Wiki Posts
Search

ryokan in Yokohama end of July?

Search this Thread

Old May 28, 2016, 4:31 pm
Original Poster

Programs: UA plat, , aa plat, marriott LT titanium
ryokan in Yokohama end of July?

I am trying to find a ryokan for 4 nights in/near Yokohama (need to be at a meeting in Yokohama).
I haven't been able to find anything (that has availability) in English searches. Anyone have any suggestions?
Also I am looking for 1 person - are they usually booking only double?
Old May 28, 2016, 5:53 pm

Programs: Former UA Premex, now dirt
4 nights at the same ryokan sounds pretty boring. How about 1 night plus 3 at a nice hotel? You might have better luck finding a nice place for a night or two where 4 nights is unavailable.
Old May 28, 2016, 6:10 pm
Original Poster

Programs: UA plat, , aa plat, marriott LT titanium
well I can't find ANY availability. So I don't know if they don't want non-Japanese (and therefore only list availability in Japanese) or if I'm searching incorrectly?

Also if it is close to Yokohama why couldn't I do things during the day other than just stay in the Ryokan (just like I'd not spend the entire day in a hotel)
Old May 28, 2016, 11:14 pm

Programs: UA, NW
One usually doesn't think of Yokohama as a place for ryokan. Have you been there? Aside from the Sankeien Gardens, there isn't a lot of Japanese tradition to be had.

If you are determined to sleep on tatami, stay in a Western-style hotel for the duration of your meeting in Yokohama and then take off for some more rural or traditional place for your ryokan experience.
Old May 29, 2016, 2:02 pm
Moderator: Luxury Hotels and FlyerTalk Evangelist

Maybe an area fairly near to Yokohoma to spend a night in a ryokan would be Odawara or Hakone-Yumoto.
Old May 29, 2016, 11:53 pm

Programs: meltdowngraded from "F" and "C" , Accor Plt, BW Dia, ihg G, UA 0.9999MM
Just found a website of a ryokan in Yokohama city.

http://r-matsushima.jp/inn/index.html

It's around 10-15 min. subway ride away from the central Yokohama Station/ Minato Mirai area. No train change is needed. Their plans are Room only/ Room + Breakfast / Room + Breakfast + Dinner. It says the ryokan has been there for 100 years. That tells something. Their lovely carps(nishikigoi) may help you relax yourself.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.