Reload this Page >

24h layover in Tokyo - worth it?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

24h layover in Tokyo - worth it?

Search this Thread

Old Dec 13, 2019, 12:03 am

Yes, that's the one. Pompadour is a chain. Their logo/signage is in red. I think their croissants and certain other items are really solid.
For me: 1). Vie de France; 2). Pompadour; 3). Donq
Donq is like a distant third.
But there're some mini-chains like that Pain Traditionnel place that I rate very highly.
In Sapporo, I love Coron. That place is amazing.

Jpn does have very decent croissants, for sure. $4-6 is a lot! In Jpn, great ones are usually like 200yen. But great croissants are certainly worth it, aren't they?
Unfortunately where I live the best croissants are Trader Joe's frozen ones.
Old Dec 13, 2019, 12:48 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by freecia
I had to look up ポンパドウル. I don't think I've ever been to one. Looking at the photos here T ?????? | POMPADOUR???????? | ?????? this looks like a good offering in Japan's pretty decent croissant game. I can't say without trying it but I probably would be more enticed by the flakiness of the bottom one than the smoothness of the the top. I've been pleasantly surprised by a few croissants to not judge them on looks alone.
They are not croissants that will have your eyes glistening in gratitude as they splinter and then yield between your teeth.
Or to put it another way; there are croissants that I will sit my kid down for and say “you HAVE to try this” and then take in her expression as she experiences joy. Pompadour’s are not those croissants.
Attached Images   

Last edited by LapLap; Dec 13, 2019 at 1:14 am
Old Dec 13, 2019, 1:23 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

freecia, would love to know what you think of Boul’ange. It’s the takeover name of Gontran Cherrier.
There’s a branch not too far from Tokyo station

Nihonbashimuromachi, 1 Chome−5−5 3B1F コレド室町
COREDO Muromachi 3

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.