Reload this Page >

ANA vs United (Business) : LAX - Tokyo

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

ANA vs United (Business) : LAX - Tokyo

Search this Thread

Old Jul 8, 2023, 2:48 am

Neither cabin will be a furnace - that’s an old trope that just isn’t true anymore - *especially* on ANA flights.

ANA soft product will always be superior, but if you have a redeye that may not matter so much - and hardproductwise Polaris beats ANA staggered biz. In fact now that I’ve finally flown The Room tbh I’d probably choose Polaris over that too if I was going to try and sleep. It u fortunately just isn’t sized right for folks like me over 190cm.

As others have said, ANA F is the way to go and what I always try to fly. That is to say, it’s awful and no one should ever book another F award seat with ANA, please.
bmwe92fan likes this.
Old Jul 8, 2023, 4:51 am

Originally Posted by mjm
One of the best things you can do to make economy in either more tolerable is take a stopover in SEA.
we are flying from LAX? Does a stopover in SEA make any sense?

Originally Posted by pesos
Neither cabin will be a furnace - that’s an old trope that just isn’t true anymore - *especially* on ANA flights.

ANA soft product will always be superior, but if you have a redeye that may not matter so much - and hardproductwise Polaris beats ANA staggered biz. In fact now that I’ve finally flown The Room tbh I’d probably choose Polaris over that too if I was going to try and sleep. It u fortunately just isn’t sized right for folks like me over 190cm.

As others have said, ANA F is the way to go and what I always try to fly. That is to say, it’s awful and no one should ever book another F award seat with ANA, please.
Thank you. Would you come to the same conclusion for economy?
Old Jul 8, 2023, 4:56 am

Originally Posted by pmeye

Thank you. Would you come to the same conclusion for economy?
I don’t fly econ for more
than 5-6 hours max, but to Japan afaik JAL’s Econ is by far the best.
joejones likes this.
Old Jul 8, 2023, 8:47 am
mjm
Original Member

Originally Posted by pmeye
I guess it has a lot to do with your time available. If it were me and I were for some bizarre reason flying economy, I would definitely go see friends in SEA and fly onward the next day. If time is tight then maybe some Actifed and the direct flight will be better. Another thought if in budget is to try ANA's premium economy product. It is quite a better ride for long haul than straight econ.
pmeye likes this.
Old Jul 8, 2023, 12:36 pm

Originally Posted by pesos
East Asian airline cabins still run hotter than U.S. ones, IME.
And I'd argue about the soft product always being better on ANA (I have seen how their FAs treat Japanese passengers with kid gloves, especially if the flight has run out of a certain meal).

But 100% their catering and snacks blow UA out of the water, both the Western and Japanese options.
​​​​​​
pmeye likes this.
Old Jul 15, 2023, 12:59 am

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, Bonvoy Titanium, AA Exec Plat, OZ Diamond Plus
Just flew ANA J (old 777) to TYO and UA Polaris back from ICN. The Polaris seat is nice and slightly more comfortable, but ANA felt like a more “luxe” business class experience with significantly better soft product. I received no menus on Polaris and the flight attendant just asked me what I wanted and read from an iPad. Everything comes out on a single tray with no plate / tablecloth service and the food is pretty bad. I mean, an off-brand Choco-Pie for dessert on a $4-6K flight?? And don’t even get me started on the “anytime” offerings.

UA just felt like fake Instagram style over substance. There is an element of care with ANA that just feels right.
CreoUCLA, roberto99 and pmeye like this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.