Reload this Page >

Meet FlyerTalkers in Japan...

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Jul 21, 2014, 8:03 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: armagebedar
Also be sure to check the ANA Lounge meetup thread and JAL Lounge meetup thread to meet FTers in airport lounges in Japan and elsewhere.
Print Wikipost

Meet FlyerTalkers in Japan...

Search this Thread

Old Aug 25, 2023, 12:55 pm

Sure, I am doing Mt. Fuji on the 2nd and leaving for Harashima on the 4th in the afternoon, but don't have any firm plans for the 3rd.
Old Aug 26, 2023, 5:21 am

Originally Posted by darkguy2
Sure, I am doing Mt. Fuji on the 2nd and leaving for Harashima on the 4th in the afternoon, but don't have any firm plans for the 3rd.
September 3 should work. We’ll be checking into a hotel near Meguro station that morning and do not have plans for dinner yet.
Old Sep 11, 2023, 10:07 am

Metropolis Japan magazine + NYC

Hello everyone,

Long story short, I'm going to be published in an upcoming food issue of Metropolis Japan; it's an expat (English language) magazine found throughout Tokyo.

Unfortunately, I am in NYC for the time being, and the editor won't send me a copy. If someone can pick up a copy of the food issue, and is traveling to NYC later this month, I'd be glad to get that person a beer.

n.b. the magazine is free, but you're still putting in all of the effort.

Thanks!
FFF
Old Sep 11, 2023, 1:36 pm

Programs: UA GS 1.7MM, AA 2.1MM, EK, BA, SQ, CX, Marriot LT, Accor P
Originally Posted by FindingFoodFluency
Hello everyone,

Long story short, I'm going to be published in an upcoming food issue of Metropolis Japan; it's an expat (English language) magazine found throughout Tokyo.

Unfortunately, I am in NYC for the time being, and the editor won't send me a copy. If someone can pick up a copy of the food issue, and is traveling to NYC later this month, I'd be glad to get that person a beer.

n.b. the magazine is free, but you're still putting in all of the effort.

Thanks!
FFF
We head back to Tokyo Thursday - back in NYC in mid October -- I'll try to find one.

Any tips where to look?
FindingFoodFluency likes this.
Old Sep 11, 2023, 1:44 pm

Originally Posted by bmwe92fan
We head back to Tokyo Thursday - back in NYC in mid October -- I'll try to find one.

Any tips where to look?
Thanks, bmwe92fan !

Obviously, no need to go out of your way -- or in it -- to get the magazine.

Fortunately, however there are a number places to snatch a copy: https://metropolisjapan.com/pick-up-a-copy/.
I can try to let you know when the issue comes out, so that you don't waste extra time.
Old Sep 11, 2023, 1:50 pm

Programs: UA GS 1.7MM, AA 2.1MM, EK, BA, SQ, CX, Marriot LT, Accor P
Originally Posted by FindingFoodFluency
Thanks, bmwe92fan !

Obviously, no need to go out of your way -- or in it -- to get the magazine.

Fortunately, however there are a number places to snatch a copy: https://metropolisjapan.com/pick-up-a-copy/.
I can try to let you know when the issue comes out, so that you don't waste extra time.
Ok no worries -- I asked because we live in Hatchobori and not much around there has it... I also run most days on Sunidagawa to the Skytree and back -- but again not much on that route.... We are often in Ginza to eat and it seems more likely to be found there... Feel free to PM one it comes out...
Old Sep 11, 2023, 5:23 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: JAL Metal Card (OWE), SAS Eurobonus Gold (*G, LTG), Marriott Titanium (LTP), Tokyu Hotels Platinum
Originally Posted by bmwe92fan
Ok no worries -- I asked because we live in Hatchobori and not much around there has it... I also run most days on Sunidagawa to the Skytree and back -- but again not much on that route.... We are often in Ginza to eat and it seems more likely to be found there... Feel free to PM one it comes out...
I can see I have three spots in my neighbourhood, so ping me a message as well as a backup option. Though I do have a bit of travel coming up should be possible to swing by. I'd walk past daily when home.
Old Sep 11, 2023, 8:35 pm

Originally Posted by CPH-Flyer
I can see I have three spots in my neighbourhood, so ping me a message as well as a backup option. Though I do have a bit of travel coming up should be possible to swing by. I'd walk past daily when home.
Team effort. Thanks, CPH-Flyer !

(I will still let our FT colleague know first when the issue gets published.)
Old May 26, 2024, 11:27 pm

This Wed./Thu., Tokyo

I will be in Tokyo this Wednesday and Thursday, if anyone would like to meet/is interested in a tour.

Meanwhile, I'm amused by this transliteration near Toyama Airport:

(The berukurashikku isn't even in the Japanese name)
​​​​​
Old May 26, 2024, 11:41 pm

Programs: ANA PLATINUM,HYATT GLOBALIST, AA PLATINUM FOR LIFE, UNITED SILVER, HILTON DIAMOND, MARRIOTT TITANIUM
Talking

Originally Posted by FindingFoodFluency_
I will be in Tokyo this Wednesday and Thursday, if anyone would like to meet/is interested in a tour.

​​​​​
Old May 26, 2024, 11:43 pm

Programs: ANA PLATINUM,HYATT GLOBALIST, AA PLATINUM FOR LIFE, UNITED SILVER, HILTON DIAMOND, MARRIOTT TITANIUM
I will be back in Japan for all of July and the first 2 weeks of August.

If anyone wants to visit Takasaki, I will be spending most of my time there but I do have a week scheduled in Yokohama.
Old May 27, 2024, 5:46 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: JAL Metal Card (OWE), SAS Eurobonus Gold (*G, LTG), Marriott Titanium (LTP), Tokyu Hotels Platinum

​​​​​
Belle Classique Imperial Wing Guest House. Isn't that obvious? Foreign words turned in to katakana converted back to latin letters....

This week is pretty bad timing for me.
Old May 28, 2024, 4:31 pm

Originally Posted by CPH-Flyer
Belle Classique Imperial Wing Guest House. Isn't that obvious? Foreign words turned in to katakana converted back to latin letters....
よく知ってます。 Except that, like I said, the Belle Classique was omitted from the Japanese name on google maps.

Anyway, time to move on to German signs to see if they compete
Old May 28, 2024, 4:52 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

よく知ってます。 Except that, like I said, the Belle Classique was omitted from the Japanese name on google maps.

Anyway, time to move on to German signs to see if they compete
​​​​​​
If you go to Berlin, you will get a laugh at how many words it takes to say "mind the gap"
Old May 28, 2024, 7:07 pm

Programs: Tokyo Monorail Diamond-Encrusted-Platinum
If you go to Berlin, you will get a laugh at how many words it takes to say "mind the gap"
It might sound like a lot of words, but it's actually all just one long word.

Regarding the "Belle Classique Imperial Wing Guest House," I have a hunch that the wedding hall changed ownership. The new owners are "Imperial Wing," and "Belle Classique," might be a vestigial element in some mapping database.

Last edited by jib71; May 28, 2024 at 7:19 pm

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.