Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Destinations > Asia > Japan
Reload this Page >

Consolidated "Buy Whiskey in Japan" thread (was: Haneda/Narita Duty Free Whiskey)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Oct 18, 2019, 5:22 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: armagebedar
This thread is about where to find whiskey in Japan. Extended discussion about where to find Japanese whiskey elsewhere is off topic and will be removed.

Per FlyerTalk rule 10, nothing may be bought, sold, or traded on this forum:

FlyerTalk is not a marketplace and nothing may be offered for sale or barter. The exception to this rule is those items in the Coupon Connection (C.C.) Forum, which is governed by specific posting rules, and access to which is granted once you have achieved 180 posts and 180 days as a member.
Print Wikipost

Consolidated "Buy Whiskey in Japan" thread (was: Haneda/Narita Duty Free Whiskey)

Search this Thread

Old May 16, 2019, 2:07 am

Programs: CX DM, SingAir, Hyatt
Friend of mine was at KIX today and claimed there was not even displays of the Suntory LE whiskies. i.e. not selling anymore
Old May 16, 2019, 3:46 pm

Programs: Hyatt Globalist
I do notice they take down the displays down sometimes at HND when they're out of stock. I'm flying through NRT twice in the upcoming month so I'll be sure to report back my findings.
7473chad likes this.
Old May 17, 2019, 10:36 am

KIX now only sells Suntory bottles on a lottery basis. You need to apply for the lottery by Wednesday before your flight departs. I am not sure if this is better worse, seems easy enough for residents of countries close by to apply every week and book a quick flight to pick up if they win.

Wonder if NRT and HND will do the same

https://www.kixdutyfree.jp/en/ComMai...9ch&src=slider
7473chad likes this.
Old May 17, 2019, 6:45 pm

Originally Posted by invalyd
KIX now only sells Suntory bottles on a lottery basis. You need to apply for the lottery by Wednesday before your flight departs. I am not sure if this is better worse, seems easy enough for residents of countries close by to apply every week and book a quick flight to pick up if they win.

Wonder if NRT and HND will do the same

https://www.kixdutyfree.jp/en/ComMai...9ch&src=slider
i think that’s a good news! If you know you win the lottery you don’t have to run to 5-6 different stores to ask if they have them available! Plus more people will get a chance to buy instead of flippers get them all!!
Old May 17, 2019, 6:48 pm

Originally Posted by james21_h

i think that’s a good news! If you know you win the lottery you don’t have to run to 5-6 different stores to ask if they have them available! Plus more people will get a chance to buy instead of flippers get them all!!
Already entered as am flying out of KIX soon. Love this idea!
invalyd likes this.
Old May 17, 2019, 7:42 pm

Originally Posted by 7473chad
Already entered as am flying out of KIX soon. Love this idea!
I entered too, good luck!
7473chad likes this.
Old May 18, 2019, 1:41 am

Anyone fly out of NRT recently? Any good finds there? I'm flying out tomorrow and want to know if I should try picking some stuff up before I leave tomorrow or if I should just wait until the duty free shop.
Old May 18, 2019, 6:13 am

Originally Posted by Alexander Hemsley
Anyone fly out of NRT recently? Any good finds there? I'm flying out tomorrow and want to know if I should try picking some stuff up before I leave tomorrow or if I should just wait until the duty free shop.
If you are only focused on Japanese whisky, Narita is the best place to look for the Suntory limited editions (only sold at Narita, Haneda and KIX). Other than that, not much Japanese whisky worth buying at the airports (there is plenty of low end stuff you can find cheaper outside Japan). Lots of 'fake' stuff packaged nicely but not even Japanese whisky.
invalyd likes this.
Old May 19, 2019, 2:57 pm

Programs: 2.96MM DL DM, Hyatt Globalist, AA Plat Pro, UA Silver, HH Lifetime Diamond, Marriott TE
Just a note of interest. Was in Chicago this weekend at a restaurant called Proxi. They had both Hibiki 17 and 21. A 2 ounce pour of the 17 was $90 USD and the 21 was....$125 USD!!. Also found Harmony there for $79 USD but that was it other than Toki. This was at Binnys, a local discount store.
Old May 19, 2019, 3:42 pm

I;m interested in getting the mini bottles of whiskey but cant really find them anywhere.

Any ideas around in Tokyo/Narita?

Thanks!
Old May 25, 2019, 5:51 am

Roppongi Hills Hibiki festival

Old May 25, 2019, 11:51 am

I've managed to secure a Yamazaki 25 and Hibiki 30 for pick up at NRT this week! Trying to contain my excitement until I have the bottles in hand but it sure is nice to not have to worry about hitting all the shops and coming up empty handed.
Old May 25, 2019, 2:21 pm

I've managed to secure a Yamazaki 25 and Hibiki 30 for pick up at NRT this week! Trying to contain my excitement until I have the bottles in hand but it sure is nice to not have to worry about hitting all the shops and coming up empty handed.
Nice! I have been browsing but online all showed it's out of stock! Luck you!! It is out of my price range tho!! I wish I could...
Old May 25, 2019, 3:03 pm

Nice score! I'm guessing you scored them via the lottery and meant picking them up from KIX and not NRT, right?
Old May 25, 2019, 4:41 pm

WTH Totally zero with two entries at KIX this week

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.