Regards

TBS
Old Mar 29, 2023, 3:21 pm
Original Poster

FYI, Disney Tokyo has good food all around but big fan of Vulcania in particular (DisneySea).
Old Mar 30, 2023, 6:24 am

Programs: AA Plat Pro, SPG Gold, Hilton Diamond
Also a big fan of Disney Sea

Just be aware that, if you are used to Disney World and Disneyland, fast passes are a very different experience at Disney Sea

Most popular rides will be gone in minutes

I would strongly recommend doing some looking into how to do them efficiently

I would offer suggestions but I was last there pre-COVID and I'm sure things have changed

The reason I would say budget a full day for each park is that you will be spending time in queues

Generally no problem for us as English speakers in the park though
tedders likes this.
Old Mar 30, 2023, 9:05 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by davidgrahammd
Also a big fan of Disney Sea

Just be aware that, if you are used to Disney World and Disneyland, fast passes are a very different experience at Disney Sea

Most popular rides will be gone in minutes

I would strongly recommend doing some looking into how to do them efficiently

I would offer suggestions but I was last there pre-COVID and I'm sure things have changed

The reason I would say budget a full day for each park is that you will be spending time in queues

Generally no problem for us as English speakers in the park though
They actually got rid of the old fast passes. Now they have what’s called Disney Premier where you can pay 2,000 JPY to skip the queue.
Old Mar 30, 2023, 12:15 pm

Programs: DL PM
I go to theme parks around the world for a living. It's absolutely worth it to go to Tokyo DisneySea. Probably Disneyland also, but if you have to prioritize, head to sea! Everyone has answered your questions very well and very correct, I'll actually be at the parks next week and can answer more if needed. They are being run VERY differently now than pre-Covid so as much as I hope by your visit they will be back to normal, this may be a 'new normal' for the parks.
Old Mar 30, 2023, 1:59 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by sharktums
I go to theme parks around the world for a living. It's absolutely worth it to go to Tokyo DisneySea. Probably Disneyland also, but if you have to prioritize, head to sea! Everyone has answered your questions very well and very correct, I'll actually be at the parks next week and can answer more if needed. They are being run VERY differently now than pre-Covid so as much as I hope by your visit they will be back to normal, this may be a 'new normal' for the parks.
One positive I've heard is the park is doing a better job with capacity control than before covid. Certainly hope that's true!
Old Apr 4, 2023, 6:46 pm

They actually got rid of the old fast passes. Now they have what’s called Disney Premier where you can pay 2,000 JPY to skip the queue.
I'm on the disney tokyo website, and if I'm understanding it right:
You can skip the queue for 2000JPY ONE TIME?
And then when you wanna skip the queue for another, you buy another?
Dang that's quite pricey.

I heard that Disney France does it differently where you simply buy a more expensive park ticket and its basically a fast pass everywhere the entire day
I guess I heard about the ultimate premier pass which basically gives you a one-time fastpass for rides that have it

Not like the Disney Genie+ where its like a set price and you can keep booking other rides (with limits of course)
Sandeep1 likes this.

Last edited by tedders; Apr 5, 2023 at 1:37 pm Reason: Remove misinformation

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.