Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Destinations > Asia > Japan
Reload this Page >

NRT - T1 - estimated time for exiting airport?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Oct 6, 2022, 9:29 am
Original Poster

Hey all, I know its going to be pretty crazy on 11th October with the loosening restrictions, but I have a flight that day arriving into NRT T1 at 15:30.

I wondered if anyone might be able to offer any guidance / best guess, based on experience, on how long it might be from de-planing until I can collect my luggage, please?

Ive heard that pre-covid it could be up to 2 hours.

Appreciate it could be difficult to gauge in the current situation.

Ill need to collect a SIM card for my phone, but the store in T1 closes at 6pm so I really dont want to miss that!

Thanks in advance
Old Oct 7, 2022, 4:25 pm

Programs: AA EXP; Hyatt Globalist; Marriott Bonvoy Titanium Elite
Originally Posted by Tofino87
Hey all, I know its going to be pretty crazy on 11th October with the loosening restrictions, but I have a flight that day arriving into NRT T1 at 15:30.

I wondered if anyone might be able to offer any guidance / best guess, based on experience, on how long it might be from de-planing until I can collect my luggage, please?

Ive heard that pre-covid it could be up to 2 hours.

Appreciate it could be difficult to gauge in the current situation.

Ill need to collect a SIM card for my phone, but the store in T1 closes at 6pm so I really dont want to miss that!

Thanks in advance
really depends on the time of day you come in and how many other flights come in at the same time. It's never taken me more than 30 minutes to get through immigration, to collect my bags, and get to the front of the airport, but immigration is usually empty when I get there and I'm usually one of the first people off the plane, so it's very YMMV. You could always get a plan that has an esim or a company that will ship to you so you can avoid having to rush to get to the place before it closes.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.