Disney Tokyo

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Disney Tokyo

Search this Thread

Old Apr 4, 2023, 6:49 pm

Originally Posted by sharktums
I go to theme parks around the world for a living. It's absolutely worth it to go to Tokyo DisneySea. Probably Disneyland also, but if you have to prioritize, head to sea! Everyone has answered your questions very well and very correct, I'll actually be at the parks next week and can answer more if needed. They are being run VERY differently now than pre-Covid so as much as I hope by your visit they will be back to normal, this may be a 'new normal' for the parks.
Which channel? :O

I watched a lot of disney vloggers when I was prepping for my Disneyworld Trip back in January 2023
Old Apr 4, 2023, 8:05 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by tedders
I'm on the disney tokyo website, and if I'm understanding it right:
You can skip the queue for 2000JPY ONE TIME?
And then when you wanna skip the queue for another, you buy another?
Dang that's quite pricey.

I heard that Disney France does it differently where you simply buy a more expensive park ticket and its basically a fast pass everywhere the entire day

Not like the Disney Genie+ where its like a set price and you can keep booking other rides (with limits of course)
I think it's limited to just a few of the most popular rides and you're only allowed to skip the line once per eligible ride. Would definitely do that for a ride like Soarin where the lines can be truly mind-boggling. I'll be there in mid-May which is historically a good time to go for crowds. And with the current capacity controls in place, I'm hopeful for a pleasant time.
tedders likes this.
Old Apr 5, 2023, 1:02 pm

Programs: DL PM
^That is correct.

Only a few rides and shows in Tokyo offer the 'Premier Access' skip the line for a fee and it sells out VERY quickly. The Paris system is very similar and not a higher priced ticket as you said. It's either buy one at a time or for a very large price you can get one skip for each ride on the system one time. There are actually other parks in Japan that have been offering these line skips for a price for some time (Fuji-Q and Universal are the big ones) and it's a decent program if you're only going to the parks once in a while as a tourist. If you're a local I can see why it bothers you. I'm in Orlando so I almost never buy the line skips for our parks unless I have friends in town. As for me? My husband and I are Theme Park Review and we'll be in Japan soon hitting up some parks!
Sandeep1 and tedders like this.
Old Apr 5, 2023, 1:34 pm
Original Poster

^That is correct.

Only a few rides and shows in Tokyo offer the 'Premier Access' skip the line for a fee and it sells out VERY quickly. The Paris system is very similar and not a higher priced ticket as you said. It's either buy one at a time or for a very large price you can get one skip for each ride on the system one time. There are actually other parks in Japan that have been offering these line skips for a price for some time (Fuji-Q and Universal are the big ones) and it's a decent program if you're only going to the parks once in a while as a tourist. If you're a local I can see why it bothers you. I'm in Orlando so I almost never buy the line skips for our parks unless I have friends in town. As for me? My husband and I are Theme Park Review and we'll be in Japan soon hitting up some parks!
Just got my ticket and express pass for Universal Studios as well. I've never been despite going to Japan 3x. So I'm excited to check out Mario World for the first time!
Old Apr 5, 2023, 5:00 pm

Programs: HH Diamond, GHA Titanium
Was just at Tokyo Disneyland last week, first visit (had always gone to Disneysea in previous visits) cos I have a small kid now.

There were 3 rides and a show 3 shows and a meet&greet that were on ballot mode — you needed to request a ticket on the app and it would somehow in real time tell you if you got a seat or not. I failed for all 4 requests which was a bit of a bummer.

Last edited by shuigao; Apr 6, 2023 at 3:02 am
Old Apr 5, 2023, 7:31 pm

Programs: DL PM
^Do you mean that the rides were already sold out to buy a skip the line ticket? I understand that there's still a show lottery but I don't think ANY of the rides are currently doing the lottery passes anymore.
Old Apr 5, 2023, 8:24 pm

^Do you mean that the rides were already sold out to buy a skip the line ticket? I understand that there's still a show lottery but I don't think ANY of the rides are currently doing the lottery passes anymore.
maybe the standby pass? Same here. Had not heard lottery was for rides but starting april 15 they are selling premium access for parades. Would like to hear details
Old Apr 6, 2023, 3:01 am

Programs: HH Diamond, GHA Titanium
Originally Posted by Topcare
maybe the standby pass? Same here. Had not heard lottery was for rides but starting april 15 they are selling premium access for parades. Would like to hear details
I’m so sorry, brain farted, I meant to say “three shows and a meet & greet.” Have edited the post, apologies again.
Topcare likes this.
Old Apr 6, 2023, 4:49 am

Originally Posted by shuigao
I’m so sorry, brain farted, I meant to say “three shows and a meet & greet.” Have edited the post, apologies again.
no worries. stuff changes overnight but glad to know.
Old Apr 6, 2023, 5:08 am

Wow seems like so many changes for DisneySea

Have to read up on those.
Old Apr 6, 2023, 2:02 pm

^That is correct.

Oh man, I've watched a lot of your ride reviews over 2019-Present on the side while working! Helped me figure out which rides I really wanted to get on, and which I can miss out on for DisneyWorld
Topcare likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.