Wiki Posts
Search

Tokyo DisneySea

Search this Thread

Old May 24, 2016, 1:05 pm
Suspended
Original Poster

Originally Posted by pdxkankuu
Last time I went to DisneySea was this January, on a monday. Didn't get to ride Journey to the Center of the Earth. I did just say I had *seen* 3+ hour lines in the past, though -- they aren't common. Usually.
In your experience, how were lines at night, 1 hour before close?
Old May 25, 2016, 9:35 am

Originally Posted by TMM1982
THAT is something I unfortunately can't comment on. I'm rarely there that late. I usually go right when the gates open, but I don't usually stay until the park closes. IIRC, lines are usually a little shorter by that time, but the *super* popular rides are probably still impossible.

It's really about timing, I think. Best time might be during the parades and fireworks. When everyone is distracted by shiny things. =D
Old May 25, 2016, 3:47 pm

Programs: UA Platinum, AA Lifetime Platinum, DL Platinum, Honors Diamond, Bonvoy Ambassador, Hertz Platinum
Be aware that they will close the line to each attraction BEFORE the posted park closing time, if the line otherwise is long enough to go 30 minutes past closing time. This is different from the US parks, where as long as you get in line before posted park closing time, you get to ride, no matter how long it takes for the line to empty (it could be hours in a worst-case scenario).
Old May 26, 2016, 12:54 am
Suspended
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Steve M
Be aware that they will close the line to each attraction BEFORE the posted park closing time, if the line otherwise is long enough to go 30 minutes past closing time. This is different from the US parks, where as long as you get in line before posted park closing time, you get to ride, no matter how long it takes for the line to empty (it could be hours in a worst-case scenario).
Okay so they'll close the line but everyone who was in line prior to them closing the line will be able to ride yes?
Old May 26, 2016, 12:55 am
Suspended
Original Poster

Originally Posted by pdxkankuu
THAT is something I unfortunately can't comment on. I'm rarely there that late. I usually go right when the gates open, but I don't usually stay until the park closes. IIRC, lines are usually a little shorter by that time, but the *super* popular rides are probably still impossible.

It's really about timing, I think. Best time might be during the parades and fireworks. When everyone is distracted by shiny things. =D
Yea I ask because when I went to Disney Paris, the park was insanely crowded during the morning and afternoon but then completely emptied out by dinner. And this was a Sunday in July.
Old May 26, 2016, 9:45 am

Yea I ask because when I went to Disney Paris, the park was insanely crowded during the morning and afternoon but then completely emptied out by dinner. And this was a Sunday in July.
Yeah... Tokyo Disney and DisneySea are just always crowded. =D
Old May 26, 2016, 11:53 am

Programs: UA Platinum, AA Lifetime Platinum, DL Platinum, Honors Diamond, Bonvoy Ambassador, Hertz Platinum
Okay so they'll close the line but everyone who was in line prior to them closing the line will be able to ride yes?
That's right. They'll close the line off however early they need to in order that everyone already in the line can ride. It could be an hour or two before park close if the line is that long at the end of the day.
Old May 26, 2016, 5:13 pm
Suspended
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Steve M
That's right. They'll close the line off however early they need to in order that everyone already in the line can ride. It could be an hour or two before park close if the line is that long at the end of the day.
Got it. Definitely makes it harder to plan late night.
Old May 26, 2016, 8:33 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Hyatt Discoverist, SEIBU PRINCE CLUB Silver, Marriott Gold
Got it. Definitely makes it harder to plan late night.
Think there are things to do in Ikspiri after 10pm. Bon Voyage is also open late.
Old May 26, 2016, 11:51 pm
Suspended
Original Poster

Originally Posted by hailstorm
Think there are things to do in Ikspiri after 10pm. Bon Voyage is also open late.
Cool thanks
Old May 27, 2016, 10:40 am

Programs: AA PtPro (2 MM); Hilton Diamond; Hertz President Cr; DL SkyMiles; UA MileagePlus
Themed Entertainment Association ranked theme parks by number of attendees in 2015.

1. Magic Kingdom (U.S.A.)
2. Disneyland (U.S.A.)
3. Tokyo Disneyland (Japan)
4. Universal Studio Japan (Japan)
5. Tokyo Disney Sea (Japan)
6. EPCOT (U.S.A)
7. Disneys Animal Kingdom (U.S.A.)
8. Disneys Hollywood Studios (U.S.A.)
9. Disneyland Park at Disneyland Paris (France)
10. Universal Studio (U.S.A.)

Disney and Universal Studio in Japan showed very strong number. Universal Studio Japan had 45% more attendees than Universal Studio in the U.S.A.

The top none Disney or Universal Studio theme park was ranked at no. 13, Chimelong Ocean Kingdom (China).
Old May 27, 2016, 11:04 am
Suspended
Original Poster

Wait till Disney Shanghai opens. Will definitely be towards the top.
Old May 27, 2016, 3:01 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Hyatt Discoverist, SEIBU PRINCE CLUB Silver, Marriott Gold
Originally Posted by AlwaysAisle
Themed Entertainment Association ranked theme parks by number of attendees in 2015.
Source?

Wait till Disney Shanghai opens. Will definitely be towards the top.
Why? Disney Hong Kong isn't.

Last edited by hailstorm; May 28, 2016 at 3:23 pm
Old May 28, 2016, 3:57 am
Suspended
Original Poster

Originally Posted by hailstorm
Why? Disney Hong Kong isn't.
By all accounts, Disney Shanghai will introduce some revolutionary tech into some of their rides which will blow HK Disney out of the water.

On top of that, Shanghai has more than twice the population that Hong Kong has.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.